LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 210 users in the forums

49ers/ Giants and Cowboys/Giants. Anybody see why our receivers couldn't get open?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I reviewed both game films and one thing stood out like a sore thumb. The Giants may have a great passrush, but their DBs hold like glue...as in there shoulda been a lot more holding calls. I noted our WRs and TEs had a heckuva time getting open, but on many, many plays, there was outright holding. Guess what in the Cowboys/Giants game? Same thing. I didn't read about Coach H complaining to the league, but I hope he gives a heads up to the refs the next time we see the Giants....and we will. They have the art of bumping and holding down to a tee. Or they just outright held without a bump. Until I reviewed the Cowboy/NYG game, I hadn't noticed it. But those guys are serious holders. Haven't watched tape of other Giants games, but I think they are pushing the "hold" to the point of cheating. Cowboys WRs had a similar problem for same reason.

In fairness, that isn't why we lost. We lost on bad game planning, bad coaching, both O and D. I don't think Harbaugh, Roman or Fangio gave our guys a chance to win against NY, and that is on them. But the holds were blatant.
You reviewed "game films"?

It seems the refs are overlooking holding because it has become such a passing league...trying to equalize things. As for game film...you young guys can smirk but I miss my films...digital is better my rear end!
Originally posted by dcsham:

why is that funny
  • tn9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

why is that funny

"I have to watch the film"
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

why is that funny

Because nobody but the teams have "game films" for Christ sake, which are totally different from the TV views that you, I, and anyone else have access to.
It wouldn't surprise me that the Giants defenders hold all the time. Hopefully the coaching staff gives a heads up to the refs next time we see them.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Because nobody but the teams have "game films" for Christ sake, which are totally different from the TV views that you, I, and anyone else have access to.

You do know that NFL Rewind is releasing coaches tape of the games right? Maybe you should do some research before you try to degrade someone.
Originally posted by THEB:

You do know that NFL Rewind is releasing coaches tape of the games right? Maybe you should do some research before you try to degrade someone.

Right, every play, every angle.

Don't show your ignorance.
Originally posted by THEB:

That's what I was gonna say.

You get the "all 22" game film if you are subscribed to NFL game rewind.

Waaaaayyyyy tooooooo much time on your hands......
  • Garce
  • Veteran

I don't see how what your saying has any relevance to the thread.
Semantics.

JH did say something about the corners of Seattle - they pull off the same thing, holding receivers. I'm definitely expecting a rematch of the NFCCG again and I hope we can stick it to them. Crabtree and Moss are going to be key.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

That should be "PHilm".

Get it right people

Does it make you happy to mock other posters? If so, why?
Share 49ersWebzone