There are 162 users in the forums

Would Alex Smith be on this Roster if Eddie D. was Still Owner of this TEAM ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Would Alex Smith be on this Roster if Eddie D. was Still Owner of this TEAM ?

its more like... will AS let Eddie D be the owner
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Based on the fact that Alex is rated a top 10 QB, it's pretty safe to say that Eddie wouldn't have said much to Walsh...and Walsh would have kept him.

from what I remember about Eddie D....no.... I'm not saying he would've forced a move mid season..but at the end of the season most likely. If Eddie saw all those open receivers open down field, but the high percentage one who is 5 yards away is chosen...he'd have a problem with that...he'd think there is something wrong with his QB and would keep asking about it. With Eddie it was SuperBowl or bust. If he felt that kind of play wasn't good enough against playoff teams late in the season and the playoffs...he'd put pressure on Bill to find out what is wrong.

people get the wrong feeling that Eddie and Walsh thunk alike....Eddie loved and respected Bill, but he would question and go passed his decisions if he felt he needed to......again, that is just the Debartolla I remember.
Originally posted by aTx49er:
Why dude....... Why?

I neither hijacked or created a new thread. I am within the bounds of the request made.

but to answer your question, I do not favor censorship...at any level.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
from what I remember about Eddie D....no.... I'm not saying he would've forced a move mid season..but at the end of the season most likely. If Eddie saw all those open receivers open down field, but the high percentage one who is 5 yards away is chosen...he'd have a problem with that...he'd think there is something wrong with his QB and would keep asking about it. With Eddie it was SuperBowl or bust. If he felt that kind of play wasn't good enough against playoff teams late in the season and the playoffs...he'd put pressure on Bill to find out what is wrong.

people get the wrong feeling that Eddie and Walsh thunk alike....Eddie loved and respected Bill, but he would question and go passed his decisions if he felt he needed to......again, that is just the Debartolla I remember.

Fair answer...but let me ask this...who did Eddie ever overrule Walsh on?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I thinks he would have stuck with Alex. Who the heck would he have replaced him with who would have liked to have played here? Favre? Manning? Warner? Those are the qb's that had been available during Alex's time here and none would have come to play here. Smith simply is the best he could have hoped for. IMO.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Nov 7, 2012 at 10:07 AM ]

haha I thought I deleted that part before posting...because I was trying to think back when he ACTUALLY did....again, like I said, that is just the Eddie I remember in the late 80's.

so if anyone else with better memory wants to chime in, go ahead, but I'll take back that comment if no one else can remember a scenario.

edit- and now I see there is no Main Alex thread...what happened to the other one? I mean I read there will be a review of the last set of comments..but man.

for now, since this will be the thread that draws all the Alex fans and "fans" and this conversation involves so many variables......I'm

[ Edited by Afrikan on Nov 7, 2012 at 10:17 AM ]
Why dude....... Why?

I neither hijacked or created a new thread. I am within the bounds of the request made.

I assume you are referring to me. To call parking a thread to allow calmer minds to review is not censorship. You all still have the right to go elsewhere on the Internet and vent your spleen. But the mods have jobs and families and other responsibilities. If we can be abused with accusations of censorship when we try to gain a little time by safely parking issues to allow fellow mods to express their opinions, then I may as well walk away from the zone and let the place disintegrate into abuse and childish fighting and you can watch all the good posters giving up and walking away.

Another point. In the thread I parked a number of posters expressed reservations about the direction the thread was taking. but none of them alerted the mods. The Webzone can only be as good as its posters. The report button was put in for times like this, but when I follow up a reported post half the time I do nothing because it was someone's idea of a joke.

But don't worry, the Smith thread will be back in one form or another. I shouldn't want to censor people.

haha I thought I deleted that part before posting...because I was trying to think back when he ACTUALLY did....again, like I said, that is just the Eddie I remember in the late 80's.

so if anyone else with better memory wants to chime in, go ahead, but I'll take back that comment if no one else can remember a scenario.

edit- and now I see there is no Main Alex thread...what happened to the other one? I mean I read there will be a review of the last set of comments..but man.

for now, since this will be the thread that draws all the Alex fans and "fans" and this conversation involves so many variables......I'm

Right behind you.
we would have Brady Rogers Manning and Smith would be our PS qb
Originally posted by English:
Why dude....... Why?

I assume you are referring to me. To call parking a thread to allow calmer minds to review is not censorship. You all still have the right to go elsewhere on the Internet and vent your spleen. But the mods have jobs and families and other responsibilities. If we can be abused with accusations of censorship when we try to gain a little time by safely parking issues to allow fellow mods to express their opinions, then I may as well walk away from the zone and let the place disintegrate into abuse and childish fighting and you can watch all the good posters giving up and walking away.

Another point. In the thread I parked a number of posters expressed reservations about the direction the thread was taking. but none of them alerted the mods. The Webzone can only be as good as its posters. The report button was put in for times like this, but when I follow up a reported post half the time I do nothing because it was someone's idea of a joke.

But don't worry, the Smith thread will be back in one form or another. I shouldn't want to censor people.

Its just a forum. Is it really that serious ?

Originally posted by Faraz80:
Its just a forum. Is it really that serious ?

For some people interwebz discussions are serious business.
Originally posted by kidash98:
Sadly, no... He would have been gone after three years, IMO.

Nothing sad about that. Eddie was all about excellence.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Who gives a f**k
After McCarthy left Eddie would make the next OC sign a multi-year contract in blood.
Originally posted by Faraz80:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Would probably pressured the coaches to get someone else --- maybe like Kolb, Flynn, or P. Manning.

I disagree. Eddie D was never satified with guys like Kolb or Flynn. He liked guys with track records. Manning for sure; maybe someone like Vick.

Alex Smith is a better QB than Vick ever has been, with the key words being has been. What a totally retarded thread.
Share 49ersWebzone