There are 199 users in the forums

disturbing play in the cardinals game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
WCO at its finest, i'll say it again.
Short throws, with YAC.

And its been shown over and over that we can do this and gain yards.
How many times during the Detroit and Seahawks game did we see Alex throw short passes to Crabs or KW and they will get the first down with YAC.
This is West Coast Offense.
Not that deep throw Tom Brady s**t.

We're winning with WCO, dont change anything

if it aint broke dont fix it
I got yer check down right here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt6VnBjmAJ0&playnext=1&list=PL6DDA4B2448214F44&feature=results_video
Originally posted by JoeisGod:
I got yer check down right here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt6VnBjmAJ0&playnext=1&list=PL6DDA4B2448214F44&feature=results_video

that plays sucks because it was longer than 5 yards and it took not time off the clock ...truly sad coaching
Originally posted by 49erfaithful49:
What I am suggesting is that our play calling is very conservative

haters gonna hate i know...

anyway just enjoy the free condensed version of the game if you dont like my complaint!

also, we all want the same thing a ring... so stop ruining our karma by berating me (a 49er fan!)

THIS is an understatement to say the least.
trade all the WRs and TEs for tebow
Absolutely ridiculous post.
Originally posted by NCommand:

anyway just enjoy the free condensed version of the game if you dont like my complaint!

also, we all want the same thing a ring... so stop ruining our karma by berating me (a 49er fan!)

I'm pretty sure the run first WCO is considered anything but conservative to the opposing defenses. The formations they are running alone throws the whole "conservative" BS out the window. Raye was a conservative type OC but Roman is not. The second Crabs TD is a perfect example of this, the defense literally had no idea what to do. While the style of play they are implementing certainly reduces risks in the passing attack they have a good reason, #1 defense. Know who doesn't "limit the risks" guys like Vick and Romo and they suck because of it. The niners right now are implementing ground breaking running attack formations that nobody else does and they get called conservative
[ Edited by walker807 on Nov 2, 2012 at 10:55 AM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Looks like it might've been a designed pic of peterson but either crabs cut back too soon or williams was too deep.

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

this
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Looks like it might've been a designed pic of peterson but either crabs cut back too soon or williams was too deep.

Look at the attention Davis draws...Alex is realizing that is opening every other part of the field. Its gonna get a lot better on that side...quick.

Not that it matters because this kind of talk is stupid anyways but it does appear that Manningham is in fact running a route into the endzone off camera.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

this

This.
Originally posted by walker807:

I'm pretty sure the run first WCO is considered anything but conservative to the opposing defenses. The formations they are running alone throws the whole "conservative" BS out the window. Raye was a conservative type OC but Roman is not. The second Crabs TD is a perfect example of this, the defense literally had no idea what to do. While the style of play they are implementing certainly reduces risks in the passing attack they have a good reason, #1 defense. Know who doesn't "limit the risks" guys like Vick and Romo and they suck because of it. The niners right now are implementing ground breaking running attack formations that nobody else does and they get called conservative

Totally...re: the running game, like Gore said, Roman is a "genius." Literally.

Passing game? I think this is where he fails (right now). Keep in mind we're only 1.5 years in (of 3) and he just started watching Bill Walsh "tapes." At this point, in the passing game, we're more of an Anti-WCO right now. We'll have to watch closely to see how this part of the offense evolves over time; we certainly have a lot of weapons now.

We can talk more here is you'd like: http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/168153-official-greg-mad-scientist-roman-express/page10/#post143
In regards to the use of the word disturbing....

Zombie Clowns are disturbing, an appendage growing from ones forehead is disturbing....the average I.Q. of the current american teenager, thats very disturbing.

Throwing a short pass and asking a reciever to make a play...is not sir.

To put this to you visually....
Totally...re: the running game, like Gore said, Roman is a "genius." Literally.

Passing game? I think this is where he fails (right now). Keep in mind we're only 1.5 years in (of 3) and he just started watching Bill Walsh "tapes." At this point, in the passing game, we're more of an Anti-WCO right now. We'll have to watch closely to see how this part of the offense evolves over time; we certainly have a lot of weapons now.

We can talk more here is you'd like: http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/168153-official-greg-mad-scientist-roman-express/page10/#post143

Great point. Montana said it would take almost a season for the passing offense to click between the QB and receivers. There are two WRs it's really clicking for right now and that is Crab and Davis. What do they have that the other guys don't? Playing time in this offense. Manningham and Moss are going to get better and better hopefully throughout the season. I have a feeling this team is going to be steamrolling into the playoffs offensively.
Share 49ersWebzone