There are 147 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Would it be crazy to trade Novarro Bowman?

Would it be crazy to trade Novarro Bowman?

Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by zomg_its_ryan:
Why not trade Vernon? The dude only shows up once in a while. He's been too busy out campaigning for Obama. Isn't he making a ridiculous amount of money too? Blocking tight ends aren't hard to find...

...and Justin Smith! He hasn't made any Wow plays so far this year! Must be slipping...Dobbs can do just as well. So much dead wood on this team, it makes one wonder how they won 6 of 8 games!

I find it more comical that when you typed that out you probably laughed to yourself. I, on the other hand, don't find it funny...

There you go...humor doesn't always translate. I was sure you were joking regarding VD.

I will say this...

I was definitely not joking.
Originally posted by Marsh:
Why not trade Vernon? The dude only shows up once in a while. He's been too busy out campaigning for Obama. Isn't he making a ridiculous amount of money too? Blocking tight ends aren't hard to find...

...and Justin Smith! He hasn't made any Wow plays so far this year! Must be slipping...Dobbs can do just as well. So much dead wood on this team, it makes one wonder how they won 6 of 8 games!

I find it more comical that when you typed that out you probably laughed to yourself. I, on the other hand, don't find it funny...

There you go...humor doesn't always translate. I was sure you were joking regarding VD.

he was not joking!

OK...then I have to say he is terribly misguided. Though I would like VD to be more a traditional TE, escape valve, at times...he does offer skills that few if any TEs in the league can match...plus he blocks better than any other TE in the NFL. Oh well, everyone to their own opinion!

Edit: Moss doesn't get into the endzone without VD's block.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Nov 10, 2012 at 3:34 PM ]
You know the wierd thing here is that Bowman may be playing better football than Willis, and in a lot of ways Bowman is actually a better athlete...he certainly is a much more fluid athlete than Willis.

I think we spent too much money on Brooks, which is causing us problems...not that I don't like Brooks but he is a solid 2 mill over what his salary cap hit should be.

On the good side, ICE is not having a great year at all and good be back for a huge discount. This would help our cap room a lot. The player that is really taking way too much cap room is Carlos Rogers. Whitner makes 2 million too much as well for what he does. He make like 3 million more than Adrian Wilson on the Cards...figure that one out.

I think we really try to find a way to keep Bowman, but it may not be possible with Aldon Smith's contract looming as well.
Originally posted by bigwads:
You know the wierd thing here is that Bowman may be playing better football than Willis, and in a lot of ways Bowman is actually a better athlete...he certainly is a much more fluid athlete than Willis.

I think we spent too much money on Brooks, which is causing us problems...not that I don't like Brooks but he is a solid 2 mill over what his salary cap hit should be.

On the good side, ICE is not having a great year at all and good be back for a huge discount. This would help our cap room a lot. The player that is really taking way too much cap room is Carlos Rogers. Whitner makes 2 million too much as well for what he does. He make like 3 million more than Adrian Wilson on the Cards...figure that one out.

I think we really try to find a way to keep Bowman, but it may not be possible with Aldon Smith's contract looming as well.

Oooooh. "You going to jail now!!!" (Think Youtube) Ncommand going to see to it.....

For the record, I think Brooks was worth the money. Dude can passrush and shutdown the run. I'm not sure what else you would want from a guy who is a big part of the leagues top defense? He's not an elite passrusher, but he does apply pressure, is young and locked up..
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Nov 10, 2012 at 6:50 PM ]
All u all are high on somethin' if you think Bowman will not be resigned. I would only support him being traded for a position we really need: a proven QB. Problem is, no one would do that anyway cause proven QBs are scarce. BOWMAN must be reinked.
Originally posted by mayo49:
What's with the love affair with Goldson. Man, he's a good player, but he's not all that.

Agreed. Goldson still misses tackles, which is a no no if you want to compare his worth to Bowman. Goldson is expendable because his market value is considerably much less. Just two years ago many of you wanted him canned. 6 interceptions last year isnt enough for me to buy Goldson stock.
I say cut Tarell Brown; Culliver has played well and looks to fit the bill.
Originally posted by LionHeartofGold:
I say cut Tarell Brown; Culliver has played well and looks to fit the bill.

Brown isnt much of a salary hit though. I think Brown has outplayed Rogers this year.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Marsh:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by okdkid:
The Niners will sign both Bowman and Goldson to long term contracts.

Book it.

Hope so!

Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:
Id rather trade Willis. He's old, slow, about to tie the knot and get fat off that young, tight, and delicious p***y. Besides, Bowman took away the title of "tackling machine" away from Willis last year. Willis can no longer chase WR's from behind and is always a step behind the elite TE's. only a matter of time before the likes of Anthony Dixon, or better yet Kendall Hunter are trucking Willis in practice on an everyday basis.

what a completely ridiculous statement, so much wrong don't even know where to start
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Goldson is more important. We already got Willis. So a 2nd ILB who is playing elite is greate but redundant. Lose Goldson and we are screwed. Lose Bowman and we have a 5% overall dropoff.

I completely disagree. Goldson is very good, yes, but Bowman will be a HOFer (barring catastrophic injury). No way can the brass let an impact player like Bowman get away.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
... Bo is one of the two best linebackers in football, guess who the other one is.

Yes. He is one one the best defensive players in the league.
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
You guys are F'n insane. Whoever said we should trade Bowman should be taken out back and shot. Seriously.

The ONLY reason any of our DB's have success is because of the pressure our front 7 creates. You do not trade an ALL-PRO MLB who has 10 more great seasons for a FS. Never. Never. Never.

The key to our defensive success is to keep our front 7 in-tact.

This draft is insanely deep at safety.

Good points. The front seven is the strength of the D.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
we could probably get a 1st and 3rd for him. I think those picks and the money we would save would outweigh having another elite ILB

Crazytown
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Wish we could give Goldson the money from Rogers and keep both and let go of Carlos. IMO

Or, we cut Rogers to pay bowman after the 2013 season.

Much more likely!