There are 220 users in the forums

Should the 49ers sign T.O to a one day contract and allow him to retire a 49er?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Don't be ridiculous.....

• BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Irish40Niner:
I would let him retire as a 49er, just because of the celebration on the Dallas star. I hate the Cowboys with a passion, that was one of my favorite td celebrations ever.

I have to admit I liked that one myself.
HELL NO!!!!!! Not a chance.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Yes.

That is all.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sachie23:
He hurt the franchise. Hell no

No, actually the franchise hurt itself.

Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
His physical ability to play the game was second to none. He unfortunately, dropped a lot of balls, was a nutcase, and didn't put in the effort needed to be a champion...

lol the guy played in the superbowl with basically a broken ankle.. dude put in the effort and he was great for a long time.

He put up Hall of Fame numbers. 9 seasons with 1000+ yards, one season with 800 yards in just 7 games and another with 980 yards in 14 games. So he would've had 11 seasons with 1000+ yards lol TO was a beast..
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Nov 9, 2012 at 5:00 PM ]
f**k that n***a. He f**ked up with us and now doesn't deserve to be apart of this great organization.

First ballot hall of famer but what a garbage person
T.O. only looked out for T.O. and he never puts blame on himself. He got people fired because of him and he put people under the bus when it's not warranted.

He got what he deserved. Like the saying goes: "What goes around, comes around".
He will go to the HOF, but the way he burned bridges with this team (Mooch, Garcia, etc.), he doesnt deserve anything from us. I would like to remember him as a mild tempered stand up guy during the Young/Rice era, when he had no choice but to follow along with the top dogs of the time. Once he got the spotlight put on him, he became a cancer.

Good riddance and good luck in life.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
T.O. only looked out for T.O. and he never puts blame on himself. He got people fired because of him and he put people under the bus when it's not warranted.

He got what he deserved. Like the saying goes: "What goes around, comes around".
that is it, no more discussion needed cuz this sums up the owens career to perfection. he could have handled the stupid question posed to him by the media about garcia a million different ways but he has to pop off something retarded, why? did the same thing with mcnabb, questioned his guts. but you ever see owens man up for the many many drops he had? never. it was always the fault of others and sad to say many of his legion follow that thinking. he never should be allowed back into niner headquarters, even on a social call. we welcomed back julian peterson this year which was nice and peterson was a great niner and team mate, he left us for more money, so what? owens was and is a bum. the bad s**t that has happened to him deserves him right
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Marsh:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
f**k that n***a. He f**ked up with us and now doesn't deserve to be apart of this great organization.

First ballot hall of famer but what a garbage person

who the hell would speak for him at his induction, if it ever happens? sometimes people talk about the ones being inducted, what will he say, if it happens,,,, I think its a big If
Mariucci would probably agree to speak for him...hasn't met a mic he didn't find inviting...and he would be funny. That's my vote.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Out of that entire list, not a whole lot had to do with the 49ers. And even the things that did, are certainly not as big of a deal as you or anyone makes them out to be. So he signed a football. He grabbed some pom poms. He ran to the star. Big deal.

I mean look at some of the things on that list. He "mocked Ray Lewis by doing his dance?" Come on. Players do this all the time. He was in a "controversial skit" before MNF? Did he write the skit?

The media is obsessed with TO. Everything is completely blown out of proportion, and thus has created this image of a bad person. Oh well. You guys hate him, thats fine. I choose to like him because, as a 49er, dude was amazing and no where near the distraction that most of you claim. It wasnt until after he left that he became a big distraction....and even then, not nearly as big as he is made out to be.
Absolutely. I'd even want to see him play again for the Niners. Theres not one person here who wasn't thinking of T.O when Moss ran for that TD. Hes a HOFer. Loved all of the antics especially "The Sharpie".
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:
Absolutely. I'd even want to see him play again for the Niners. Theres not one person here who wasn't thinking of T.O when Moss ran for that TD. Hes a HOFer. Loved all of the antics especially "The Sharpie".

I wasn't. I was thinking about Randy Moss.
Share 49ersWebzone