There are 70 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Should the 49ers sign T.O to a one day contract and allow him to retire a 49er?

Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Only if Jeff Garcia signs for one day too, and Owens has to get on his hands and knees, dressed like a clown, hold Jeff's hand and cry "That's my Quarterback!".

HahHahahahahahaha!!!!!! YES! If that happens then YES!!!
Is this a joke?
  • dwett
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
You are too much

Haha well I just like Terrell Owens. I know he is an attention whore, but has gotten a terrible rap over the years. We have players who have murdered people, gotten arrested countless times and are criminals in the NFL. Yet people view TO as the worst person in the world. I dont like that. I appreciate his talents on the field, and recognize that he is one of the best players to ever put on a 49er uniform. Thats all.
He is no doubt one of the most talented WRs the 49ers have ever had. The only issue I would have with him signing is that I feel that is for players that are going to be considered for our HOF and Ring of Honor. Personally I can't place him in that regard. Just feel that if you are to get those honors that 75% of your playing time should have been with us.

You can argue it is because he was destroying the team or in my opinion the 49ers, at the time, simply did not have a great foundation from the top that could not handle talented players with egos. Really would like to have seen how Mike Singletary or Harbaugh with Baalke would have handled this vs the blow up that was happening when Owens left.

Look at Davis. He was following the same path, but was reigned in and has now become a great asset to our team environment. TO could have been molded the same way but never had that strong presence to direct him. By the time Parcels got a hold of him, not only did Parcels want no part of it, but TO was set in his ways. Andy Reed has never been that type of coach so TO continued down his path.

Went off on a tangent there but still fell TO simply was not a part of our organization long enough to be a part of those honors.
[ Edited by dwett on Nov 8, 2012 at 4:35 PM ]
NO! WAY ! Moss so far yes T.O. no way Its sad if you ask me A true 49er nevers for gets F**K NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
as long as he dont play
  • dwett
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JD9671:
NO! WAY ! Moss so far yes T.O. no way Its sad if you ask me A true 49er nevers for gets F**K NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait are you saying you would have Moss be considered an all time niner great vs TO. I see you are upset that TO left but feel that is pushing it to far.
If he expressed a desire to do so I wouldn't mind . . . but I wouldn't reach out to offer it either.
f**k no
Originally posted by dwett:
Originally posted by JD9671:

Wait are you saying you would have Moss be considered an all time niner great vs TO. I see you are upset that TO left but feel that is pushing it to far.
Steve Young replaces JOE H.O.F Jerry got replaces bye ?
Sadly, TO has always been so selfish and egocentric that he may have to pay a team to let him retire under colors. Burned bridges where ever he worked. I say sad because I really don't believe he is as bad as his image and he was such a great player! Loved to watch him play.
Nah Ill pass
Let him retire as a Cowboy. He fits their legacy.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
It will never happen, but yes.
He is legendary around here, one of my favorites but... He may have to learn what disloyal and wreck-less behavior will cost you. Gosh man he balled out and didn't take care of his many different families. He can make the hall of fame but he shouldn't be allowed back here. Even Rice didn't slam Garcia when he was playing awful starting out, he played with the greats.