There are 81 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS CHICAGO BEARS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 10)

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I think it's a mistake not to go back to Alex. You start Kaep when Alex is healthy and you officially have a qb controversy and all the problems that could come with that.

Personally I'm waiting to the end of the year. Just ride it as far as you can go with Alex.

Really doesn't matter when the line is protecting like it's doing. Good sh*t from the line tonite.

Both qb's have played well, Harbguah said we will go with the hot hand, and they both have a hot hand, he also will not show his cards and allow the Saints to know what we are doing.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
I wanna beat the damn saints so bad at their place

Word. Someone needs to bring them back down to earth...just like we did last year...
give it up for special teams too. They didn't give hester an inch. All around great game by this team. All aspects were on fire.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5,340
Y couldnt we just keep both? I would take 2 baller QBs over 1 "elite" QB. Look at the bears. They didn't have Cutler (not that I'm calling Jay Culter elite) & look at the results. Alex wasn't available & it was like our offense didn't skip a beat. We kept our balance.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 22,048
I haven't felt this good about our Qb situation in a long time. For the mean time start Kap and give Alex another week to heal up.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Really doesn't matter when the line is protecting like it's doing. Good sh*t from the line tonite.

Yep, OL did a really good job tonight. Also, Roman did a good job playcalling. When they stacked the box we threw it and then they started to go back off a bit so we started running it. Very few bad calls from Roman unlike last week where we seemed pretty blah.
that ball he dropped on Kyle Williams..................wow. In full stride, perfect ball placement.
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I think it's a mistake not to go back to Alex. You start Kaep when Alex is healthy and you officially have a qb controversy and all the problems that could come with that.

Personally I'm waiting to the end of the year. Just ride it as far as you can go with Alex.

Really doesn't matter when the line is protecting like it's doing. Good sh*t from the line tonite.

Both qb's have played well, Harbguah said we will go with the hot hand, and they both have a hot hand, he also will not show his cards and allow the Saints to know what we are doing.

Kaep had shown enough for me to go with either Smith or Kaep. It's a good situation to have. Even though the Zone is pitching one guy against the other. They are both very good. I'm so happy
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
give it up for special teams too. They didn't give hester an inch. All around great game by this team. All aspects were on fire.

Yep, all around the team showed up and played outstanding. Goes far beyong Kap's great play. OL, DL, ST, Secondary, VD got open, Crabtree, Bowman and Willis were ridiculous as were Aldon and Justin. Not the same team as last week. I think we had too many days off over those 3-4 weeks with the thursday game, then monday game then a bye and got too comfortable.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 19, 2012 at 9:08 PM ]
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5,340
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Next week at Saints will be much tougher. They will want revenge and they are a hot team. But I would say if Alex keeps the job the rest of the year he would probably have to go deep into the playoffs or super bowl to keep his job. It's going to be hard to pay him 9.75 (to me he is worth it) but we can use that money the next few years on extending Goldson, Bowman, Iupati, AD, Aldon, etc. Wonder if Alex would take a big cut to stay as backup if it happened like that? Might even be able to trade him in the offseason. I would love to have both but hard to justify paying a backup 9.75 mil.

yes and no.

Alex isn't cheap but he's not expensive. His salary would be enough to pay 1.5 starters but Keap will be up for a new contract in 2 years......

Gruden said we could keep both - money wouldn't be a thang.
Great game by the 49ers!
Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Next week at Saints will be much tougher. They will want revenge and they are a hot team. But I would say if Alex keeps the job the rest of the year he would probably have to go deep into the playoffs or super bowl to keep his job. It's going to be hard to pay him 9.75 (to me he is worth it) but we can use that money the next few years on extending Goldson, Bowman, Iupati, AD, Aldon, etc. Wonder if Alex would take a big cut to stay as backup if it happened like that? Might even be able to trade him in the offseason. I would love to have both but hard to justify paying a backup 9.75 mil.

yes and no.

Alex isn't cheap but he's not expensive. His salary would be enough to pay 1.5 starters but Keap will be up for a new contract in 2 years......

Gruden said we could keep both - money wouldn't be a thang.
for both next year its under 10 mill
Originally posted by Nes49:
Y couldnt we just keep both? I would take 2 baller QBs over 1 "elite" QB. Look at the bears. They didn't have Cutler (not that I'm calling Jay Culter elite) & look at the results. Alex wasn't available & it was like our offense didn't skip a beat. We kept our balance.

Of course we would love to have both next year but hard to justify giving Smith 9.75 mil if he would get beat out. We need that for Goldson, Bowman, Brown, Aldon, Iupati, AD, etc over the next few years. H
Originally posted by Nes49:
Gruden said we could keep both - money wouldn't be a thang.

Only if Gire.

Gruden doesnt even know our players name. believe nothing he says.
Originally posted by mayo49:
I haven't felt this good about our Qb situation in a long time. For the mean time start Kap and give Alex another week to heal up.

Yes! It seems to be an embarrassment of riches!


Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
give it up for special teams too. They didn't give hester an inch. All around great game by this team. All aspects were on fire.

Yep, all around the team showed up and played outstanding. Goes far beyong Kap's great play. OL, DL, ST, Secondary, VD got open, Crabtree, Bowman and Willis were ridiculous as were Aldon and Justin. Not the same team as last week. I think we had too many days off over those 3-4 weeks with the thursday game, then monday game then a bye and got too comfortable.

That was my biggest worry coming into the game...thought that Hester might have at least one TD. Boy it's nice to be wrong!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Nov 19, 2012 at 9:11 PM ]