There are 186 users in the forums

WHich high paid player/s will be gone next year? Snd which player is not playing t his con

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
We are 3 million under the cap which means not much room. We will make several cuts next year. Top salaries as noted above are:

11 Smith, Alex QB 2014 $9,750,000
22 Rogers, Carlos CB 2015 $7,100,000
15 Crabtree, Michael WR 2014 $5,859,000
59 Goodwin, Jonathan C 2013 $5,016,667
82 Manningham, Mario WR 2013 $4,950,000
31 Whitner, Donte SS 2013 $4,833,333
4 Lee, Andy P 2018 $4,050,000
2 Akers, David PK 2013 $3,606,667
98 Haralson, Parys OLB 2013 $2,870,000

Pretty clear Haralson will be cut, My surprise cut/trade may be Lee. Yep pretty much the best punter in the league but 4 million is pretty expensive. I think that Rodgers gets burned an awful lot for the money he makes. Goodwin is pretty expensive. I truely believe that we could cut this entire list and not see much drop in play.the above list is close to 48 million. There will be dead space money involved, but we could be clear cap space for signing key important long term players such as Bowman, A. Davis, and Mikey Iupati.

As far as contract and poor play, I believe it's Rodgers and Whitner. Pretty big money for those two.

Agree on Rogers. Makes too much for what he has done. Didn't think he played all that well Thursday.

Happy to part with Crab. Since day 1 was just happy to be a millionaire. No heart. Probably not loved by Harbaugh either.
Why everyone so down on Rogers? Dude matches up one on one with a teams top reciever. Outside of Revis island (who makes like 17 million or something), everyone gets beat once in a while. Whens the last time he was beat deep for a td? So he loses a few to Cruz? Big deal, Cruzs is elite and so is the guy throwing him the ball. To expect Rogers to not even give up a 5 yard slant is unrealistic. He's a great cover man and very good against the run. BTW, I thought we were one of the top rated pass defenses. We aren't number 1 in D, because Rogers is mediocare.
I dont see Akers and Whitner being let go. Both should be extended and lower cap figures. Same with Justin Smith.

Alex at 9M isn't worth it, for the fact that he is inconsistent.

Crabs, Manningham are worth keeping.

Goodwin and Haralson are gone or possibly gone.

May come down to Bowman or Goldson being kept.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Why everyone so down on Rogers? Dude matches up one on one with a teams top reciever. Outside of Revis island (who makes like 17 million or something), everyone gets beat once in a while. Whens the last time he was beat deep for a td? So he loses a few to Cruz? Big deal, Cruzs is elite and so is the guy throwing him the ball. To expect Rogers to not even give up a 5 yard slant is unrealistic. He's a great cover man and very good against the run. BTW, I thought we were one of the top rated pass defenses. We aren't number 1 in D, because Rogers is mediocare.

I dont get it, Rogers is worth the money. He is on par with Finnegan and Brandon Carr, who got 50M deals, so Rogers are 29M is a steal.

I don't get all the Rogers criticism myself. It wouldn't me surprise if some are down on him this season because he doesn't have any INT's.
I think whitner is gone. He's being exposed this year with his lack of cover skills. He wasn't exposed last year because we got to the QB a lot more
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Anybody noticed that weve allowed 2 100 yard rushers this season while Haralson been injured???? Cant get rid of our best coverage OLB.....

Haralson being out isnt why we've given up 2 100 yard rushers. Lynch got 100 on us last year and our defense quit against the Giants which is why Bradshaw did.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Anybody noticed that weve allowed 2 100 yard rushers this season while Haralson been injured???? Cant get rid of our best coverage OLB.....

Haralson being out isnt why we've given up 2 100 yard rushers. Lynch got 100 on us last year and our defense quit against the Giants which is why Bradshaw did.

Willis was out that game Lynch got us last year.....This time he took advantage of Haralson....
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Cut Parys Haralson, Jonathan Goodwin, and C.J. Spillman - that's about $9M in savings

Extend Justin Smith and Donte Whitner - reducing their 2013 cap figure - that should save an additional $3-$4M next season.

We won't be a player in free agency.
Originally posted by UKNiners:
Agree on Rogers. Makes too much for what he has done. Didn't think he played all that well Thursday.

Happy to part with Crab. Since day 1 was just happy to be a millionaire. No heart. Probably not loved by Harbaugh either.

I would keep Crabs, he has been consistent at converting 3rd downs lately. Some of those conversions have led to touchdowns or sealed the game for us.

For the people who say Alex isn't worth the $9 million we're paying him... are you guys aware that he's being paid at about the 20th highest QB salary in the NFL? This is considering that young players like Luck, Newton, RGIII, Ponder, and Dalton are still in their rookie contracts.

We are DEFINITELY NOT overpaying Alex. I love the guy, but he's an extremely good value for the level of play he brings for us- steady individual that isn't necessarily the centerpiece of an elite team. Remember that guys like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady make DOUBLE what Alex makes (and accordingly so. They entire team revolves around them)
[ Edited by Wubbie on Oct 20, 2012 at 4:36 PM ]
Originally posted by Mann716:
I think whitner is gone. He's being exposed this year with his lack of cover skills. He wasn't exposed last year because we got to the QB a lot more

Whitner is actually pretty critical to our run defense IMO just like Goldson is important to our pass D. I dont see him going anywhere.
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
We are 3 million under the cap which means not much room. We will make several cuts next year. Top salaries as noted above are:

11 Smith, Alex QB 2014 $9,750,000
22 Rogers, Carlos CB 2015 $7,100,000
15 Crabtree, Michael WR 2014 $5,859,000
59 Goodwin, Jonathan C 2013 $5,016,667
82 Manningham, Mario WR 2013 $4,950,000
31 Whitner, Donte SS 2013 $4,833,333
4 Lee, Andy P 2018 $4,050,000
2 Akers, David PK 2013 $3,606,667
98 Haralson, Parys OLB 2013 $2,870,000

Pretty clear Haralson will be cut, My surprise cut/trade may be Lee. Yep pretty much the best punter in the league but 4 million is pretty expensive. I think that Rodgers gets burned an awful lot for the money he makes. Goodwin is pretty expensive. I truely believe that we could cut this entire list and not see much drop in play.the above list is close to 48 million. There will be dead space money involved, but we could be clear cap space for signing key important long term players such as Bowman, A. Davis, and Mikey Iupati.

As far as contract and poor play, I believe it's Rodgers and Whitner. Pretty big money for those two.

I see it this way:
Alex Smith, Carlos Rogers, Jonathan Goodwin, could be casualties depending on how the cut effects our dead money situation, and how they feel about the developing young players behind them (Kaepernick, Culliver, Looney/Kilgore). In Alex Smith's case, even if they wanted to go with Kaepernick, I think they'd really think about keeping him to compete with Kaep, and serve as a back-up. Unless Kaepernick somehow became the starter this season and was considerably better than Alex, Alex is here for next season as well, in a starter or back-up role.

Kickers and Punters are pretty replaceable, but if Andy Lee and David Akers are still playing at a high level, they stay.

Parys Haralson is definitely a cut, unless he restructures.
Originally posted by SFrush:

I don't get all the Rogers criticism myself. It wouldn't me surprise if some are down on him this season because he doesn't have any INT's.

No TDs??? Forget it, he must be the suxors....
No TDs??? Forget it, he must be the suxors....

Fumble recovery against the jets.
Share 49ersWebzone