There are 211 users in the forums

We get no ... RESPECT!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Good, niners do their best work when they're underdogs.

Eff em all!!!

Thread/
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We just had a tie at home against the Rams. Why would people respect that?

Yeah, tying the Rams doesn't exactly make us look elite.
Originally posted by Joecool:
The team gets a lot of respect. There's one player on this team that doesn't and he must prove em all wrong.

Brandon Jacobs? right right lol?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
I was about to say that championship caliber teams beat the teams they should beat, aka: s**tty teams. But the Giants just lost to the Bengals. Granted, not s**tty but neither are the rams anymore.
Originally posted by NYCNINER:
I hate to sound like Rodney Dangerfield but... I got into a heated work-place argument with a Bears fan today!! Constantly going at it with NY Giants fans!!! Dawned on me that the constant theme is that we are not respected or taken seriously... The usual stuff... Your QB stinks... Crabtree over rated... Davis has disappeared! Got to thinking ... Are "they" right or are we "faithful" right??? Not easy being the lone guy in the room flying the flag.

I feel ya there... being a displaced niner fan in Texas, but at least the one comeback everyone always used is going away. No one around here has been going "oh your only so good cause you play in the worst division in the league" so we are getting some credit there. Its every third game we lost or tie though I think we start getting cute and cocky and then something happenes and everyone goes oops lets start again. back to the basics get 2 more wins and start slipping again. I hope our guys have learned their lessons by now.
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Nobody's just gonna give you respect, you gotta earn it, time to go smash some Chicago heads and earn ours

Nobody gave the SF Giants "respect" over the past three years and they won 2 Championships...essentially, with picthing and defense and timely hitting. Hmmm, sound familiar?
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Truth is somewhere in the middle. I just flat out dont trust Alex Smith and I firmly Believe neither does this coaching staff and the worst part about it is, the rest of the League also realizes that our own Coach Harbaugh doesnt trust Alex, Defenses are starting to Squat on our WR routes because they know that Alex cannot accurately consistently deliver the ball down the Field to VD, Crabs, Mannham, & Moss. Now I know Alex has shown flashes of decensy but look at the Giants game, the Giants were just daring Alex & the 9ers to throw the Ball yet Harbaugh called very conservative play calls with slants that were being squatted on and Frank Gore Dives, etc etc. As far as our defense goes, where has our Pass Rush Gone? The Rams have a Brutal Oline yet we couldn't stop Bradford?? and let Steve Jack get over a hundy? I believe we are a Good team, however I don't think we are as elite as some of us might wanna believe.

Well, congrats...you just proved the point of the OP.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
who cares anyway? I know I don't respect other teams. That SB trophy from last season is ours. IDGAF what anyone says. The Giants didn't beat us.
We will get the respect, once we win the SB with Alex Smith!
Originally posted by Fisherniner:
I hate to sound like Rodney Dangerfield but... I got into a heated work-place argument with a Bears fan today!! Constantly going at it with NY Giants fans!!! Dawned on me that the constant theme is that we are not respected or taken seriously... The usual stuff... Your QB stinks... Crabtree over rated... Davis has disappeared! Got to thinking ... Are "they" right or are we "faithful" right??? Not easy being the lone guy in the room flying the flag.

I feel ya there... being a displaced niner fan in Texas, but at least the one comeback everyone always used is going away. No one around here has been going "oh your only so good cause you play in the worst division in the league" so we are getting some credit there. Its every third game we lost or tie though I think we start getting cute and cocky and then something happenes and everyone goes oops lets start again. back to the basics get 2 more wins and start slipping again. I hope our guys have learned their lessons by now.

Being a fan from TN, i feel the pain, first year of success with harbaugh "oooooh you... you just play in the NFC West that's the only reason" or "your quarterback stinks so you won't make the playoffs."..... Present day (just yesterday actually) "Oh wow a 49ers jersey?! you bandwagoner! oh well 49ers won't make it anyways you have a terrible qb and a mediocre running game" Sometimes I actually have to remind them that the Titans have NEVER won a super bowl.... oh well it's my favorite part of the day owning idiots who think they know football

Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Nobody's just gonna give you respect, you gotta earn it, time to go smash some Chicago heads and earn ours

Nobody gave the SF Giants "respect" over the past three years and they won 2 Championships...essentially, with picthing and defense and timely hitting. Hmmm, sound familiar?

Giants hit the fewest homers in the majors, "NOT ELITE"

lololol
[ Edited by ninermedic on Nov 17, 2012 at 6:13 AM ]
I think this team does get the respect it deserves. After week 2, they were by far the best team too the point where Mike Greenberg said, "The #1 team is the 49ers. There is no number 2 team. The Niners are that good."

Since week too, got dominated by Vikings and Giants. Looked awful vs r
Rams and in 1st half vs Seahawks.

That said, they dominated the Jets, Bills, Cardinals and 2nd half vs Seahawks.
Originally posted by dcsham:
Our QB stinks, Crabtree is over rated, and Davis has disappeared.

and we can't stop the run
Originally posted by NinerDieHard:
Originally posted by Fisherniner:

Being a fan from TN, i feel the pain, first year of success with harbaugh "oooooh you... you just play in the NFC West that's the only reason" or "your quarterback stinks so you won't make the playoffs."..... Present day (just yesterday actually) "Oh wow a 49ers jersey?! you bandwagoner! oh well 49ers won't make it anyways you have a terrible qb and a mediocre running game" Sometimes I actually have to remind them that the Titans have NEVER won a super bowl.... oh well it's my favorite part of the day owning idiots who think they know football

can the titans beat alabama?
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
I was about to say that championship caliber teams beat the teams they should beat, aka: s**tty teams. But the Giants just lost to the Bengals. Granted, not s**tty but neither are the rams anymore.

No they got blown out by the bengals.
Share 49ersWebzone