There are 175 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Thursday's Trade Deadline - Niners

I know it's a shot in the dark, but do you guys think there is any chance we could see a trade? If so, who would be most likely to be traded and for what? Are there any teams desperate for a running back, reciever or corner?

Or....

Should we package some of our later picks to grab a thin position like OLB?
Trade roman to the jets for their 1, 3rd, 5th
Only way to make a deal before thursday is to extend Justin Smith and lower his salary, and save some cap space, cause we have just over 1.5m in cap room, and most players we could use probably make more. Maybe Jacobs would be traded, but idk.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i would trade dixon to the bengals like we did with taylor mays and then i would go sign rock cartwright for special teams. dixon is a waste of a roster space esp with jacobs back, plus you got the rookie we drafted setting around playing checkers
Would be surprised to see a trade by Baalke unless it is a very good and sensible move for the 49ers. Just don't see it happening though.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
We have to offload someone with a large contract or some restructuring of deals for us to really have any extra cap room to pull off a quality trade. $3M in cap room doesn't exactly have a lot of room for anything desirable to be added. Who would we cut or trade make room for this addition anyway? Cut Haggans if we trade for an OLB? Cut Brock if we trade for a CB? I dont think we have a lot room unless we trade a starter for a starter....
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by cciowa:
i would trade dixon to the bengals like we did with taylor mays and then i would go sign rock cartwright for special teams. dixon is a waste of a roster space esp with jacobs back, plus you got the rookie we drafted setting around playing checkers

I agree, Dixon probably has some value out there, hes also made a coupe TD's this year too so theres film on him.
Not going to happen, but I would be all for moving a guy like Dixon or Jacobs for a special teams ace. Somebody of equal money that would be more useful this year.

um....Cartwright ALSO plays RB. So how is Dixon a waste of a roster space? What would Cartwright be?

I would understand if Dixon was messing up on special teams then it would be an improvement, but that isn't the case...so if you replace Dixon with Cartwright....what would be the benefit? and what do you think we would get for Dixon that could help this team, with the risk of subtracting someone from our already regressed special teams?... as well as the fact that Jacobs is coming back from injury...so if he got injured again, then we don't have a big back to spell Gore or Hunter late in a game....or atleast one that has shown he can help finish a game, like Dixon showed.

I mean what could we get for Dixon... I mean I understand he probably has higher value than say Alex ...but it wouldn't be worth it to trade either the two for peanuts.

edit- Jacobs would make more sense..since he can't get himself on the active roster....THAT is a waste of space.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Oct 28, 2012 at 3:37 PM ]
i hope that they acquire an outside linebacker and cut dixon.
Originally posted by Afrikan:

um....Cartwright ALSO plays RB. So how is Dixon a waste of a roster space? What would Cartwright be?

I would understand if Dixon was messing up on special teams then it would be an improvement, but that isn't the case...so if you replace Dixon with Cartwright....what would be the benefit? and what do you think we would get for Dixon that could help this team, with the risk of subtracting someone from our already regressed special teams?... as well as the fact that Jacobs is coming back from injury...so if he got injured again, then we don't have a big back to spell Gore or Hunter late in a game....or atleast one that has shown he can help finish a game, like Dixon showed.

I mean what could we get for Dixon... I mean I understand he probably has higher value than say Alex ...but it wouldn't be worth it to trade either the two for peanuts.

edit- Jacobs would make more sense..since he can't get himself on the active roster....THAT is a waste of space.
You defended Dixon all though preseason, he hasn't done anything to make the ST better. We are at the bottom so dropping him cant make us worse. Getting a ST ace (something Dixon is not) would be better for the unit.

Dixon helped finish one game, its not a normal thing for him. Our 2nd string QB has more rushing yards.

And we still have LMJ who I assume can offer more at RB.
Bj for dez bryant
Boobie Dixon for Calvin Johnson no problem
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:
Bj for dez bryant

oooohhh......I'd do that in heart beat. I know he's a head case, but I'd take it. I thought the Cowpatties had Murry doe?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:
Bj for dez bryant

oooohhh......I'd do that in heart beat. I know he's a head case, but I'd take it. I thought the Cowpatties had Murry doe?

he's hurt again, hasn't proven he can carry the load full time without injury, even if the broken ankle was a freak accident.

Dez aint goin' nowhere, he just caught the game winning td....

and wait for it....his fingers hit the out of bounds line before his a** hit the endzone....lol
[ Edited by sfout on Oct 28, 2012 at 4:44 PM ]