LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 246 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS CHICAGO BEARS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 10)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
I have an eery feeling we see another overtime game this week.

back to back ties
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
I have an eery feeling we see another overtime game this week.

back to back ties
well lots of fans were ok with it last sunday
  • Disp
  • Veteran
The good news is we have a superior running game to the Bears. Gore/Hunter probably get 70%+ of the offensive plays, and Kaepernick will probably be 15-20 attempts.
Originally posted by Disp:
The good news is we have a superior running game to the Bears. Gore/Hunter probably get 70%+ of the offensive plays, and Kaepernick will probably be 15-20 attempts.

Gore looked really tired in OT against the rams and I was hoping to see more Hunter. I question this coaching staff sometimes when it comes to these kind of decisions.

idk

bears defense is good at creating turnovers and gore has propensity to fumble at times (as gotten better at it)
  • Eeks
  • Veteran

how is that different than when Smith starts?? 19 short passes and hella runs
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Kaepernick (with limited practice reps since it was assumed Smith would play) vs Bears defense. That should be fun.

I wanna say Kaepernick is black Tebow but that wouldn't be fair (and pretty stupid).
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Well at least the playing field is even now. All the "Kaep should start" fans are getting their wish. Let's see what he does with it
[ Edited by ApatheticIAm on Nov 19, 2012 at 10:16 AM ]
  • Silky
  • Veteran
I wonder if the pendulum has swung towards the Bears now because Campbell is an established veteran
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
I wonder if the pendulum has swung towards the Bears now because Campbell is an established veteran

i would say so.

• Eeks
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Well at least the playing field is even now. All the "Kaep should start" fans are getting their wish. Let's see what he does with it

bout to leave for the game, i will be back to eat crow if Kaep flops, but i think after this game people are gonna be saying "Wow, who saw that comming" and that would be me, i like Kaep's arm even more than i like his legs, just hope they run regular offense and not just pistol stuff today
  • Eeks
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FL9er:
Kaepernick (with limited practice reps since it was assumed Smith would play) vs Bears defense. That should be fun.

I wanna say Kaepernick is black Tebow but that wouldn't be fair (and pretty stupid).

no, cause the arm talent and leg speed is drastically better for Kaep, but i will say that Campbell is the black Alex Smith
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Eeks:

how is that different than when Smith starts?? 19 short passes and hella runs
it usually wins us games,, best not to get to fancy vs this defense tonight
Well s**t. With Smith practicing this last week, was he taking all the reps with the 1st team offense?

This is no bueno.
How much of practice is open to the media?
I've got to assume that when the media was around Alex was getting the snaps but when they weren't there, Kap was out there. Lie to the media all week about Alex starting, throw the Bears off their gameplan and have Kap ready to go tonight.
Right?
'Genius' move by the coaching staff.
Right?

If this isn't true at all and everything we've heard is correct....

**** just got real.

I'll still take our D + Gore for the win.
[ Edited by Genius1310 on Nov 19, 2012 at 10:26 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone