There are 162 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

After watching MNF

A major factor in a "Great" RB is the OLine. The Bears OLine will meet a front 7 that will rattle Jay.

Also, the Bears are a professional football team and should always be taken seriously. They have a solid D, a VERY good QB and outside of Marshall I can't comment on their receivers.

So, I'm not worried but as they say in boxing, "Protect Yourself At All Times."
Indy, St. Louis, Dallas, Jacksonville and Detroit. Who have they played that should make the Niners feel like they're a legitimate threat? They play Carolina, Tennessee and Houston the weeks before the Niners. Houston will be the first team that will have a winning record since they played the Cowboys, before they play the Niners.

Barring any serious injuries, Houston and Foster will be the first team with a legitimate running game that are actually a well rounded team that they faced. Niners win and while doing so, will prove to the Bears and their delusional fans that Briggs and Urlacher can't hold a candle to Bowman and Willis in the middle.

Score:
20-10 Niners in dominating fashion, with Kapernick getting some in the 4th because the game will be out of reach by then.
The Bears are weak because their Oline is weak. Chilo is starting for them.
Not really worried.

Cutler will cough it up a few times.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
That is a giant disservice to Matt Forte, who is easily one of the top-10 running backs in the game right now. Their running game was hurting earlier this year because Forte himself was hurting.

To sit here and pretend Gore is LEAPS AND BOUNDS better than Matt Forte is a giant stretch.

Originally posted by Axl49:
Not to mention the far better RB and run game this year.

That is a giant disservice to Matt Forte, who is easily one of the top-10 running backs in the game right now. Their running game was hurting earlier this year because Forte himself was hurting.

To sit here and pretend Gore is LEAPS AND BOUNDS better than Matt Forte is a giant stretch.

I have to agree here. I also think its important to remember that the bears had a bye week also so the yardage will be inflated a little more on our side as well. I really think both teams are pretty close to being on equal grounds and are built about the same. Both defenses are very good and adroit at causing turnovers. They however have one of the best receivers in the league in Brandon Marshall but we have one of the best tight ends in the league in Vernon Davis. I think overall our passing games kinda equal out. Their combination of Forte/Bush is pretty much equal to ours of Gore/Hunter. I will say that when Jay Cutler is on, he can make throws that Alex simply cannot, but is more prone to interceptions than Alex as well.

I think the niners have the better o-line obviously so when you put it all out there, barring some very minor differences both teams are a lot alike and I think this will be a defensive low scoring affair. I think the team with home field advantage will take this game, which is us, so I expect something like a 13-10 kind of victory to be plausible.
Originally posted by Olejohnnyboy:
Not worried. Chilo can single handly make a o-line look real bad, real fast! Lol

This, just attack Chilo all game! I'm glad Boon is here!!
Chilo is 5-1
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Chilo is 5-1

The Bears will have an off-day, folding in a night game on the West Coast. It might not be the truest reflection of their capabilities, but Chicago under Lovie Smith has always been very erratic when out of their comfort zone.
When both the 49ers AND Bears are playing near-solid football, the 49ers ALWAYS get the better end of the stick (you could also say we're usually on the same short end of this mystical s**t stick with the Giants).

Cutler is still Cutler, their running game is so/so (our LBs can handle Forte), their only viable WR threat is Brandon Marshall, their defense won't even be facing an elite RB this season until Frank Gore (as they don't play the Vikings until the week following us), and they've been getting torn up/gashed up the middle non-stop by mediocre RBs this season (at the expense of their aging MLB core). -Oh, and CHILO RACHEL IS ON THEIR O-LINE!!!

It'll be tough (like any other game against a quality NFC opponent), but as long as we play our typical brand of football, I don't see how we'd lose to them in our own house.
I bet Costanzo makes some big plays for them on special teams. This game won't be easy. That team has a lot of pride and most of their defense was there when we beat them down the last time.
Alex is more efficient. Cutler has a higher ceiling.

If Cutler goes on a tear (which he does occasionally), there's no way Alex can keep up. Especially when he's facing an aggressive Bears defense. The only chance we have is slowing down Cutler (DEFENSE) and giving the ball to Gore (RUSHING).

If its Alex vs. Cutler, we lose bad. If it's Gore/defense vs. Cutler, we win easily.
The Bears D is still tough and they have two decent weapons in Forte and Marshall. Their offensive line is still a HUGE problem and, if the Niners play up to their capability, they can beat this team.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Axl49:
Not to mention the far better RB and run game this year.

Didnt say gore was just our running game in general we are number one in the league in terms of yards. We have two good backs they just got Forte who is top 10 but who to say Gore isn't. He certainly has the line and numbers so far.
We are built to win against teams like the bears.

Bears Cover 2 = TE friendly, VD should get back involved in this offense
Bears Running Game thrives on Forte and check downs getting him in coverage with line backers = Bowman & Willis can run with Forte and will shut this down
Brandon Marshal, while a matchup nightmare... Culliver does very well on bigger receivers and the secondary has already faced Megatron, similar match up.

It's gonna come down to Cutler avoiding pressure and hitting his #2 and 3 receivers, and Willis & Bowman securing tackles when Forte gets the check down.

If Roman doesnt get stupid with his 1st half play calling, this is gonna look the same as the Seattle game. 20-13 Niners holding off a late comeback for the win.