There are 82 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

WHich high paid player/s will be gone next year? Snd which player is not playing t his con

There is now way we cut the best punter in the NFL...

Some people really undervalue field position sheesh
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
There is now way we cut the best punter in the NFL...

Some people really undervalue field position sheesh

Think about how terrible our ST would be this year without him. Harbaugh is too smart to let him go. Andy Lee plays extremely well into Harbaughs philosophy. No way.
alex smith will retire as a 49er. book it.
MVP Andy lee must stay.I go with wait and see after the season. long wait until monday night
Originally posted by GEEK:
Cut Parys Haralson, Jonathan Goodwin, and C.J. Spillman - that's about $9M in savings

Extend Justin Smith and Donte Whitner - reducing their 2013 cap figure - that should save an additional $3-$4M next season.

We won't be a player in free agency.

Doesn't make sense to cut one of our best ST players in Spillman.

We could save over $10M with Smith, Whitner and Akers being extended.

Lee just got extended, I dont even see a chance he is cut. Would be too big of a dead money cap hit. You have to remember that you dont save the entire salary, you save whatever isn't guaranteed.,
Alex and carlos are going to be released. That saves us a ton of money. Haralson won't if he comes back at 100 percent. The reason Aldon smith isn't getting the pressure lat in games is because he is playing every down instead of just third.m watch haggins come in more on first and second downs to give aldon a breather for thirds and pressure will follow. The only thing that saves Alex is a super bowl.
I don't know what the FO is going to do, I just hope they don't listen to anybody in this thread for advice.
I dont see anyone on that list as a must go, even though i wouldnt be upset if they move Alex and signed a vet to back up Kap. Only if he is ready though. Crabs, Manningham and Williams will be nice for next season. Whitner isnt Roy Williams or nothing so we keep him regardless of his deficiency against the pass. Lee has to stay he helps way to much keeping us winning the field position game. Goodwin has looked pretty good this year and continuiety on our OL would be nice. Rogers is playing good for his contract he never has been a great 1v1 CB he's at his best in zone coverage and can play the run. Spillman stays we need all the ST help we can get lol

I do think Akers and Parys are goners though unless they will come back for less. Only time will tell though. One thing for sure is our future looks bright!!!!
Great post but I think it's waaay to early in the season for this, most Zoners are too fair weather to contribute to a post like this constructively while in the middle of the season. We are 5-2 and people act like we are 2-4. I already see people preaching this mess about letting go of Alex to save x amount on the cap, but in return we would be starting a project quarterback, who I wouldn't even trust to be a game manager, less known a play maker. I would rather see something like this after we see what the money we spent earns us this year (hopefully a superbowl).
[ Edited by 24plus25er on Oct 20, 2012 at 9:49 PM ]
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Anybody noticed that weve allowed 2 100 yard rushers this season while Haralson been injured???? Cant get rid of our best coverage OLB.....

Marshawn Lynch is a different kind of back. Wasn't he the first back to score a running TD on us last year? As for Ahmad Bradshaw, the was a bad game all around for the entire team. Did you notice how the other RBs have looked against us this year? Our run D is fine without Parys Haralson.
Originally posted by MILFS:
alex smith will retire as a 49er. book it.

would be so cool to be true... that means ring 6+... and that, I can so get behind that!


Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Doesn't make sense to cut one of our best ST players in Spillman.

We could save over $10M with Smith, Whitner and Akers being extended.

Lee just got extended, I dont even see a chance he is cut. Would be too big of a dead money cap hit. You have to remember that you dont save the entire salary, you save whatever isn't guaranteed.,

Still making me so sad... I miss you, AB... but you clearly decided you had enough. PM if you ever want to explain further. (I am oldman9er).. and if not? No problem.. just saying... sad to read your POV these days.. but you are very much so entitled.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Great post but I think it's waaay to early in the season for this, most Zoners are too fair weather to contribute to a post like this constructively while in the middle of the season. We are 5-2 and people act like we are 2-4. I already see people preaching this mess about letting go of Alex to save x amount on the cap, but in return we would be starting a project quarterback, who I wouldn't even trust to be a game manager, less known a play maker. I would rather see something like this after we see what the money we spent earns us this year (hopefully a superbowl).


The problem is we are building a great young team. We have to many probowl type players with each coming to the end of their contracts in the same year. This post is not about the money for signing big name players in free-agency: it is about resigning our guys. Let's be fair Bowman and Culliver could land 70 million dollar contracts. They didn't sign fat rookie contracts like Iupati and Davis. We need to lock these guys up soon because a bird in the hand concept is important.. Lee is the best punter in the league bar none. BUT there are many ways to reverse the field, i.e. Blake Costanzo.
I said I wasn't going to come back to this post but I had one more parting shot. We have a lot of extra picks in the coming up draft, maybe TB was doing a little forward thinking and piling up picks so that we would not have to depend on free agency to fill the losses that we are bound to take. If you give up a lot of the guys listed by the OP, we would have enough cash to keep Bowman, Goldson etc. and with the new CBA signing the rookies is no big deal.
Originally posted by MILFS:
alex smith will retire as a 49er. book it.

That may be true and cut this season.. remember the off season NO ONE wanted him and we still overpaid
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by MILFS:
alex smith will retire as a 49er. book it.

That may be true and cut this season.. remember the off season NO ONE wanted him and we still overpaid

awesome spin job, yo...........