There are 717 users in the forums
Should Frank play against Arizona?
Should Frank play against Arizona?
Oct 23, 2012 at 6:25 AM
- swayze
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,225
I voted rest. A steady dose of Hunter, B Jacobs and, FINALLY, LaMichael Jizzames...
Oct 23, 2012 at 6:27 AM
- Oakland-Niner
- Member
- Posts: 24,062
NO!!!
I'd like to see Hunter full time in AZ, sprinkled with a little Brandon Jacobs. After all, why else did we keep so many backs? Frank's ribs will be a target for guys like Dockett
I'd like to see Hunter full time in AZ, sprinkled with a little Brandon Jacobs. After all, why else did we keep so many backs? Frank's ribs will be a target for guys like Dockett
Oct 23, 2012 at 6:37 AM
- JTsBiggestFan
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,758
Yeah.
Let the guy rest.
This is not pre-2011 where loss of Gore means end of season.
We can win without Gore against many teams. Don't forget we beat the Giants last year pretty much without him....
I love Frank to death and feel he's our best RB, but our running game's success right now is hinged on OL play and sticking to it more than any RB's particularly outstanding play.
Unleash the Jacobs & James!!
Let the guy rest.
This is not pre-2011 where loss of Gore means end of season.
We can win without Gore against many teams. Don't forget we beat the Giants last year pretty much without him....
I love Frank to death and feel he's our best RB, but our running game's success right now is hinged on OL play and sticking to it more than any RB's particularly outstanding play.
Unleash the Jacobs & James!!
Oct 23, 2012 at 6:39 AM
- 49AllTheTime
- Veteran
- Posts: 72,976
Jacobs will fumble on purpose
Oct 23, 2012 at 6:42 AM
- swayze
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,225
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Jacobs will fumble on purpose
I saw him in the Cardinals' locker room following their loss to Minnesota, that's probably when he was planning it with them
Oct 23, 2012 at 6:54 AM
- qnnhan7
- Veteran
- Posts: 35,189
Would be very surprised if Harbaugh let Gore play in the Cards game. Maybe a few snaps early but will take him out like they did in a couple of games last year. With the way they handled Jacobs' injury I would think they let Frank sits.
Oct 23, 2012 at 7:17 AM
- 49ersHeroine
- Member
- Posts: 167
Rest Gore! We have Thunder(Jacobs) & Lightning(Hunter) will have a monster game and lead us to victory on MNF
Oct 23, 2012 at 7:18 AM
- WhoGotItBetterThenUs
- Member
- Posts: 127
I think he will play and I have no problem with it. Mike Sando had a good piece on Gore's rushes vs. Cardinals. Our best success running the ball vs. Cardinals has been up the middle which is what Gore does the best on our team. We will need him.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/79118/cardinals-frank-gore-on-collision-course
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/79118/cardinals-frank-gore-on-collision-course
[ Edited by WhoGotItBetterThenUs on Oct 23, 2012 at 7:19 AM ]
Oct 23, 2012 at 7:20 AM
- swayze
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,225
With Frank hurt now, holding Jacobs out until he was fully healthy is starting to look a lot smarter. Better to rest Gore with a healthy and fresh Jacobs than a dinged up worn down one!
Oct 23, 2012 at 7:26 AM
- valrod33
- Hall of Small
- Posts: 138,120
If he is healthy he should play.
Oct 23, 2012 at 7:48 AM
- dtg_9er
- Veteran
- Posts: 33,204
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
If he is healthy he should play.
Agree, and they can limit his play count if they have concerns. If he is't healthy though, and I'm not sure any of these guys are healthy in our context, he should sit and I would love to see Jacobs in there.
Oct 23, 2012 at 7:54 AM
- 49erfaithful49
- Veteran
- Posts: 421
the thing about Jacobs is, he might not be mid season ready :(
Oct 23, 2012 at 7:59 AM
- 49AllTheTime
- Veteran
- Posts: 72,976
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Jacobs will fumble on purpose
I saw him in the Cardinals' locker room following their loss to Minnesota, that's probably when he was planning it with them
i knew it !
Oct 23, 2012 at 8:07 AM
- susweel
- Hall of Nepal
- Posts: 122,143
Yes and run him 25+ carries.