There are 171 users in the forums

Rank our roster 1-53 strongest player to weakest player;

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Exactly! We lost ASmith in a game last week, we were down when he went out and we came back and should have won that game! I see what you are doing in regards to setting up the Smith Bashing but C'mon Man!

Not trying to set up anything. Just saying how can Alex be better player than Justin, Bowman, Vernon, McDonald, Donte, Goldson, even Brown, Cully, Hunter maybe also. Kaep came in and did do well, Alex was a part of our success in 2011, but the defense was the most part. I dont see how anyone can say Alex is better than those named.
I stopped when i saw brian jennings at 31 he should be at 53. Not sure how McBath is 53 when he actually gets to dress for gameday.
Man, I tried to edit the list, but it's way too much work. So I'll give my general comments:

I think Justin Smith is too high based on this year. In fact, based on importance to the team, I'd put Gore at the very top! Crabtree is also ballin out and should be in the top 10. All of the linemen in the top 10 are good, but they should all be sent to the bottom of top 10 in my opinion. So my list would lookk like this:

1. Gore
2. Willis
3. Aldon Smith
4. Justin Smith
5. V. Davis
6, Goldson
7. Brooks
8.Bowman
9.Staley
10. Crabs - just edged A.Davis.

IMO, Brooks doesn't get nearly enough credit for his play.

Edit: The top 10 list was hard to make. There are a bunch of guys that I consider to be "equal." Willis clearly isn't have his best year, but I know he could excell if used correctly. I feel the same way about V.Davis. He's high quality at everything he does, but we just dont use him to attack a defense. He just has too much talent to rank him out of the top 5. And the only reason I dont have J.Smith higher is because I'm not sure if he's tapering off because of his age. He's playing great ball, but last year he was unstoppable.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Nov 15, 2012 at 6:04 PM ]
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Exactly! We lost ASmith in a game last week, we were down when he went out and we came back and should have won that game! I see what you are doing in regards to setting up the Smith Bashing but C'mon Man!

Not trying to set up anything. Just saying how can Alex be better player than Justin, Bowman, Vernon, McDonald, Donte, Goldson, even Brown, Cully, Hunter maybe also. Kaep came in and did do well, Alex was a part of our success in 2011, but the defense was the most part. I dont see how anyone can say Alex is better than those named.

Look man, i know you dont like AS, but now your saying that our backup RB is more Valuable? thats a huge reach man. You have let your bias blind you.
Someone has way too much time on their hands and really bored
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Look man, i know you dont like AS, but now your saying that our backup RB is more Valuable? thats a huge reach man. You have let your bias blind you.

I'm saying we can win with Kaep at QB, because of our short yard passing game and rushing game, and the great defense. If we had a terrible defense, and no run game, than Alex would NEED to be depended on more, which I couldn't see it.
Originally posted by BobS:
Akers is way too high, he is having a bad year.

I agree Akers is not that high.
Is this list supposed to show who is best at Thier position or who is most important to the team/ has the most individual impact on wins and losses?

Because each would look completely different.
LOL @ Brian Jennings only #31.

Blasphemy.
Gore is by far the Niners most valuable player and should be number one. Lee is the best punter in the league and as bad as the ST is, could you imagine how much worse it could be if it weren't for Lee? As for number 3, I'm still going with Willis even though he's had a bad game or two. He's come up huge this season and I think he's actually better this year than last two years.

Frank Gore has gotta be #1

Easily the MVP of our team so far
akers is way to high and alex smith is way too low. perish cox is no where near as valuable as smith
ray mcdonald=worst player evar
stopped at Staley
I did mine in terms of both strength at their position as well as value to the team. Brian Jennings doesn't make mistakes, but a long-snapper can't be in the top ten.

1. Justin Smith
2. Bowman
3. Willis
4. Goldson
5. Iupati
6. Boone
7. Vernon Davis
8. Gore
9. Lee
10. Staley

11. Aldon Smith
12. Crabtree