Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

PLAYOFF SEEDING and the BYE..........

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
We have the 3rd best record in the conference and 5th best record in the league. We pulled out a tie with our back up QB after being down double digits, and suddenly we aren't making the playoffs?

Crazy f**kers here on the zone.

Plus we actually gained ground on the #2 seed. All the top teams lost while we tied (f**king tie). If we win against the Bears we are the #2 seed with 6 games to go. Kind of where we were last year.

I read some posts yesterday where some would have rather had a loss.
they certainly deserved it in my opinion, that is from a niner fan and an objective sports fan
Originally posted by cciowa:
We have the 3rd best record in the conference and 5th best record in the league. We pulled out a tie with our back up QB after being down double digits, and suddenly we aren't making the playoffs?

Plus we actually gained ground on the #2 seed. All the top teams lost while we tied (f**king tie). If we win against the Bears we are the #2 seed with 6 games to go. Kind of where we were last year.

they certainly deserved it in my opinion, that is from a niner fan and an objective sports fan

deserved maybe, but I for one am glad we're not 6-3.
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Nov 12, 2012 at 11:21 AM ]
Absolutely agree! This stretch with the OT game against St. Louis (exhausting), possible concussion-QB, prime time game against Chicago, followed by only 5 days rest to play IN a hot New Orleans team and then go to a pissed off Rams house is a brutal stretch no doubt. And then back to back away games across county to play NE and then up to Seattle is also brutal. The Hawks have a cake-walk with really, only two tough games left @ Chicago and at home against us.

If we can get to 7-2-1 after Chicago while the idle SeaHawks are at 6-4 that will be big. But man, these next three games are brutal as are the last 2 of 3 and the final one is a division game and we all know AZ could love to play the spoiler.

But, one game at a time!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
[ Edited by mayo49 on Nov 12, 2012 at 11:27 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
12-3-1. I still hold out hope we'll be the #2 seed. Great thread by the way.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Nov 12, 2012 at 11:29 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

deserved maybe, but I for one am glad we're not 6-3.
i am to but after seeing that horses**t play from defense and special ed teams
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

that horses**t play yesterday make me mad enough to break your penis. I am sorry i feel that way,, your penis is just the messenger but i was pretty upset

I love the optimism, and I for one am planning on seeing a postseason run. But there's a difference between being an optimist and a realist. So far, 2 of the 3 beatdowns we've had were against mediocre competition. And yes, I consider Minnesota mediocre. The point I am/was trying to make is that there's no room for error, especially in a division that has for some odd reason become competitive.

At this point, a loss to all three (SEA, NO, and NE --- which is quite possible btw) puts us on the brink of winning the division. If we lose one more game...you know, a game that we SHOULD win but decide not to show up (Miami for example), now all of a sudden Seattle is sitting in the driver's seat. It has happened before, btw. Try the 1991 49ers that went 10-6, but missed out on the playoffs bc they tied with the Falcons and Saints. Go figure....
Don't worry, ATL finally played a solid team and showed their true colors. We may have a good chance to have the best record in the NFC.
Originally posted by mayo49:

that horses**t play yesterday make me mad enough to break your penis. I am sorry i feel that way,, your penis is just the messenger but i was pretty upset

Hope so, but that would mean we clean the table and lose only 1 more game. If I had to pick, Id say we lose to New Orleans and thats only bc its a dome team and we pretty much stink up the joint when it comes to dome games.

Then again, maybe Harbaugh lights a fire under everyone's ass and we run the table. Was going over the Ravens run in 2000, and they won the SB with a 12-4 record; however, they had a stretch in Oct/Nov when they lost 3 straight. I hope we pull it out.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Don't worry, ATL finally played a solid team and showed their true colors. We may have a good chance to have the best record in the NFC.

I agree. I think both Atlanta and Chicago have weaknesses that will eventually be exploited. The problem, though, is that they have MAJOR home field advantage. Wouldnt want to go to the dome in January OR wet/soggy/rainy/snowy/windy Chicago either. Best we keep things closer to home base...all the more reason we start piling these victories.
i am to but after seeing that horses**t play from defense and special ed teams

• Axl49
  • Veteran
Idk if you guys saw game but yeah like I said kap= us before jim harbaugh not a smart move at all. If Alex dont play monday we lose
our team is trending in the right direction IMO

2 wins then a bad loss

2 wins then a loss to a good/hot team

2 wins then a tie to a hot/ok team :-p