LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 200 users in the forums

quarterback controversy

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The Smith backers DONT like this........................BUT I DO!!!!

Originally posted by midrdan:
The guy has been playing for 7 years and he made a rookie mistake. That's really unacceptable.

This part did make me chuckle ever so slightly. For real? I have watched Drew Brees throw a idiotic pick 6 at the opposing 10 yard line early this season when he got pressured. Give me break... All QBs.. even the several-year veterans do stupid things.
Originally posted by HearstFan:
Smith needs to chew Harbaugh out - in other words grow some balls or a spine! I know JH and AS are all about TEAM - but at some point you have to call "b******t."

I'd go to his office and s**t the door and tell him

"One - Taking me out in critical situations and putting me back is b******t. If you put Kaep in, let him finish the series. Sticking me in after his baloney failed plays is b******t. So next time you stick him in the game to score a touchdown after I drove the team the length of the field with a successfull strategy and rhythm, you can keep him in."

"Two - Next time I get down there and you wave me off to send in Kaep, I'm not leaving the field. You'll have to call a time out. I'm calling another play from the wrist band and running the play."

"Three - If you call a time out. I'll sit the rest of the game. I'm done with this b******t of Kaep gimmicks that fails, every defense knows how to defend it know, and then I'm told to go in and clean it up."

I'd pay large sums of money to see this......I Smith ever did this I'd hope he ready to move to Canada
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Smith's limitations become more and more evident as the season goes on. Personally, I'm willing to take a step back to take two forward (possibly). There is no upside from here with Smith. The stuff he struggles with he always struggled with and you can't teach.

*He doesn't see the whole field

*He doesn't have good arm strenght (Thats why he throws deep rainbows instead of lazers down field)

* He's a poor decision maker when faced with multiple options.

* Below average pocket presense (not only does he turn his back to line of scrimmage when scrambling, he runs into the arms of the defense)

There is no doubt Kaep has the potential to become a turnover machine, but its also very possible he can put up points that Smith would never get. Kaep could be the next RGIII ( ) or the next Jay Cutler ( ). With that said, its up to the coaches to groom him in they way they want him to play.

I just dont see Smith doing anything that most QBs cant. So unless Kaep is below starting quality, he'll be just fine. Besides, dont you want to know what we have in him before next years draft? The window is always closing.

You have some valid criticisms. I wish we had someone that was better. That would be awesome. Kaep may have aboove average raw talent, although, we know a lot more goes into being a good QB. The mental aspect. Especially considering Kaep's college and system. It's a risky experiment. I really don't want to try it this year unless we really have to.

Thats were we differ. Anyways, I'm 100 percent behind whatever the Niners decide. If Kap can't beat out Smith in practice, I certainly dont want him starting.
There is no controversy. Alex is the starter and is not hurting the team to the point where we lose. He has many weaknesses for the position but he has many strengths that other QB's in the league are not disciplined enough to want to display.

Having said that, if Kaep is ready, he will play. No controversy until he actually plays.
just some facts.

Smiths upside is known.
Kaeps is not.
real starts explores unknowns far more than practice and sporadic appearances ever will.

If you are interested as a Niner fan to find out what Kaep can offer our team it is a no brainer. If you are not interested that probably means you already have concluded what Kaep is or you simply don't want to risk what you view as a season with championship hopes.
[ Edited by danimal on Oct 19, 2012 at 12:38 PM ]
No controversy, alex isn't costing the niners any wins atm so he should start. I honestly believe that kaep just isn't ready to start yet. No good can come from a change while the season is in full swing.
Ted Ginn Jr Returned it to the 50 Yard line and Alex Smith Couldnt Even Get a Yard..Real QB's Move the Chains
Originally posted by adamcarrillo17:
Ted Ginn Jr Returned it to the 50 Yard line and Alex Smith Couldnt Even Get a Yard..Real QB's Move the Chains

Frank Gore is our QB
Four of the last five games have been poor.

Minn, NYJ, NYG and now SEA.

Arizona is probably his last test to solidify his position otherwise Harbaugh and Roman have some serious soul searching to do over the bye week.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000079689/Kaepernick-to-Manningham-for-36-yards

Colin Keapernick Aint Ready haha That Has to Be a Joke..Hes Been Ready Just Give him More Reps
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Frank Gore is our QB

Hes The Only Real Leader on Offense
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000079689/Kaepernick-to-Manningham-for-36-yards

Colin Keapernick Aint Ready haha That Has to Be a Joke..Hes Been Ready Just Give him More Reps

That was an Aaron Rogers type throw.
Go look at what teams Seattle played this year, and see how other QBs fared against them - Romo, Rodgers, Newton, Brady - and compare their performance with Alex's. It is important to consider.
cant wait for the butt hurt when he is still starting after the bye
Share 49ersWebzone