LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 284 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS CHICAGO BEARS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 10)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
how sweet was this win ? Looked like Madden out there for a minute.
A part of me think the Bears was caught off guard by Jim starting Kaep in place of Smith. In addition to the really good performance and prep of Kaep. Play Kaep against the Saints.

Lets go!!!
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Well, one thing's for sure, imma have to hire out-of-state armed guards here in Chicago tomorrow because I'm gonna enjoy gloating while sporting my 9er gear all day - even at work - complete with full blown I-told-you-so's.

I was born in Chicago. Raised in the bay.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Flynn is around 7-8 mill

I would rather pay Alex than have what the Bears just showed

I totally get what you are saying and would be fine if we did that but another part of me says save that money and use it on Goldson and Bowman, etc. If we do go with Kap and expect to cut or trade Alex I draft a QB or sign one because not sure Tolzien would be ready.

But everything I am saying depends on if Alex keeps the job and how he does the rest of the season. If he takes us to the super bowl or deep into the playoffs I think about keeping him. If we are out in one game then I say we have to move on.

Again its not enough money. We release Alex it frees up about 8-9 million for 1 year. One year later we are resigning Keap to well over 10 million per....
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Steve Young and Trent Dilfer ripping Harbaugh a little for possibly starting a QB controversy
This game kind of defeats the argument of everyone who was against Kaep by claiming he is not a proven QB. You gotta play before you prove yourself right?
I used to think that if every team played their A game, the NY Giants were the best team in the NFL... now I know, for a fact, its the San Francisco 49ers.

If this defense and ST plays like it did tonight... we will win the Super Bowl. As far as our offense. It is efficent with Alex... With Kaep it has the ability to be scarey explosive, but also a chance for more mistakes.

This team has the best QB situation ever. 2 capable guys. In a situation like this I go to my motto for the season: "In Harbaugh I trust."

Go Niners! #QuestForSix
I'm a bit surprised harbaugh would have said that...

Alex has played brilliantly this year except for the giants game. big whoop...Eli has had worse games that than on 3 occasions this year...

I love what Kap did, and he is obviously our starter. But, you're gonna throw Alex out like that after a concussion? i don't know...I hope it doesn't stir up anything in the locker room.
Originally posted by LionHeartofGold:
This game kind of defeats the argument of everyone who was against Kaep by claiming he is not a proven QB. You gotta play before you prove yourself right?

People were saying dump Smith and start Kaep. Yeah, it was that ridiculous before his first start tonite And they were dumping on Smith saying he hasn't done sh*t to prove their point that Kaep should start. Even more ridiculous
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 19, 2012 at 9:47 PM ]

My money says Alex isn't "cleared" again next week and that's why Kaep starts again

Bill did the same thing with Joe and Steve when Joe was healthy
[ Edited by FourNine49 on Nov 19, 2012 at 9:47 PM ]
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
I'm a bit surprised harbaugh would have said that...

Alex has played brilliantly this year except for the giants game. big whoop...Eli has had worse games that than on 3 occasions this year...

I love what Kap did, and he is obviously our starter. But, you're gonna throw Alex out like that after a concussion? i don't know...I hope it doesn't stir up anything in the locker room.

what did he say? he says you usually go with the hotter hand, and both QB's have a hot hand
Originally posted by cashmahne:
I used to think that if every team played their A game, the NY Giants were the best team in the NFL... now I know, for a fact, its the San Francisco 49ers.

If this defense and ST plays like it did tonight... we will win the Super Bowl. As far as our offense. It is efficent with Alex... With Kaep it has the ability to be scarey explosive, but also a chance for more mistakes.

This team has the best QB situation ever. 2 capable guys. In a situation like this I go to my motto for the season: "In Harbaugh I trust."

Go Niners! #QuestForSix

^^
Originally posted by Nes49:
You can't, not after Colin's game. He's the hot hand.

How could it not be CK after today's game, unless you're looking at practice? CK,unless I am mistaken, does not do well in practice,

Which QB does NO focus on? I think it is to our advantage NOT to declare who will be starter against the Saints so early in the week.
[ Edited by RogerCraig on Nov 19, 2012 at 9:56 PM ]
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RogerCraig:
Originally posted by Nes49:
You can't, not after Colin's game. He's the hot hand.

How could t not be CK after today's game, unless you're looking at practice? CK,unless I am mistaken, does not do well in practice,

I guess Harbaugh said both QBs have the hot hand. Alex had beaten the Saints & now it's Colin's turn.
Share 49ersWebzone