There are 66 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers/ Giants and Cowboys/Giants. Anybody see why our receivers couldn't get open?

Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by dcsham:
Right, every play, every angle.

Don't show your ignorance.

I don't see how what your saying has any relevance to the thread.
Semantics.

JH did say something about the corners of Seattle - they pull off the same thing, holding receivers. I'm definitely expecting a rematch of the NFCCG again and I hope we can stick it to them. Crabtree and Moss are going to be key.

The relavence is that nobody...no NFL rewind subscribers...nobody...in the general public has access to "game film". Maybe parts of it, maybe certain plays, but not every play and every angle that NFL coaches have. I guess he was just trying to make a point which may or may not be relevant.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Does it make you happy to mock other posters? If so, why?

Yes, I love to do it. I don't know why, but god damn I love it.
Yes, I love to do it. I don't know why, but god damn I love it.

Sort of like your napalm?
  • jdean
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
You reviewed "game films"?

why is that funny

Because nobody but the teams have "game films" for Christ sake, which are totally different from the TV views that you, I, and anyone else have access to.

What about game rewind, don't they have something called coaches film(?). It has the coverage of 20 plus cameras , i think.
Back onto the subject please
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
I reviewed both game films and one thing stood out like a sore thumb. The Giants may have a great passrush, but their DBs hold like glue...as in there shoulda been a lot more holding calls. I noted our WRs and TEs had a heckuva time getting open, but on many, many plays, there was outright holding. Guess what in the Cowboys/Giants game? Same thing. I didn't read about Coach H complaining to the league, but I hope he gives a heads up to the refs the next time we see the Giants....and we will. They have the art of bumping and holding down to a tee. Or they just outright held without a bump. Until I reviewed the Cowboy/NYG game, I hadn't noticed it. But those guys are serious holders. Haven't watched tape of other Giants games, but I think they are pushing the "hold" to the point of cheating. Cowboys WRs had a similar problem for same reason.

In fairness, that isn't why we lost. We lost on bad game planning, bad coaching, both O and D. I don't think Harbaugh, Roman or Fangio gave our guys a chance to win against NY, and that is on them. But the holds were blatant.

I agree with what you are saying. The NFL must have given the refs the okay not to call the tight coverage without changing the rules.
1. Some of us played/coached football, and it's hard to just "turn off" that football mentality. Not every 49er fan is a drunken buffoon, with a football IQ of 2.

2. What someone does with their time is nobodies business. Everybody's situation is different. I could easily point out several things in your life that I would find absolutely boring, and vice versa.

On the main topic: This is why we should run the ball on these guys, or call run-like plays (screens, quick passes, reversers etc.). The first two series of the game showed that we can. Make their DBs irrelevant, and chew the heck out of the clock. Next time we play it will be a completely different story. No more Kap, no more cute plays, and no more stupid game plans. 13-9, and we go to the SB.

Tard

Why are you such a hater, bro?! Even in the Giants thread, you act like a dick.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Why are you such a hater, bro?! Even in the Giants thread, you act like a dick.

Because he has a small p... nm not gonna stoop that low. People with sad lives gotta find a way to make themselves feel good some how.

Back to the subject, the giants game had the worst game plan in the Harbaugh era. Once we cut the Kapper crap and get back to the basics we'll win if we see them in the playoffs for sure. Believe next time Harbaugh is gonna smash it down their throat and play action to a few tds.
Pasodoc knows football. I don't know and I don't care how he watches it.

I have just handed out 25% for inflammatory posting, and will be happy to hand out more.

Go off subject onto this ridiculous argument of how he watches football or what he means by a phrase and even if you aren't flaming, it will be a suspension.

And that is pretty much it. If you don't want to discuss the subject, don't post in the thread.
It's a very valid point and one I've been harping on since last year for a couple reasons:
  • Teams that utilize their secondary by playing tight up at the LOS, play physical, aggressive tend to dominate us esp. when they can use two defenders to take away VD. Crabtree, Williams, Walker do next to nothing to get off jams esp. Crabtree as evidenced twice now (and then they just seem to give up or play 1/2 speed). Manningham gives us the only real option (you can see that he comes from the Giants school of WR training - very quick off the LOS; uses hands to slap defenders away, beat them with his first step and adjusts to the ball in the air (but can't always finish). I think we could use Moss and his quickness, smooth routes and height more but he's going to take a beating and Roman likes to use him primarily over the top anyhow to clear things underneath.
  • I've been wondering why Fangio doesn't utilize our secondary this same way when it's become clear the refs are allowing this and teams have much success with it (not to mention it plays to our personnel strengths as well and would allow Goldson/Whitner to play closer to the LOS).
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
1. Some of us played/coached football, and it's hard to just "turn off" that football mentality. Not every 49er fan is a drunken buffoon, with a football IQ of 2.

2. What someone does with their time is nobodies business. Everybody's situation is different. I could easily point out several things in your life that I would find absolutely boring, and vice versa.

On the main topic: This is why we should run the ball on these guys, or call run-like plays (screens, quick passes, reversers etc.). The first two series of the game showed that we can. Make their DBs irrelevant, and chew the heck out of the clock. Next time we play it will be a completely different story. No more Kap, no more cute plays, and no more stupid game plans. 13-9, and we go to the SB.

Holding is the key. We do a lot of WR screens and and mostly operate with power zone blocking on run plays. In my opinion holding is the best way to slow down the timing of both routes and the motion blocking schemes. Getting away with it is only something the Superbowl champs would be able to pull off. So they are doing the right thing because if not they would get blocked, bullied and earholed.
[ Edited by Mercuryspeed on Nov 3, 2012 at 8:35 AM ]
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Does it make you happy to mock other posters? If so, why?

*edited after reading English's post. I will respect his authority!
[ Edited by NTeply49 on Nov 3, 2012 at 10:28 AM ]
I noticed it mostly in the Seahawks game and I think I have a mental block on all recent Giants games