LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

Jacob playing time.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 99problems:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
What I do in madden.....lol....is I have Jacobs as a FB and check it down sometimes to either he or Gore.

WorksGoodman

he drops way too many passes and gets called for holding.
Bruce does a great job and doesnt get holding calls nearly as often.

but i use him as FB on short yardage plays sometimes

I don't throw bullets at him . Just checkdowns in case none of the niner wrs get seperation, which is like 85% of the time.
Jacobs is perfect for short yardage at fullback, works in Madden so it must work in real life? Right?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 49erfaithful49:
there is already a thread for this...

Jacobs is obviously just insurance!

i hate to rust players on the bench...usually leads to mistakes at the wrong time

You're right. You're finally realizing that Kaepernick is not ready and could easily make some terrible mistakes coming of the bench.
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:

i hate to rust players on the bench...usually leads to mistakes at the wrong time

You're right. You're finally realizing that Kaepernick is not ready and could easily make some terrible mistakes coming of the bench.
yes i see that..but Kaep at least has some snaps...probably just in case...

Jacobs if he ever plays would probably run tall and get hurt since he has no contact playing time
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:

yes i see that..but Kaep at least has some snaps...probably just in case...

Jacobs if he ever plays would probably run tall and get hurt since he has no contact playing time

agree

I want Kap to get reps in garbage time just so he's not gunshy.....Jacobs I have no idea how he will fair, when was the last time he ran the ball, Aug?
[ Edited by jreff22 on Nov 1, 2012 at 12:13 PM ]
i thought we would bring him in on short yardage...there was a 4th and 1 in the cards game and we didnt bring him out. i thought that was guna be his debut.
I believe Jacobs was inactive against the Cards. That's why he didn't come out on those plays.

Major shame.
yeah not sure why they dont brng him in on 3rd and short. Maybe they dont think he is ready yet?
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Someone on a Giants board wonders if there's a personal issue between Harbaugh & Jacobs......something along the lines of Jacobs not being ashamed of winning the NFC Champ game, defending the Bradshaw fumble, etc.

Can it be that? I'd hate for it to be that......but you never know with our coach.

I want him to play. How exciting was it to see those pre-season carries all go for good yardage?

Harbaugh probably brought him here on purpose to not give him any playing time as a "screw you" kinda thing
trade him for tebow

Share 49ersWebzone