LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 298 users in the forums

The one player I'd like to see resigned!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
1. Sopoaga
1a. Bowman
Bowman.this guy can be a pro bowl player every year.
Originally posted by reasonable1:
He's the key to our base defense. I will argue anyone to the last breath on that one.

The only problem is we don't play our base defense much anymore. Sopoaga is big-time force in the middle when we do have that personnel on the field, but the question is, how much money is someone worth, even if they play well, when often they're only on the field for 10-15 snaps per game (and sometimes even less than that).
[ Edited by lordfangio on Oct 23, 2012 at 8:39 AM ]
Originally posted by lordfangio:
The only problem is we don't play our base defense much anymore. Sopoaga is big-time force in the middle when we do have that personnel on the field, but the question is, how much money is someone worth, even if they play well, when often they're only on the field for 10-15 snaps per game (and sometimes even less than that).

The same base defense that got gashed by the Giants and Seahawks and allowed 100+ to Minnesota?? GOOD running teams have ran on us this year, regardless. Packers and Lions can't run and the Jets and Bills were blow outs and had to stop running. Vikings, Giants, and Seahawks, all solid running teams, did what they wanted on the ground. Our base defense, for whatever reason, is not as good as our "rushing yards per game" show for the reasons listed above
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Adam Walker (with a cast)

I think Bowman has another year left on his contract. If that's not the case then he is an "A+" resign.

Ginn has made a difference in the return game, giving us some good field position to start with.

Like everything else in sports, business and life, it depends on the price.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Bowman or Goldson. But since Bowman still has some time on his contract, I'll say Goldson.

this
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
Bowman or Goldson. But since Bowman still has some time on his contract, I'll say Goldson.

this

I dont know , maybe locking up Bowman sooner than later would be a smart move ....If Bowman goes and has a spectacular season, and then some inside LB who isnt as half as good as Bowman gets a ridiculous contract, it will make it tougher for us to re-sign him ,and Bowmans agent will for sure want money equal to the highest paid LB's if some team overpays to keep their talent
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:

this

I dont know , maybe locking up Bowman sooner than later would be a smart move ....If Bowman goes and has a spectacular season, and then some inside LB who isnt as half as good as Bowman gets a ridiculous contract, it will make it tougher for us to re-sign him ,and Bowmans agent will for sure want money equal to the highest paid LB's if some team overpays to keep their talent

IMO I dont think we can afford two high priced ILB's. We might have to make tough decision Pat or Bow ?
Moss and before the season is over you will know why!

He's the key to our base defense. I will argue anyone to the last breath on that one.

league wide problem. so its his position not like he would get much more and be on a good team.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by bluecoller49ninerfan:
Moss and before the season is over you will know why!

lol not likely
Originally posted by 99problems:
league wide problem. so its his position not like he would get much more and be on a good team.

The difference is that because we have such a superb run defense, teams run on us even less than teams are running in general. So I could see Sope having more value to another team that gets run on more often, but hopefully the price is right and we can keep him.

he missed some time last year and with RJF in there...i didn't see any drop off. plus he's getting up there in years and we can draft a replacement. I'd rather they spend money keeping Bowman and/or Ginn.
Originally posted by Rizvi49er:

he missed some time last year and with RJF in there...i didn't see any drop off. plus he's getting up there in years and we can draft a replacement. I'd rather they spend money keeping Bowman and/or Ginn.

we gonna draft star lotulelei doe. gonna keep the polynesian heritage at NT
Share 49ersWebzone