There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Should Frank play against Arizona?

Should Frank play against Arizona?

• fryet
  • Veteran
It sounds like Frank will be able to play against Arizona, but he won't be 100%. We can shoot him up with some painkillers and he will be ready to go for the game. On the other hand, we have a ton of depth at RB. We could start Kendall and suit up Jacobs and maybe even LMJ and let Frank get fully rested. Having Frank 100% at the end of the season would be a major advantage over other teams that will be nursing lots of injuries. On the other hand, this will be a difficult division game, and any drop off at RB could be the difference between victory and defeat. What does everyone think?
I voted rest. A steady dose of Hunter, B Jacobs and, FINALLY, LaMichael Jizzames...
NO!!!

I'd like to see Hunter full time in AZ, sprinkled with a little Brandon Jacobs. After all, why else did we keep so many backs? Frank's ribs will be a target for guys like Dockett
Yeah.

Let the guy rest.

This is not pre-2011 where loss of Gore means end of season.

We can win without Gore against many teams. Don't forget we beat the Giants last year pretty much without him....

I love Frank to death and feel he's our best RB, but our running game's success right now is hinged on OL play and sticking to it more than any RB's particularly outstanding play.

Unleash the Jacobs & James!!
Jacobs will fumble on purpose
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

I saw him in the Cardinals' locker room following their loss to Minnesota, that's probably when he was planning it with them
Would be very surprised if Harbaugh let Gore play in the Cards game. Maybe a few snaps early but will take him out like they did in a couple of games last year. With the way they handled Jacobs' injury I would think they let Frank sits.
Rest Gore! We have Thunder(Jacobs) & Lightning(Hunter) will have a monster game and lead us to victory on MNF
I think he will play and I have no problem with it. Mike Sando had a good piece on Gore's rushes vs. Cardinals. Our best success running the ball vs. Cardinals has been up the middle which is what Gore does the best on our team. We will need him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/79118/cardinals-frank-gore-on-collision-course
[ Edited by WhoGotItBetterThenUs on Oct 23, 2012 at 7:19 AM ]
With Frank hurt now, holding Jacobs out until he was fully healthy is starting to look a lot smarter. Better to rest Gore with a healthy and fresh Jacobs than a dinged up worn down one!
If he is healthy he should play.
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
If he is healthy he should play.

Agree, and they can limit his play count if they have concerns. If he is't healthy though, and I'm not sure any of these guys are healthy in our context, he should sit and I would love to see Jacobs in there.
the thing about Jacobs is, he might not be mid season ready :(
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

I saw him in the Cardinals' locker room following their loss to Minnesota, that's probably when he was planning it with them

i knew it !
Yes and run him 25+ carries.