LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

Carlos Rogers really is less then average

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • rtj03
  • Veteran
He can't cover v Cruz n amendola owned him today. Had a decent yr last yr but he's back to his true self.
Brown>Culliver>Rogers. Rogers has been a liability all season, and its not just his coverage, its missed tackles as well.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Reactionary post is reactionary.
Eh like many corners. He cant cover the quick shifty receivers.but not very many corners can.
Then you throw in he is not a big play DB and the QB has little risk in challenging him.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
I'm not going to put all the blame on Carlos. Last year the DLine helped out alot in pressuring QB's to throw the ball quicker creating easy balls for Carlos to defend or grab. This year the pressure is just not there and QB's have more time to throw and allow players to finish routes. Our DB's are great if they only have to cover 2-3 seconds, after that they tend to lose coverage a bit and give up balls.
Less than average?....lol

He got beat on one play that didn't count....good grief.

He missed tackles today, so did everyone else.

I don't understand how Rogers gets singled out after this game.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Nov 11, 2012 at 6:11 PM ]
Speed receivers do that to most DBs
Ill also add he has been a liability his entire career except last season. Last season was a fluke.
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:

can you elaborate on why you think rogers should get a pass for getting burned by amendola? i am no football expert but he sucked.
  • rtj03
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:

No I have noticed it all yr but really reminded today. I'm not saying cut him but just that he is less then average. Even a liability.

• Nuns
  • Veteran
They put TB on Danny in the slot and he did much better.
  • rtj03
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Nuns:
They put TB on Danny in the slot and he did much better.

Exactly cuz Rogers is terrible
He sux. I hope Culliver takes his job next year.
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
He sux. I hope Culliver takes his job next year.

You mean the same Culliver that tripped over himself and allowed an easy TD throw to Quick?

Not bashing Culliver, I like him a lot, but it just shows how fickle we fans can be sometimes. Rogers wasn't great today, but neither were any of the other 10 starters.
hes reverting back 2 his old ways............To slow to cover those quick small slot guy receivers.........Need Cully on those guys Not Rogers
Share 49ersWebzone