There are 138 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Harbaugh having heart procedure

Mike Sando, ESPN.com ‏@espn_nfcwest Jim Harbaugh says atrial flutter is something he has had all life. Had cardiovert. As player, had an ablasion.

Mike Sando, ESPN.com ‏@espn_nfcwest Jim Harbaugh: He felt Wednesday his heart was beating faster than usual.
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Originally posted by susweel:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows John Harbaugh suggests this wasn't his little brother's first issue with his ticker

"He's feeling good," John Harbaugh said of his younger brother today. "He had a little procedure. He's had it before. I guess it's a little more advanced now [with] his heart rate and things like that. So, it should correct that. He's back at work today from what I understand."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-john-harbaugh-on-jim-harbaughs-heart-procedure-hes-feeling-good-hes-back-at-work-from-what-i-underst-20121116,0,6877242.story

Now im concerned, I thought this was his first time

just great we hired a coach with a bad heart.
Mike Sando, ESPN.com ‏@espn_nfcwest Jim Harbaugh says doctors suggest diet changes but he does not expect to change the way he coaches.
Originally posted by susweel:
just great we hired a coach with a bad heart.

Jed and Baalke failed We want Rex! We want Rex!!!!
Mike Sanda, ESPM.com@espm_nfcwest Jim Harbaugh admits to raging coke problem, is checking into AA. Wont be available Monday.

Joe Montana approves.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Nov 16, 2012 at 12:19 PM ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Mike Sanda, ESPM.com@espm_nfcwest Jim Harbaugh admits to raging coke problem, is checking into AA. Wont be available Monday.

Joe Montana approves.

R.I.P Harbaugh
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Joe Montana approves.

Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch #49ers Jim Harbaugh told by doctors to cut down on caffeine.

Dude was probably chugging 5 hour energy shots like it was water
It isnt surprising that this isnt the first time he has been in atrial fibrillation. It can occur acutely, chronically or intermittently. It comes back in many even after cardioversion. Ultimately he may eventually go on a beta blocker (like metoprolol) and a blood thinner (like warfarin). It isnt an issue that will prevent him from doing his job.

The comment from his brother about it being more advanced isnt entirely accurate. Atrial fibrillation makes your heart rate irregular. Basically, if you felt his pulse it would occur with variable time intervals between beats.

What his brother was likely referring to was that Jim had something called atrial fibrillation with rapid ventricular response. In other words, the atrial fibrillation was also causing his heart rate to run a bit high (likely 100s to 130s). So he had an irregular and also fast rhythm
[ Edited by diablo on Nov 16, 2012 at 1:12 PM ]
I'm sure he's not the only coach with serious health problems. Most of these guys are overweight and haven't seen their feet in years.
He's back!!

LINK

Harb is back but I doubt his heart can take another lousy OT tie from CK.
Originally posted by ASisDAQB:
you would rather have a loss with AS ?
Originally posted by ASisDAQB:
First time poster and this is the best you can do? If you had looked at the whole picture, it didn't even need to have come down to an OT.

Here you want to blame CK, others David Akers ... when the REAL problem (in this case) was the special teams that allowed TWO fake punts and the inability of the Defensive coordinator to put two people on Danny Amendola after it became obvious that he was the go to guy.

The game should have been over in regulation time.
I say come sunday ! PRAY for J.H.coachs health and a 49ers WIN! come monday night . what do you guys think? let do it for jim