LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 155 users in the forums

Speculation: Could Harbaugh be making Jacobs suffer in idle because of the leak?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think that he may be leary of the whole leak situation and may be holding him up by not letting him play (not that he's needed much). If there is truth to the leaking of plays to the giants or not Harbaugh may be irritated at the possibility. Honestly he could see some time in games if we do intend on having gore healthy in the latter parts of the season.
no
No. Jacobs likely will get more looks later in the season.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
okay, lets say it's true. Lets say Jacobs handed over a full blown copy of the playbook to Bradshaw. Do you really think Bradshaw could learn the entire playbook in that short of time to be able to memorize formations and call out plays? c'mon man.
I take the situation very much like the Anthony Dixon situation from a year ago with Hunter coming into the team. Hunter got playing time over Dixon. And Dixon started to complained and all together not happy with the situation. Harbaugh essentially said don't curr. You deal with it. Be a team player and make yourself ready when called on. Towards the end of last year Dixon was very suspect his performance. But he turned it around in the off season and preseason performance, enough to be kept in the active roster.

I think Jacobs is down the same road with Harbaugh. HarRo doesn't need Jacobs just yet -- though I've always believed Jacobs won't be used until after the bye considering the injury and the teams improved 3rd & short conversion lately without Jacobs so far. Once again it seems Harbaugh said don't curr, be a team player, get yourself ready in the meantime. And this is where I think we are at. Jacob regulated to a back up role because FO was prepared for a repeat of 2011 when Frank was having injury issues late in the last half of the season, and maybe the same in 2012. Lets hope for the best for Frank and the all the RB.

As to the possible leak... Jacobs would have to get the list of plays that the coaches would run against the Giants on certain downs and distance and game situation to be affective. I'm not sure if he gets to see that. It's the lamented sheet that Harbaugh holds during the game. I would think the players practiced the plays but only the coaches knows what plays they will grouped and called during certain situations. Color coded.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 7, 2012 at 6:12 AM ]
Him and LMJ need to get over their pity party and be ready when their number is called. I can understand Jacobs being more upset but LMJ hints at it all the time on twitter then tries to play it down like that's not what he was doing. He's a rookie in a very crowded and talented backfield, I'm sure he will get his chance and will hopefully contribute.
Am I missing something? A leak?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheChozen:

Him going to the media back in week 4 or so about not being happy and saying he had been healthy for 2 weeks or something. It was reported after Jacobs' interview went public that him and Harbaugh had a "heart to heart".
No, not at all.

JH is too team focused not to play a guy out of spite. If he would make the team better he'd be on the field.
Jacobs is a 260 pound b***h

Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by TheChozen:

Him going to the media back in week 4 or so about not being happy and saying he had been healthy for 2 weeks or something. It was reported after Jacobs' interview went public that him and Harbaugh had a "heart to heart".

Yes.

And the "leak" is in reference to Jacobs still being discontent, and the conspiracy theory that he gave plays/inside info to Ahmad Bradshaw.
No, if coach thought there was a leak, he would, cut or trade him instantly. I think this has more to do with assistant head coach Sealy, and special teams. He lost Blake Casanzo, and needs Dixon on special teams. If LMJ had shown from the start that he could return kicks offs, punts, and line up at slot receiver, I think both Ginn, and Williams would be gone from the game day roster, and one would more than likely be off the team.Having two non-starters eat up roster space just to return kicks is killing Jacobs chances with this team.

I don't think we will have Jacobs, Williams, James, and Ginn on the roster next season.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
No, if coach thought there was a leak, he would, cut or trade him instantly. I think this has more to do with assistant head coach Sealy, and special teams. He lost Blake Casanzo, and needs Dixon on special teams. If LMJ had shown from the start that he could return kicks offs, punts, and line up at slot receiver, I think both Ginn, and Williams would be gone from the game day roster, and one would more than likely be off the team.Having two non-starters eat up roster space just to return kicks is killing Jacobs chances with this team.

I don't think we will have Jacobs, Williams, James, and Ginn on the roster next season.

Do you mean ALL of them or ANY of them? I would be extremely surprised if Williams, James, and Ginn were all gone. I think Ginn is gone (too much money for a crappy WR who can't stay healthy, even one who returns kicks), and Williams competes w/James for the KR and PR duties.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

Do you mean ALL of them or ANY of them? I would be extremely surprised if Williams, James, and Ginn were all gone. I think Ginn is gone (too much money for a crappy WR who can't stay healthy, even one who returns kicks), and Williams competes w/James for the KR and PR duties.
My prediction

LMJ will be our KR/3rd Down RB
KW will be our PR

Ginn Jacobs Moss Dixon wont be on the team next year

RBs will be

Gore
Hunter
LMJ

WRs

Crabtree
Manningham
Jenkins
Williams
i suspect roman feels he has more options in the offense suiting up celek rather than jacobs...dixon gets a spot ahead of jacobs because he plays special teams..whose spot would jacopbs take?
Share 49ersWebzone