LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

disturbing play in the cardinals game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hahaha wat the H is this thread about?....a touchdown???
Originally posted by 80849er4life:

I have no idea, I just keep checking back, hoping to see some pics of hot chicks...I think this is a free thread!
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Looks like it might've been a designed pic of peterson but either crabs cut back too soon or williams was too deep.

According to harbaugh's press conference it was an option route by crabtree and they weren't designed to be that close. It's been a few days since I watched it so you'd have to go back and listen to see what he said exactly if interested.
Originally posted by 49erfaithful49:
spoiler, it ends in a touchdown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=iKCt9omDteg#t=640s (it should be at the 10:40 mark already)

look at the receivers and tell me if you notice anything.

A TD was scored, thats what we want to come away with when in the red zone.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:

I have no idea, I just keep checking back, hoping to see some pics of hot chicks...I think this is a free thread!

I wanna see WEDB pics......thats why I come back to this thread.....keep getting dissapointed
I'm sure it was disturbing for PP and the Cards D.
Originally posted by 49erfaithful49:
just because you won, doesn't mean you played well

Huh? A win is a win is a win.
Originally posted by reasonable1:
For those that need some help...here you go...

Red zone plays like this are designed exactly for the result that happened.

- Davis is on the opposite side of the bunch (left side on the LOS)...his route draws the outside safety, the OLB AND the ILB drift to his side after the snap...

- Then Manningham runs a pattern toward the endzone to draw his man AND the weakside safety back just in case its an inbreaking EZ route...

- Williams runs a short stick pattern to take his man toward the numbers...

- All while Crabtree is left one on one with Peterson and NO ONE in the middle of the field because they're all drawn by the threats on each outside route...

- Smith finds Crabs...he makes one move...and there is no one within 3-5 yards able to tackle him because their attention had been drawn elsewhere.

Was that a bit too complicated for you guys b***hing about a TD?? Or does it even matter because they didn't flood the endzone with receivers???

Unbelievable...

As to the OP, it's a valid point as well. I have noticed that when we are in the RZ and esp. 1st and goal from <10 yards in, we almost always run, run again and then take a desperation throw in predictable passes down making it even less likely we connect. The play calling is extremely vanilla and conservative even with all the short-to-medium weapons we have. Roman is very successful on 1st down production so I don't know why we don't employ similar play designs to get the ball in the EZ. The RZ was a big problem for us last year and it remains one this year. We have NO issues moving the ball between the 20's but this barrier seems to show Roman's conservative nature and lack of creativity to put up (design) 6's. It's almost like we'll run two straight plays to run more time off the clock off and (aside from the Alex/Crabtree designed play = TD), we'll take a FG every time. Routes often times seem very short of the EZ as well. Receivers need to be quicker and stronger off the LOS and Alex needs to brush off Roman and hit that 2nd or 3rd option when a route does make it to the EZ and the play is there. Valid concern...again.
[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 3, 2012 at 8:41 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone