LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

Jacobs Tweet

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by Oregon49erfan:
What other endeavor that Jacobs is involved with would he have a boss? Of course he was talking about football. Now he is backpeddaling. First by saying football isn't his only business...(I guarantee it is the only one where he has a boss)... Than he starts saying he was talking about his brother.... Yeah right. If you post something like that but are talking about someone else, you are darn sure to qualify your statement as such.

Think logically and then come back and say you don't think his comments are about his role on this team.....

Actually I am thinking logically, i don't sit and think football 24/7, no one on the planet is stupid enough to sign there own death certificate in pro sports, and a tweet like that had he actually been talking about the position he is in would be just that, the death of his career. But these althetes have real lives too, and families and other things going on in there lives other then there football careers. But it seems fans have no lives and would rather spend all there time poking and prodding at the players own personal comments looking for something negative to get out of it, its no wonder so many pro athletes find ways to make there accounts private to the public or just don't open an account at all.

while i agree with most of this........... i've never thought of Brandon Jacobs as a "pro" in the sense you use above.
[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on Nov 15, 2012 at 7:32 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
while i agree with most of this........... i've never thought of Brandon Jacobs as a "pro" in the sense you use above.

Well regardless how he is assessed as a player he plays for the NFL not a minor football league so by technicality he is a professional athlete. Not my favorite by a long shot but still he's a pro athlete and also a human. Not like Frank or Vernon, or Pat who seem to be a little bit beyond human but thats another story.

Well regardless how he is assessed as a player he plays for the NFL not a minor football league so by technicality he is a professional athlete. Not my favorite by a long shot but still he's a pro athlete and also a human. Not like Frank or Vernon, or Pat who seem to be a little bit beyond human but thats another story.

yes he is human. and some human's are douchebags. just saying.
yes he is human. and some human's are douchebags. just saying.

not saying he isnt a douchebag just not suicidal.
What other endeavor that Jacobs is involved with would he have a boss? Of course he was talking about football. Now he is backpeddaling. First by saying football isn't his only business...(I guarantee it is the only one where he has a boss)... Than he starts saying he was talking about his brother.... Yeah right. If you post something like that but are talking about someone else, you are darn sure to qualify your statement as such.

Think logically and then come back and say you don't think his comments are about his role on this team.....

Actually I am thinking logically, i don't sit and think football 24/7, no one on the planet is stupid enough to sign there own death certificate in pro sports, and a tweet like that had he actually been talking about the position he is in would be just that, the death of his career. But these althetes have real lives too, and families and other things going on in there lives other then there football careers. But it seems fans have no lives and would rather spend all there time poking and prodding at the players own personal comments looking for something negative to get out of it, its no wonder so many pro athletes find ways to make there accounts private to the public or just don't open an account at all.
Terrell Owens??? Ryan Leaf?? Plenty of people are stupid enough to ruin a good situation....It happens all the time!

And Jacobs was talking about a boss....What other bosses do you think Jacobs has? Have you even read the tweets in question?
[ Edited by Oregon49erfan on Nov 15, 2012 at 7:59 PM ]
yes i have read them, and I do believe he was talking about a family members boss, hell I talk about my wifes and sisters bosses on fb and twitter all the time, and my boss is a friend on both accounts and I usually speak in general not pointing out names or saying that its a specific persons boss. My boss doesnt question me and co workers dont feel im talking negative about my boss when they dont know because they dont "ASSUME THEY KNOW WHO IM TALKING ABOUT"...... Thats all. Keep assuming all you want Im not telling anyone how to feel about this guy i just think its another over reaction by the 49er fanbase, similar to everything thats happened to Aldon in the last year.
yes i have read them, and I do believe he was talking about a family members boss, hell I talk about my wifes and sisters bosses on fb and twitter all the time, and my boss is a friend on both accounts and I usually speak in general not pointing out names or saying that its a specific persons boss. My boss doesnt question me and co workers dont feel im talking negative about my boss when they dont know because they dont "ASSUME THEY KNOW WHO IM TALKING ABOUT"...... Thats all. Keep assuming all you want Im not telling anyone how to feel about this guy i just think its another over reaction by the 49er fanbase, similar to everything thats happened to Aldon in the last year.

maybe if this were the first incident from Jacobs I could see your point, but it is not. It is the 3rd questionable tirade he has gone on this season and he is known for this behavior in the past. He does not get the benefit of the doubt on this one. He should be smart enough to shut his mouth in public, which includes social media.

