LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 264 users in the forums

quarterback controversy

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DirtyP:
How'd those QBs do against the Giants this year?

Wtf does that have to do with anything. You saying the Giants don't have a good defense?

Let me help you out.

You don't know what you're saying.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:
I know there are 2 sides to this debate and many angles. We all love the 49ers and feel passionately about the direction the team should go in. Lets just try to keep this civil and remember we are all 9er fans. Now to the debate. I think for a lot of us it feels like the team is at a crossroads. We have a long break before monday night football and a bye week coming. It seems like if a change is going to be made it will have to be done in these precious weeks. I think even if you are a smith fan you have to be disapointed in his production. I guess the biggest question is can we get more from kaep and still keep turnovers low? I think we can! We run most of the time anyway and kaep is more dynamic at that. We really need to be able to push the ball downfield in our playaction game. Gore and the running backs can only take us so far. Make the change now!

Quarterback controversy for fans maybe. A quarterback controversy with a franchise is when there is a situation with two quarterbacks and the organization needs to decide or commit to one. We have, they aren't talking about switching, so there is no controversy.

Thats why the thread that I made last night was much better than this rip off....
I know there are 2 sides to this debate and many angles. We all love the 49ers and feel passionately about the direction the team should go in. Lets just try to keep this civil and remember we are all 9er fans. Now to the debate. I think for a lot of us it feels like the team is at a crossroads. We have a long break before monday night football and a bye week coming. It seems like if a change is going to be made it will have to be done in these precious weeks. I think even if you are a smith fan you have to be disapointed in his production. I guess the biggest question is can we get more from kaep and still keep turnovers low? I think we can! We run most of the time anyway and kaep is more dynamic at that. We really need to be able to push the ball downfield in our playaction game. Gore and the running backs can only take us so far. Make the change now!

Quarterback controversy for fans maybe. A quarterback controversy with a franchise is when there is a situation with two quarterbacks and the organization needs to decide or commit to one. We have, they aren't talking about switching, so there is no controversy.

I agree. So since there is no controversy, can we please lock this thread?
Originally posted by hofer36:
do you think maybe kaepernick being from UNR might cloud your objectivity Nevada? he couldnt even outrun 330 lb red bryant last night...
No I don't! I didn't even want to draft kaep. I wanted a more turnkey qb who could start from day 1. But after drafting him I though we should just let him start from day 1! I watched kaep every year at college and I have seen every snap smith has taken in the pros. Kaep more pocket presence a better arm and frankly is a more natural qb. I can also tell you this. He will bring a fire to the position that smith has never had. He has that (over my dead body quality) that steve young talks about. Its hard to explain but its there.

but he cant outrun 330 lb red bryant--im mthinking his speed is overstated....
btw did you see the post from appalchianstateloves9ers2 saying daniel kilgore should start over jonathan goodwin--he isnt biased either
Originally posted by Byisgod:

What's the point? Every thread gets turned into the same discussion anyways. We had an Alex thread, a Kap thread, and now and Kap and Alex controversy thread to discuss the exact same s**t that was beat to s**t in those threads.
Originally posted by sacniner:
We've seen this before, it's a re-run. Hill, Troy Smith, David Carr.

Shaun Hill completely outplayed Alex Smith when he was given a chance to play. Troy Smith came in mid season and looked like he almost had as much of a grasp of that offense as Alex did.

refresh my memory, what nfl team is troy smith playing for now
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Nevada no hidden agenda's huh?
Originally posted by PTulini:
We'll know more after the end of the season. We're 5-2 right now, it's not the time to make a switch at QB.

5-2 now, but how will Smith be when it means the most in the postseason? If the Niners had a consistently good QB, this team would be unbeatable. It is ridiculous how wide open are receivers are getting and he is either not seeing them or missing them with the throws. I have given Smith slack in the past, but now his deficiencies are too pronounced. Even if Kaep is inexperienced, I would rather have the possibility of a big play out there with him rather than Smith.
Originally posted by Byisgod:

What's the point? Every thread gets turned into the same discussion anyways. We had an Alex thread, a Kap thread, and now and Kap and Alex controversy thread to discuss the exact same s**t that was beat to s**t in those threads.

I hear ya man.
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
Originally posted by sfout:
lock this ish

"What quarterback controversy?" tackle Joe Staley said. "There's no quarterback controversy."

actually there is controversy in the air.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--direct-snap--niners-would-be-better-off-switching-to-qb-colin-kaepernick-sooner-than-later-.html

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--conservative-play-call-late-raises-question-whether-niners-have-complete-confidence-in-qb-alex-smith-.html

a cloumnist spouting off his opinions doesnt make a controversy
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
Originally posted by sfout:
lock this ish

"What quarterback controversy?" tackle Joe Staley said. "There's no quarterback controversy."

actually there is controversy in the air.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--direct-snap--niners-would-be-better-off-switching-to-qb-colin-kaepernick-sooner-than-later-.html

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--conservative-play-call-late-raises-question-whether-niners-have-complete-confidence-in-qb-alex-smith-.html

a cloumnist spouting off his opinions doesnt make a controversy

He's not the only one. There is clearly a controversy.

Originally posted by jreff22:
classy post bud

and I'm sure with that you will be

lol wow what a crybaby

I'm sure your accumulated 95% has come from well thought-out intelligent posts

Just in case you two think the first four words of the rules don't apply in this thread, they do. You are both about to pick up an extended suspension.
refresh my memory, what nfl team is troy smith playing for now
He's out the league because for the most part he's a journeyman QB and I have a feeling if this organization would of let Alex go say back in 2008 he would have suffered the same fate out the league but here we are still with questions about the man.
No controversy.

Kap is nowhere near ready. He has the tools BUT doesn't know how to use them. His short & mid-range passes need a lot of work.
Originally posted by English:
classy post bud

and I'm sure with that you will be

lol wow what a crybaby

I'm sure your accumulated 95% has come from well thought-out intelligent posts

Just in case you two think the first four words of the rules don't apply in this thread, they do. You are both about to pick up an extended suspension.
disagree/attack the idea and not the poster.

classy post bud

has come from well thought-out intelligent posts

?
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Nevada no hidden agenda's huh?
Originally posted by PTulini:
We'll know more after the end of the season. We're 5-2 right now, it's not the time to make a switch at QB.

5-2 now, but how will Smith be when it means the most in the postseason? If the Niners had a consistently good QB, this team would be unbeatable. It is ridiculous how wide open are receivers are getting and he is either not seeing them or missing them with the throws. I have given Smith slack in the past, but now his deficiencies are too pronounced. Even if Kaep is inexperienced, I would rather have the possibility of a big play out there with him rather than Smith.

The critics counted Alex out in last year's playoff game vs the Saints. We had no chance. That was arguably the best game of his career. Just saying...
Share 49ersWebzone