There are 273 users in the forums

Thursday's Trade Deadline - Niners

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Bowe for 1 of our extra 3rds. , the only thing though is we'd be overloaded at WR and have 2-3 guys inactive on game days. If you gave them a pic and Dixon, that would open a roster spot, and when Moss (and possibly crabbs) leaves next year we be good to have Bowe. But, like mentioned before by others, this is pretty unlikely.
I really don't see us making any moves.

A back-up LT sounds like a good idea and/or a quality DLine person to put in the rotation.
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter Due to storm, NFL likely to push back Tuesday's 4 pm trade deadline. League now working through details.
Could see Jacobs being traded but thats about it. would like to get a Vet OT
Originally posted by Afrikan:
-where is that FA Power Back? why can't he get on the team since Dixon is soooo garbage?...lol.
- what does a shifty back who weighs 175lbs have to do with Dixon being garbage? I think that has more do with our offensive starters last year not being able to get it done, when it came to big plays and home runs.
-when did it "not go well" this season, like you stated? he came in so that our starters didn't have to be out there and risk injury or get overworked. Dixon did his job, he helped extend drives, run out the clock, held on to the ball, and hell got into the endzone on an impressive run.
-how can you say he shows nothing on the offensive side of the ball when he ran the ball well in preseason and then when we asked him to run the ball he did well again....do you have proof of when he DIDN'T run the ball well this season?..lol
-I think the fact that you haven't heard his name on special teams is a good thing...he is asked to protect and then cover. He is not on the outside like those to fellas..THEY are expected to make the intial play....the one time where he was needed to make a play, he got pushed in the back.

just wow....I really am wasting my time.

Jacobs was hurt and would be the power back called to get the short yardage over Dixon easily.
Its a point that we brought in 2 new guys, you don't do that if what you have is good.....like the WR additions.
Talking about previous attempts to use him-last year when we needed him to pickup short yards....not garbage time that doesn't matter.
WHO GIVES A s**t ABOUT PRESEASON?
Jones and Blake were standout players, something that Dixon is not on ST. He's just another guy that has little value and the one thing he does he's not very good at.
A lot of people want to trade jacobs but he is are ace in the hole. Gore is playing lights out yeah I know and look how much we use him is somthing happens god fordid we need jacobs to take over I know we have hunter and james but ther for speed we need jacobs for pounding the ball.
Jacobs won't be traded. RBs have very little value these days and he could have been had CHEAP in the offseason as a FA.

He is more valuable to the team as a backup and short yardage back than any of compensation they could get for him.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Oct 29, 2012 at 11:13 AM ]
For the love of god, please trade Dixon and his tweets elsewhere. I don't care what we get back.
Maybe we can get a disgruntled Eagle or Titan. Trade Dixon for Blake Constanzo.
[ Edited by Psinex on Oct 29, 2012 at 12:11 PM ]
Trade for Matt Cain...
With as many draft picks as we have this year a 3rd for Bowe would not be that bad of a deal, especially since it would happen at our bye week which would help give him time to learn more of the playbook before playing in a game. The real problem, though, would be with cap space - someone else would need to be restructured or traded, and I don't see any obvious candidates.

Originally posted by captveg:
With as many draft picks as we have this year a 3rd for Bowe would not be that bad of a deal, especially since it would happen at our bye week which would help give him time to learn more of the playbook before playing in a game. The real problem, though, would be with cap space - someone else would need to be restructured or traded, and I don't see any obvious candidates.

Manningham, Crabs and Jenkins - w/Williams. Is a legit Wr core. Its also pretty inexpensive.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Lets trade for Vick or Romo.
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:

Vick can kiss my ass with that 100 million contract. I'll take romo hands down over Vick and I think romo is massively overrated because of the team he plays for, but romo with the talent we have on offense intrigues the hell out of me. Jerry won't trade his golden boy mid season though
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:

Vick can kiss my ass with that 100 million contract. I'll take romo hands down over Vick and I think romo is massively overrated because of the team he plays for, but romo with the talent we have on offense intrigues the hell out of me. Jerry won't trade his golden boy mid season though

yah you are right. they probably gonna keep him and dump Garrett.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
-where is that FA Power Back? why can't he get on the team since Dixon is soooo garbage?...lol.
- what does a shifty back who weighs 175lbs have to do with Dixon being garbage? I think that has more do with our offensive starters last year not being able to get it done, when it came to big plays and home runs.
-when did it "not go well" this season, like you stated? he came in so that our starters didn't have to be out there and risk injury or get overworked. Dixon did his job, he helped extend drives, run out the clock, held on to the ball, and hell got into the endzone on an impressive run.
-how can you say he shows nothing on the offensive side of the ball when he ran the ball well in preseason and then when we asked him to run the ball he did well again....do you have proof of when he DIDN'T run the ball well this season?..lol
-I think the fact that you haven't heard his name on special teams is a good thing...he is asked to protect and then cover. He is not on the outside like those to fellas..THEY are expected to make the intial play....the one time where he was needed to make a play, he got pushed in the back.

just wow....I really am wasting my time.

Jacobs was hurt and would be the power back called to get the short yardage over Dixon easily.
Its a point that we brought in 2 new guys, you don't do that if what you have is good.....like the WR additions.
Talking about previous attempts to use him-last year when we needed him to pickup short yards....not garbage time that doesn't matter.
WHO GIVES A s**t ABOUT PRESEASON?
Jones and Blake were standout players, something that Dixon is not on ST. He's just another guy that has little value and the one thing he does he's not very good at.

Jacobs has been healthy for the past 3 games...or at least he says is....and I'm guessing he is STILL healthy and guess what? Inactive again.

accept that Dixon worked hard in the offseason (with Justin Smith), changed his running style, worked on his pass and running blocking, and earned his ACTIVE roster spot on this team.

if he was a garbage player, like you say, he would not still be active for these games...especially if they felt Jacobs was that important for our offense...they have other players who can come in for Dixon on special teams in necessary..

but that is not the case for a reason.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Oct 29, 2012 at 4:46 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone