There are 155 users in the forums

Should the 49ers sign T.O to a one day contract and allow him to retire a 49er?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
f**k no.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Did TO do something to you or your family? Geesh!

You may not like him, but guess what? There has only been one WR in 49er history that was better than TO....and he wore #80.

John Taylor/RC Owens > TO
Not sure any WR had more physical talent than TO but few had the head issues either. It's hard to rate him because he could muscle DBs and catch balls no one else would get to, but then sulk and ridicule the QB...the latter always taking away form the former. Sad career!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Not sure any WR had more physical talent than TO but few had the head issues either. It's hard to rate him because he could muscle DBs and catch balls no one else would get to, but then sulk and ridicule the QB...the latter always taking away form the former. Sad career!

His physical ability to play the game was second to none. He unfortunately, dropped a lot of balls, was a nutcase, and didn't put in the effort needed to be a champion...
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
His physical ability to play the game was second to none. He unfortunately, dropped a lot of balls, was a nutcase, and didn't put in the effort needed to be a champion...

Sad but true!
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Why is he not an all-time great 49er? Because you dont like him? He was a 4x Probowler as a Niner, as well as a 3x All-Pro. If ANY other 49er had this list of accomplishments, you would own his jersey. He absolutely is an all-time great 49er. If you think otherwise, it merely due to your personal hatred towards him.

And even though I have addressed this point many times, I still feel the need to repeat myself. You guys say TO did this, TO did that.....and that is either based on your lack of remembering what ACTUALLY happened, or you are just conditioned to think thats what happened because you dont like him.

Your two examples of why TO is a disgrace are both completely wrong.

1) TERRELL OWENS NEVER CALLED HIS QUARTERBACK A HOMO! What is so hard to understand about this? When TO responded to the question of whether or not he thought Garcia was gay or not, HE WAS A MEMBER OF THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES!!! But once again, you and other seem to see this event as the start of TO ripping this team apart....which is absolutely absurd.

2) Terrell Owens REQUESTED a trade. Show me one source that says he demanded a trade. Just one. He requested a trade, and we granted it to him. This happens ALL THE TIME in professional sports, yet when TO does it, its viewed as the worst thing in the world.

January 12, 2003 By Mike Triplett -- Bee Staff Writer SANTA CLARA -- It was one year ago tomorrow when Terrell Owens called his agent from the losing 49ers' locker room in Green Bay and told him to "get me the (expletive) out of (San Francisco)."

So him having a conversation with his agent is now being looked at as forcing an organization to trade him? Ok. I disagree.

"Get me the f*** out of San Francisco". Are you having trouble comprehending or interpreting those words?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
No!! He might think its a one year contract and try to practice.
No Chance

You may not like him, but guess what? There has only been one WR in 49er history that was better than TO....and he wore #80.

Absolutely laughable claims. (and John Taylor was one of my favorite 49ers of all time)

Absolutely laughable claims. (and John Taylor was one of my favorite 49ers of all time)

You're going by stats, which is fine but doesn't tell the whole story.

JT was known not to have a great work ethic, but had such great talent he was still able to produce at a high level despite it.

Could have easily been in the discussion for top 10 all time if he put in the work. Let's see if his dual 90+ yd TD in a game record gets broken by anyone in the NFL let alone a 49er.

The way they ran routes and caught balls in stride, it was often hard to distinguish them on the field without seeing their jersey #, sorta like Willis/Bowman today.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Nov 9, 2012 at 11:31 AM ]

Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

You're going by stats, which is fine but doesn't tell the whole story.

JT was known not to have a great work ethic, but had such great talent he was still able to produce at a high level despite it.

Could have easily been in the discussion for top 10 all time if he put in the work. Let's see if his dual 90+ yd TD in a game record gets broken by anyone in the NFL let alone a 49er.

The way they ran routes and caught balls in stride, it was often hard to distinguish them on the field without seeing their jersey #, sorta like Willis/Bowman today.

I'm going by the fact that TO was a top 5 (conservatively) WR during his time as a 49er. I'm going off the fact that he was a multiple time All-Pro. I'm going off the fact that he will be a Hall of Famer very soon.

So let me get this straight.....you say JT didnt have a great work ethic.....and that he COULD have been a top 10 all time WR if he did. Well thats fine and good. Terrell Owens IS a top 10 all time WR, yet in your opinion he isnt as good as a guy who you THINK could have been? Makes no sense sir.
[ Edited by 80sbaby24 on Nov 9, 2012 at 11:37 AM ]
hey T.O. thanks for causing all kinds of problems for us, wanna retire as a niner?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
HELL NO!!!! The last interview I watched on him he said things that indicated he still has no clue how his behaviors have impacted his career and others. He is completely narcissistic.
Share 49ersWebzone