There are 114 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Should the 49ers sign T.O to a one day contract and allow him to retire a 49er?

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
eh. don't curr. He's no Jerry Rice.

He's better
NO!
Hell no! Let him retire a cowboy!
Originally posted by gunslinger8:
Hell no! Let him retire a cowboy!

Is there (and I probably should have asked this at the start of the thread) anything out there to indicate that TO WANTS to retire as a Niner?
Member Milestone: This is post number 400 for tankle104.
My ortho did TOs braces and he said TO was a Jerk and really unpleasant to have around. That he treated everyone like they where dirt and he burned our franchise when he left? He never helped us a win a championship... All he did was get good stats and run his mouth. F**k him and I don't even want his name mentioned with the 49ers
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Out of that entire list, not a whole lot had to do with the 49ers. And even the things that did, are certainly not as big of a deal as you or anyone makes them out to be. So he signed a football. He grabbed some pom poms. He ran to the star. Big deal.

I mean look at some of the things on that list. He "mocked Ray Lewis by doing his dance?" Come on. Players do this all the time. He was in a "controversial skit" before MNF? Did he write the skit?

The media is obsessed with TO. Everything is completely blown out of proportion, and thus has created this image of a bad person. Oh well. You guys hate him, thats fine. I choose to like him because, as a 49er, dude was amazing and no where near the distraction that most of you claim. It wasnt until after he left that he became a big distraction....and even then, not nearly as big as he is made out to be.

you obviously don't watch much football. The media didn't make him do any of the retarded stuff he did. No one told him to question Jeff Garcia's sexuality? No one told him to belittle Mcnabb?? No one told him to whine about Tony Romo favoring Whitten over him? He was a good player no matter where he went but his bad attitude outweighed all of his talent. Not to mention the dude is a deadbeat dad!!! How could you root for a dude that does not take care of his kids??
No.
No.
[ Edited by OregonNiner87 on Nov 8, 2012 at 1:23 PM ]
Does Terrell Owens have the numbers to widely be considered one of the all time greats? No argument can be made about this. That said...

...does Terrell Owens personify the legacy and honor that the Red and Gold have established since the inception of the San Francisco 49ers?

I'm torn about it personally because due to age, I only started really watching the 49ers since 1999 right around the first signs of greatness started kicking in for TO.

[ Edited by H41L5ATAN on Nov 8, 2012 at 1:26 PM ]
Originally posted by petethekiller:
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Out of that entire list, not a whole lot had to do with the 49ers. And even the things that did, are certainly not as big of a deal as you or anyone makes them out to be. So he signed a football. He grabbed some pom poms. He ran to the star. Big deal.

I mean look at some of the things on that list. He "mocked Ray Lewis by doing his dance?" Come on. Players do this all the time. He was in a "controversial skit" before MNF? Did he write the skit?

The media is obsessed with TO. Everything is completely blown out of proportion, and thus has created this image of a bad person. Oh well. You guys hate him, thats fine. I choose to like him because, as a 49er, dude was amazing and no where near the distraction that most of you claim. It wasnt until after he left that he became a big distraction....and even then, not nearly as big as he is made out to be.

you obviously don't watch much football. The media didn't make him do any of the retarded stuff he did. No one told him to question Jeff Garcia's sexuality? No one told him to belittle Mcnabb?? No one told him to whine about Tony Romo favoring Whitten over him? He was a good player no matter where he went but his bad attitude outweighed all of his talent. Not to mention the dude is a deadbeat dad!!! How could you root for a dude that does not take care of his kids??

To the things you say no one made him do what he did......

-No one told him to question Jeff Garcia's sexuality.....but they certainly were the ones who brought it up. TO didnt just come out and say it. An interviewer ASKED Owens if he thought Jeff was gay. He didnt have to be honest about his thoughts, but its not like he brought it up out of the blue.

-Belittle McNabb? You have a quote or proof of this happening? The only time a comment he made was determined to be about McNabb was because another teammate started saying the same thing a week later...only this teammate named names, while TO didnt.

-Whine about Romo favoring Witten? Again....can you provide a quote or a link that shows he said this? No you cant.

By the way, I found it particularly hilarious that you would make a statement questioning how much football I watch, and then proceed to list three actions that supposedly happened OFF of the football field.
[ Edited by 80sbaby24 on Nov 8, 2012 at 2:00 PM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
No.
A definite yes

He helped WAY MORE than he hurt.
not a chance
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by miked1978:
I'd let him retire as a Niner.

Sure he done some crappy things but boy did i enjoy the ride when he was a Niner. He was my favorite player when he was a Niner. I don't really blame him for leaving even though he did leave on crappy terms and a coward but he saw where this team was headed (the toilet) and left.

This! He was a beast in his prime and should always be remembered as a 49er!