There are 90 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

this game is on jim

being to conservative at the end of the game and in overtime was our killers , if you notice the two drives we were moving than chains then we got to darn conservative lately if you notice akers has not been on the money especially at home remember the giants game , as a niner fan i will give him a pass because i understand this is his second year with the team , i just hope his college approach does not bite us in the playoffs
pleayoffs? pleayoffs? Seahawks are winning this division.
[ Edited by verb1der on Nov 12, 2012 at 4:18 PM ]
we aint winning diddly poo.
well he did take a HUGE chance with a 2nd year QB and go for the kill late in the game before settling for overtime. We had no timeouts and tried to still get TD.

we just messed up with those toss calls to Frank Gore...and a playaction call on 3rd and long, that had the defense in Kaep's face as soon as he turned around.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Nov 12, 2012 at 3:29 PM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:
well he did take a HUGE chance with a 2nd year QB and go for the kill late in the game before settling for overtime. We had no timeouts and tried to still get TD.

we just messed up with those toss calls to Frank Gore...and a playaction call on 3rd and long, that had the defense in Kaep's face as soon as he turned around.

At the 1:54 mark too on 3rd down we just needed like 4 or 5 yards for Akers too and Roman calls a sideline curl route by Crabtree (20+ pass for Kaep) into double coverage which was knocked down easily and lead to a punt instead of points. Lots of issues with Roman again BUT again, we played uninspired at home. And the Rams coaches had their guys ready to play, had good plays designed to get their best players involved, were confident, even used "wham" blocks against us and worked on some ST plays. Us? Same ol' vanilla game plan on defense and ST's. Can't fault Roman too much but he certainly wasn't helping esp. in critical situations.
[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 12, 2012 at 3:38 PM ]
We got out coached for sure. More a great job by Jeff fisher than a bad one by harbaugh. We started flat. Then Alex was on fire. Then colin had to warm up. I t was a tough night.
Originally posted by VA49er:
We got out coached for sure. More a great job by Jeff fisher than a bad one by harbaugh. We started flat. Then Alex was on fire. Then colin had to warm up. I t was a tough night.

agreed
So many to blame...
Harbs says the team was ready. I really wish he hadn't said that.
Refs get the clock right and we score to win the game.
Akers hits those kicks, we win.
If the team bothers to show up for the first half, we win.
HATE the bye week. Teams shouldn't rest mid-season. Look what happened to Green Bay last year resting for the playoffs. (Bwahahahahaha, Losers.)
Awful game. Will sting for awhile.
A little worried about Bears next week, glad we're home and we have 8 days to prep.
I still dont understand the punt with a minute left in overtime. Go for the win!

Did he also not the game would tie after 1 OT?
Originally posted by lazy:
we aint winning diddly poo.

I see what you did there...well played sir, well played indeed!
Originally posted by ninermedic:
I still dont understand the punt with a minute left in overtime. Go for the win!

Did he also not the game would tie after 1 OT?

If we roll the dice on fourth down and miss, the Rams have good enough field position to get a field goal and win.
Originally posted by 15crabtree:
being to conservative at the end of the game and in overtime was our killers , if you notice the two drives we were moving than chains then we got to darn conservative lately if you notice akers has not been on the money especially at home remember the giants game , as a niner fan i will give him a pass because i understand this is his second year with the team , i just hope his college approach does not bite us in the playoffs
I'll agree that this one was on the head coach. When the whole team comes out flat, that's on the coach.

However, I don't question the decisions over the course of the game. The David Akers miss was a shock to almost everyone. Even asking Jose Cortez to kick a 45 yard field goal is a reasonable kick.

But LOL at Harbaugh's 'college approach." Harbaugh's coaching style is a lot more old school pro football than most coaches in the league.
This tie was on our defense. It wasn't the scheme that was the issue but the fundamentles of tackling and pass coverage.
Smith, good point, in that we never miss tackles, and on the RB alone, 5 guys missed tackles on only 1 play. It wasn't the only one by far, unfortunately. Unprepared team, lousy gameplans, O and D, NOT NFL ready qB backup, lousy STs, bad game calls on both O and D.....jeez.