There are 147 users in the forums

What to do with Colin Kaepernick???

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What to do with Colin Kaepernick???

Originally posted by goldstandard333:
Originally posted by Irish40Niner:
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

In the meantime, CK learning and improving as well. He should be ready to go in case of injury, and then challenge for the starting spot next season.

Agreed. Although some don't believe he has the capacity to learn and improve as well. He's just a dumb kid with a rocket arm and speed(aka plaground qb), that's why harbaugh and baalke traded up to draft him(Al Davis moment).

Am I imagining things, I thought I read somewhere the 49ers war room burst out in cheers when the Bengals drafted Dalton instead of Kaepernick. Yet I've seen multiple posters say that they clearly wanted Dalton.

Most of those posters are Smith fan boys. It is clear Kaep was their target.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

In the meantime, CK learning and improving as well. He should be ready to go in case of injury, and then challenge for the starting spot next season.

Agreed. Although some don't believe he has the capacity to learn and improve as well. He's just a dumb kid with a rocket arm and speed(aka plaground qb), that's why harbaugh and baalke traded up to draft him(Al Davis moment).
do not recall any poster saying ck was dumb so please stop. i like ck, i like the fact he has improved, i like the fact that, unlike last year,, we do have a good back up quarterback. many of us just pick fun at the crowd who think ck should start cuz he has the "it" factor. Jh liked him in the draft, he traded up to get him thinking that if alex did not pan out he would have a guy he liked. alex did pan out and after we got lucky by not getting alex hurt last year, jh went out and got josh johnson just in case the two kids did not pan out. both ck and scotty did pan out , so josh was not needed. alex won the job over 3 guys for this season. ck got some playing time and did a good job with his legs against some crappy teams. coach found out rotating quarterbacks and the wolfpack did not work against good teams. ck sets on the bench and learns and maybe challenges for next year. that is how i see our quarterback situation. ck is not dumb and i have never seen a poster say that.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WINiner:

Am I imagining things, I thought I read somewhere the 49ers war room burst out in cheers when the Bengals drafted Dalton instead of Kaepernick. Yet I've seen multiple posters say that they clearly wanted Dalton.

i just know i thought we needed a quarterback at the time cuz at the time I had no clue what we had with alex. I am glad things turned out well for alex and i am glad we have three nice young quarterbacks. with maybe the best coach they could have
Originally posted by cciowa:
do not recall any poster saying ck was dumb so please stop. i like ck, i like the fact he has improved, i like the fact that, unlike last year,, we do have a good back up quarterback. many of us just pick fun at the crowd who think ck should start cuz he has the "it" factor. Jh liked him in the draft, he traded up to get him thinking that if alex did not pan out he would have a guy he liked. alex did pan out and after we got lucky by not getting alex hurt last year, jh went out and got josh johnson just in case the two kids did not pan out. both ck and scotty did pan out , so josh was not needed. alex won the job over 3 guys for this season. ck got some playing time and did a good job with his legs against some crappy teams. coach found out rotating quarterbacks and the wolfpack did not work against good teams. ck sets on the bench and learns and maybe challenges for next year. that is how i see our quarterback situation. ck is not dumb and i have never seen a poster say that.

Nobody came straight out and said it, but it doesn't take a brain surgeon to read between the lines of what posters are really saying.
i just know i thought we needed a quarterback at the time cuz at the time I had no clue what we had with alex. I am glad things turned out well for alex and i am glad we have three nice young quarterbacks. with maybe the best coach they could have

Believe it or not I am glad for Alex too, it's been a long tough road for him. Our coach + Kaep's natural abilities and confidence in himself(swag), is why I believe he will be a good one. Not that Alex isn't good, he is good enough to get the job done(superbowl).
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Believe it or not I am glad for Alex too, it's been a long tough road for him. Our coach + Kaep's natural abilities and confidence in himself(swag), is why I believe he will be a good one. Not that Alex isn't good, he is good enough to get the job done(superbowl).
that really would have looked bad for us if ck would have gotten beat out by josh. i am very glad he did not. not sure what is going on with scotties progression but to have 3 nice young quarterbacks, two of which could win games right now,, is a pretty nice thing to have
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Nobody came straight out and said it, but it doesn't take a brain surgeon to read between the lines of what posters are really saying.
well then those posters do not know what they are talking about,, cuz he is not dumb
Originally posted by WINiner:

Most people here are fans of winning, Smith shares some blame for our losses int previous seasons but his 27 games have given most enough reason to not rock the boat for a raw talent. If we make the playoffs and win some, nobody will be screaming to replace him unless there is a meltdown.

It's fuzzy but I remember our team losing playoff games with both joe and Steve in control.

Steve didn't start for us til his 7 th year in the league. Smith had us in the champ game in his.

Trade Kaep, and get some picks. Smith is staying for awhile
Nobody came straight out and said it, fixed

Think this is a reach--should have stopped after the first seven words. The rest indicates that you are reading into what is said and interpreting...probably inaccurately. Most posts I have seen that criticized CK were doubtful about his NFL readiness but I don't remember any serious posts questioning his intellect.

I'm in favor of keeping both until someone offers the world in a trade. Trade from strength, not out of perceived necessity.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Nov 7, 2012 at 5:40 PM ]
that really would have looked bad for us if ck would have gotten beat out by josh. i am very glad he did not. not sure what is going on with scotties progression but to have 3 nice young quarterbacks, two of which could win games right now,, is a pretty nice thing to have

I agree, we are in good shape at the qb position.

Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Think this is a reach--should have stopped after the first seven words. The rest indicates that you are reading into what is said and interpreting...probably inaccurately. Most posts I have seen that criticized CK were doubtful about his NFL readiness but I don't remember any serious posts questioning his intellect.

I'm in favor of keeping both until someone offers the world in a trade. Trade from strength, not out of perceived necessity.

Fair enough,you have your interpretations I have mine.

COPERNICUS!!!!
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

COPERNICUS!!!!

Ah Ah Ah

I would like to see kap get some playing time in mop up, as there is always the chance that somebody, eg, SEA will pay a bundle for a 2nd string qB who has a great quarter or two. Actually it wasn't the money, it was the draft picks, and Floyd couldn't even start. That is a reason to get kap some PT, in that if one of the 20 teams who need qBs want him, he has a great draft swap value. But he has to have some good PT to establish that. Mop up only, no starting and please, no Wildkap plays rigth when we are in the midst of a great drive. Coach learned his lesson on that one,.

Are you serious?
Share 49ersWebzone