PLAYOFF SEEDING and the BYE..........

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Faraz80:
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Agreed. It's no sure thing Atlanta is going to win out. They are some lucky wins see Carolina. We have a great chance to win 3/3 against NO, Sea, and the PAts. None of these teams are unstopppable. The Pats are soft.

We look pretty soft right now IMO. If the defense dosent step up, then were screwed. I think our offense is always capable of putting up 21-35 points a game, but if our defense dosent remain consistant, and we give up 24 points in games the way we have this season, theres no way we will win in the playoffs, no matter what our record is.

The Giants looked pretty soft at this point in the season last year also...

The Giants have Eli, we have
A rising Alex Smith!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
The bye really affected the team alot. They looked like they hadn't played for a while. They should look alot sharper Monday night.
7-2-1 basically puts us two games up on SEA (6-4) for the division and one game up on GB/CHI (7-3 each) for NFC seeding since the tie essentially provides an automatic tie-breaker for any team with the same # of wins. Right now we are 2 games behind ATL for the best NFC record.
[ Edited by captveg on Nov 19, 2012 at 10:34 PM ]
Win out and get the #2 seed and a bye. Perhaps lose 1 more and still get the #2 seed and a bye. I'm not as confident about #1 seed. Atlanta just never loses. I was watching at the sports bar and they had 6 turnovers I think (Atlanta) and still won.... I was hoping to stack a few loses on them.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Nov 20, 2012 at 1:51 AM ]
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Win out and get the #2 seed and a bye. Perhaps lose 1 more and still get the #2 seed and a bye. I'm not as confident about #1 seed. Atlanta just never loses. I was watching at the sports bar and they had 6 turnovers I think (Atlanta) and still won.... I was hoping to stack a few loses on them.

Atlanta is for sure the most annoying team in the NFL. Reminds me of that Bears team a decade or so ago that won 13 or 14 games with smoke and mirrors and a witch doctor.

If the Packers win at NYG Sunday, they will probably finish no worse than 12-4.
Originally posted by vaden:
Atlanta is for sure the most annoying team in the NFL. Reminds me of that Bears team a decade or so ago that won 13 or 14 games with smoke and mirrors and a witch doctor.

If the Packers win at NYG Sunday, they will probably finish no worse than 12-4.

If it's any consolation, that Bears team got dumped in the playoffs in their first game. I can see the same thing happening to Atlanta, if either the Giants or Packers end up with that 4th seed.
Share 49ersWebzone