And I don't know what company you work for, but in my company this would be a red flag and the employee would get a stern talking to. Even if it's not about your employer, it may be seen that way by third parties, which can sully a companies reputation. It just isn't smart at all to post stuff like that on social media, regardless if you are talking about yourself or someone else.

Jacobs appears to be a malcontent and I think he needs to go. One incident....fine.... But paint a pattern of behavior like he has and it becomes a problem.
maybe if this were the first incident from Jacobs I could see your point, but it is not. It is the 3rd questionable tirade he has gone on this season and he is known for this behavior in the past. He does not get the benefit of the doubt on this one. He should be smart enough to shut his mouth in public, which includes social media.

And I don't know what company you work for, but in my company this would be a red flag and the employee would get a stern talking to. Even if it's not about your employer, it may be seen that way by third parties, which can sully a companies reputation. It just isn't smart at all to post stuff like that on social media, regardless if you are talking about yourself or someone else.

Jacobs appears to be a malcontent and I think he needs to go. One incident....fine.... But paint a pattern of behavior like he has and it becomes a problem.

I work for a company that respects the first amendment and believes what you do or say in your own private life is none of there business.......
I work for a company that respects the first amendment and believes what you do or say in your own private life is none of there business.......

It is if it affects their business in a negative way.....
Jacobs has always been a loudmouth. Even so, I'm surprised at his behavior. When he agreed to sign here, I assumed he knew he would be the #3 RB at best. Probably nothing more than a situational short-yardadge back. He's a 30 year old RB on a 1-year deal worth close to the vet-minimum. He was never going to steal carries from Gore or Hunter. I just don't understand what his expectations were.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Nov 15, 2012 at 8:25 PM ]

It is if it affects their business in a negative way.....

meh some people believe in the constitution, some people believe in the almighty dollar......

Anyways until the team or Harbaugh starts expressing frustration with Jacobs IMO he can tweet away.
meh some people believe in the constitution, some people believe in the almighty dollar......

Anyways until the team or Harbaugh starts expressing frustration with Jacobs IMO he can tweet away.

OK then.. Go slander your company in public and make sure the bosses see it, and see if you remain employed... Companies have rights as well, like the right to hire and fire whoever they want for pretty much whatever reason they want.

I guarantee you that Jacobs will not be on the roster next year...mark my words....
OK then.. Go slander your company in public and make sure the bosses see it, and see if you remain employed... Companies have rights as well, like the right to hire and fire whoever they want for pretty much whatever reason they want.

I guarantee you that Jacobs will not be on the roster next year...mark my words....

To the bolded and this is the last time ill comment about employment being its been taken out of context, that all depends on the state and whether its a right to work state.

To the unbolded, Im right there with you being he is only on a one year contract and more then likely next year Harbaugh will feel Gore, Hunter, LMJ and Dixon are more then enough RB's for this team. Personally I wish we would have kept Cartwright over Jacobs, he didnt do to bad with the ball in the pre season.
To the bolded and this is the last time ill comment about employment being its been taken out of context, that all depends on the state and whether its a right to work state.

To the unbolded, Im right there with you being he is only on a one year contract and more then likely next year Harbaugh will feel Gore, Hunter, LMJ and Dixon are more then enough RB's for this team. Personally I wish we would have kept Cartwright over Jacobs, he didnt do to bad with the ball in the pre season.

Wrong. Regardless of the state, if you do something that negatively impacts the company they can fire you 'for cause'. Whether it is a right to work state or not only determines if they can fire you 'without cause'. Slandering your company in public would certainly qualify as a 'for cause' termination ANYWHERE.

I actually had high hopes for Jacobs, but now he is just an open sore on an otherwise great team.
Id trade this oaf for Constanzo.
Share 49ersWebzone