There are 111 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS CHICAGO BEARS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 10)

Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by 5NorCalSavage2:
Chris mortenson, alex smith will not play tonight,

Yup just announced on mike and mike

Was just about to post this to.

Are we in trouble??
Originally posted by brizznasty:
Dang i wonder how much the bears planned for CK this week...

On the other hand....Alex took most of the snaps this week. How much did the Niners prepare for the Chicago D with Kaep???
Not kidding, I am sitting here feeling sick now, haha.. how messed up is that.. that a game would have me feeling physically ill?
Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by 5NorCalSavage2:
Chris mortenson, alex smith will not play tonight,

Yup just announced on mike and mike

Was just about to post this to.

Are we in trouble??

I don't think so. This is Kap's chance to shine. It all depends on how prepared the Bears are for him. I'm sure the 9ers are gonna run plays they haven't seen before......

Go 9ers!!!
everyone needs to remember not to get to high or to low on Kaepernick during the game. He's going to make some plays that will have us wishing he takes over as starter then he will proceed to make some plays that will remind us how much alex smith means to the 49ers. Lets just hope he minimizes the turn overs and lets our running game and defense win the game for him.
Another bad move by Harbaugh. Kap should have been taking the majority of the snaps this week. Every other player that gets a concussion sits out a game. Why would Alex have been any different. If Kap is not ready to play tonight I put this fail on the coach.
Originally posted by 5NorCalSavage2:
everyone needs to remember not to get to high or to low on Kaepernick during the game. He's going to make some plays that will have us wishing he takes over as starter then he will proceed to make some plays that will remind us how much alex smith means to the 49ers. Lets just hope he minimizes the turn overs and lets our running game and defense win the game for him.

youre asking him to minimize the turnovers against the BEARS? Any other team, sure. The bears will take advantage of every opportunity given, and there will be plenty. If his game play last week was any indication of what we get out of him, we're screwed.
Originally posted by THEB:
youre asking him to minimize the turnovers against the BEARS? Any other team, sure. The bears will take advantage of every opportunity given, and there will be plenty. If his game play last week was any indication of what we get out of him, we're screwed.

Yeah I know it's asking a lot out of Kaep especially with very little preparation for this game and experience in general, but for a guy who has been campaining to get more playing time now is his time to show what he's learned in his 2 seasons in the NFL. I know the odds are stacked against him, but I have faith he can do enough to get us the W. Also don't forget the Bears are also starting a back up QB.
[ Edited by 5NorCalSavage2 on Nov 19, 2012 at 6:19 AM ]
I have a feeling he will only throw 15 passes or so as long as we don't get behind early. If we win this game, it will have to be because we rushed for 250 yds.
Just means Harbaugh and Co. is doing a good job of keeping all of us guessing up until game time. Must be a simple game plan this week.... RUN THE BALL ON THE BEARS. Smith or Kaep will only be needed on 3rd and long.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 19, 2012 at 6:18 AM ]
Originally posted by 5NorCalSavage2:
Yeah I know it's asking a lot out of Kaep especially with very little preparation for this game and experience in general, but for a guy who has been campaining to get more playing time now is his time to show what he's learned in his 2 season in the NFL. I know the odds are stacked against him, but I have faith he can do enough to get us the W. Also don't forget the Bears are all starting a back up QB.

Dont forget that their backup QB is actually a starting QB. did you forget that he was winning with the Raiders before he got hurt and Palmer took over? Campbell has plenty of starting experience in this league to be able to play up to par. not to mention the ability to read defenses, audible correctly, and everything else that you can only acquire through playing time in a starting role.

Campbell has all of that, and Kaep has none.
Originally posted by notsoempty86:
I have a feeling he will only throw 15 passes or so as long as we don't get behind early. If we win this game, it will have to be because we rushed for 250 yds.

See this is my problem with this team. Why draft Kap as early as we did. Why sign Moss, Manningham and draft a WR 1st round? Why do we continue to shy away from throwing the ball. Kap has a big arm and was drafted to take over. He should not have to hold back.
I'm a little worried now. The Bears D must be salivating.............

I was a little worried with Alex but now this.

The D better step up tonite
Originally posted by THEB:
Dont forget that their backup QB is actually a starting QB. did you forget that he was winning with the Raiders before he got hurt and Palmer took over? Campbell has plenty of starting experience in this league to be able to play up to par. not to mention the ability to read defenses, audible correctly, and everything else that you can only acquire through playing time in a starting role.

Campbell has all of that, and Kaep has none.

Agree
Originally posted by THEB:
Dont forget that their backup QB is actually a starting QB. did you forget that he was winning with the Raiders before he got hurt and Palmer took over? Campbell has plenty of starting experience in this league to be able to play up to par. not to mention the ability to read defenses, audible correctly, and everything else that you can only acquire through playing time in a starting role.

Campbell has all of that, and Kaep has none.

I never said Campbell was a scrub but let's not act like the guy is a stud. I didn't see teams rushing to sign him as their starter during the off season. A few of the 49ers are familiar with Campbell, Rogers was his teammate and you remember a few years ago when Campbell and the raiders gave the 49ers their first W of the season when the 49ers had got off to a 0-5 start.