There are 87 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Thursday's Trade Deadline - Niners

backup LT
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,304
Bottom line, we wont trade for Bowe unless it involves trading Crabtree. There is no room for Bowe on this team and we'd only get him for 1 year and he'd bolt in FA or we'd have to franchise him.

If we trade for anyone it will be a quality #2 OT or a backup OLB - nothing else unless there can honestly be a significant upgrade somewhere.
Originally posted by sfout:
Bottom line, we wont trade for Bowe unless it involves trading Crabtree. There is no room for Bowe on this team and we'd only get him for 1 year and he'd bolt in FA or we'd have to franchise him.

If we trade for anyone it will be a quality #2 OT or a backup OLB - nothing else unless there can honestly be a significant upgrade somewhere.

If is a WR it would have to be the best WR in the NFL ...WRs don't get the ball that much in this offense
Originally posted by jreff22:
  • We make a move in FA to bring in a power back.
  • We make a move in the draft for a shifty back.
  • Dixon has been used once this year in a blowout, he never gets the ball when it counts....and when he has it didn't go well.
  • Gore, Hunter, Smith, Kap, and Ham have more rushing yards compared to Dixon. In another few weeks I expect Jacobs, Ginn, and KW to surpass him as well. He offers nothing on the offensive side of the ball and it has been shown to be factual.
  • He has done nothing of note on ST. Brock and Cox have both made TD saving tackels this year, Dixon is never found.

Refute that and tell me how Dixon is good at anything with proof.

I'll use a classic pro Smith argument:

Are you read....


Obviously you're wrong because the coaching staff still has Dixon on the roster. Do you know more than the coachs?


[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Oct 28, 2012 at 6:35 PM ]
personally I would love to see us make a trade dropping one of the RB Dixon or Jacobs for for a D-lineman , LB or a future draft pick nothing lower then a third.I haven't paid that good attention who we could trade for but it could be a move that could give us added strength on defense
Only way a trade gets made is if they can unload salary along with it.
Originally posted by dj43:
Only way a trade gets made is if they can unload salary along with it.

Yeah thats true....
In all seriousness I highly doubt this team will do any trades.
they should trade brandon jacobs for a pick. hes not doin s**t for us anyway and t would give us more ammo to move up in the draft next year to plug any remaining holes on the roster. im pretty sure they have plans for next year since they stocked up on all those picks so get as many picks as you can
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
dwayne bowe for a 3rd rounder apparently
I don't see the point.. I mean yeah a couple of years ago sure.

but our receivers have shown the ability to get open in the middle of the field as well as beat secondaries deep. So I don't see the need to give away a 3rd round pick, especially when we have a 1st rounder waiting for the Vets to retire or leave the team next year.

We have an extra 3rd round pick next year. It wouldn't be the worst trade in the world. Not necessary, but not horrible either.
No idea why we would trade for a wide receiver.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I'll use a classic pro Smith argument:

Are you read....


Obviously you're wrong because the coaching staff still has Dixon on the roster. Do you know more than the coachs?



We're celebrating at our house!

3) Niners? Play tonight and are 5-2!
2) SF Giants? World Champions!

But mostly?
1) Oakland-Niner? Finally gets it!

What a great day!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Oct 29, 2012 at 7:01 AM ]
If we do make any moves, they will be minor, I cant see us making a blockbuster deal of any kind
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,236
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by cciowa:
i would trade dixon to the bengals like we did with taylor mays and then i would go sign rock cartwright for special teams. dixon is a waste of a roster space esp with jacobs back, plus you got the rookie we drafted setting around playing checkers

um....Cartwright ALSO plays RB. So how is Dixon a waste of a roster space? What would Cartwright be?

I would understand if Dixon was messing up on special teams then it would be an improvement, but that isn't the case...so if you replace Dixon with Cartwright....what would be the benefit? and what do you think we would get for Dixon that could help this team, with the risk of subtracting someone from our already regressed special teams?... as well as the fact that Jacobs is coming back from injury...so if he got injured again, then we don't have a big back to spell Gore or Hunter late in a game....or atleast one that has shown he can help finish a game, like Dixon showed.

I mean what could we get for Dixon... I mean I understand he probably has higher value than say Alex ...but it wouldn't be worth it to trade either the two for peanuts.

edit- Jacobs would make more sense..since he can't get himself on the active roster....THAT is a waste of space.
You defended Dixon all though preseason, he hasn't done anything to make the ST better. We are at the bottom so dropping him cant make us worse. Getting a ST ace (something Dixon is not) would be better for the unit.

Dixon helped finish one game, its not a normal thing for him. Our 2nd string QB has more rushing yards.

And we still have LMJ who I assume can offer more at RB.
i like afrikan but this is the truth,, dixon does nothing on special teams, he is slow and his place can be filled by jacobs and the rookie. I do not care if its rock just get someone in here who can run and make tackles on special teams
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by cciowa:
i would trade dixon to the bengals like we did with taylor mays and then i would go sign rock cartwright for special teams. dixon is a waste of a roster space esp with jacobs back, plus you got the rookie we drafted setting around playing checkers

um....Cartwright ALSO plays RB. So how is Dixon a waste of a roster space? What would Cartwright be?

I would understand if Dixon was messing up on special teams then it would be an improvement, but that isn't the case...so if you replace Dixon with Cartwright....what would be the benefit? and what do you think we would get for Dixon that could help this team, with the risk of subtracting someone from our already regressed special teams?... as well as the fact that Jacobs is coming back from injury...so if he got injured again, then we don't have a big back to spell Gore or Hunter late in a game....or atleast one that has shown he can help finish a game, like Dixon showed.

I mean what could we get for Dixon... I mean I understand he probably has higher value than say Alex ...but it wouldn't be worth it to trade either the two for peanuts.

edit- Jacobs would make more sense..since he can't get himself on the active roster....THAT is a waste of space.
You defended Dixon all though preseason, he hasn't done anything to make the ST better. We are at the bottom so dropping him cant make us worse. Getting a ST ace (something Dixon is not) would be better for the unit.

Dixon helped finish one game, its not a normal thing for him. Our 2nd string QB has more rushing yards.

And we still have LMJ who I assume can offer more at RB.
i like afrikan but this is the truth,, dixon does nothing on special teams, he is slow and his place can be filled by jacobs and the rookie. I do not care if its rock just get someone in here who can run and make tackles on special teams
I'm not throwing Dixon under the bus , but he rarely carries the ball , he is not a dependable short yardage back , never was ...and his special teams play is average ...I wouldnt be against trading Dix for help on special teams ...lot of teams need a RB, dont know why we would hang on to him when we have Gore, Hunter, Jacobs and LMJ ....he could go somewhere and get some carries and we get help on special teams ...WIN WIN


But if we cant unload him , then we should be able to get a quality ST player with a 6th or a 7th rounder ...but ST needs some help

If we cant get a "Tony Montana Squad" ...we should at least try to build a "Frank Lopez Squad"