LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 193 users in the forums

Is Frank Gore a Top-10 All Time 49er?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
If you're the best player in the history of a team, at a impact position (like RB), then i agree, you are a in that top 10 category.

I agree. Niners top 10 isnt easy to crack given that we have:

The #1 WR and overall player of all time Jerry Rice
The #1 DB of all time Ronnie Lott
The guy most consider to be the #1 QB of all time Joe Montana

I also think the Niners have the greatest coach of all time in Bill Walsh

Impressive resume to say the least.
You better fvking believe it.
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
once he gets that ring in a couple weeks.. then YES

He is NOT the QB, if they game plan away from him and lose, there is nothing he can be faulted for.

That argument is completely false

I don't ever want to hear this argument again
Maybe 9 or even cracking at #10 but other than that, there is no way he goes over the likes of Montana, Rice, Taylor, Jones, Rathman, Lott, Craig, Young, Wallace, Stubby, Clark.

Even Bar None was one heck of a player.

This is almost like saying does T.O deserve to be in the Top 10.
Originally posted by robniner:
Maybe 9 or even cracking at #10 but other than that, there is no way he goes over the likes of Montana, Rice, Taylor, Jones, Rathman, Lott, Craig, Young, Wallace, Stubby, Clark.

Hahaha
i was one that was hesitant to put him up there in years past. since we got good, played in big games and he delivered in those spots, i dont think there is any question he is a top 10 49er of all time.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
If you're the best player in the history of a team, at a impact position (like RB), then i agree, you are a in that top 10 category.

I agree. Niners top 10 isnt easy to crack given that we have:

The #1 WR and overall player of all time Jerry Rice
The #1 DB of all time Ronnie Lott
The guy most consider to be the #1 QB of all time Joe Montana

I also think the Niners have the greatest coach of all time in Bill Walsh

Impressive resume to say the least.

Not to mention a Top 5-10 All-Time QB great in Young. And Owens, another Top 5 Receiver all-time (at least statistically).

49ers have been spoiled with a lot of great players. If Frank isn't Top 10, it's not cause he wasn't good enough.
1. Frank Gore
2. Roger Craig
3. Hugh Mcelhenny
4. Ricky Watters
5. Garrison Hearst
6. Joe Johnson

Yes, No?
If you hold the record for rushing yardage and TD's on a 62 year old franchise, you are, by definition, a top-10 all timer. Why would anyone even question that?
Assuming Frank stays healthy this year, he'll close on the 10,000 yard mark for his career. Next year, even if he loses carries, he could bust top 20 all time. Where is the HOF line for most yards rushing in a career?

• THEB
  • Veteran
he is the 49ers leading rusher OF ALL TIME. he is absolutely in the top 10, and if he isnt on the list tonight then nfl network is a f**king joke.
Originally posted by robniner:

William Floyd? Really?
If you include Joe Perry's AAFC (folded after 1949, 9ers Join NFL in 50) yards (which the NFL doesn't in the stat book) he had 9723 and 2021 receiving. Gore has 9134 and 2687. So 11821 for Gore, Perry 11744... Gore has more all purpose yards but is still technically 589 away from tying Perry although since they don't count AAFC's yards for the NFL Perry had like 7344 so Gore passed him long ago for that. So assuming no injuries Gore should pass him for real and truly cement himself as the 49ers all time leading rusher.

If you are looking for a list of the 49ers all time leading rushers here it is:
http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/alltime-rushing

I think these guys would be in my top 9. It depends if you rank them based on career or per season.
Frank Gore, Roger Craig, Joe Perry, Hugh McElhenny, Ken Willard, JD Smith, Garrison Hearst, Ricky Watters and Charlie Garner

Hearst, Watters and Garner had amazing years but there stay with us was way too short. And to the question is he a top 10 9er I say yes he should be somewhere near the bottom of the top 10.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 28, 2013 at 4:42 PM ]
Hearst was WAYYY Overrated. Gore has been a better 49er than Hearst.
1. Jerry Rice
2. Joe Montana
3. Ronnie Lott
4. Leo Nomellini
5. Steve Young
6. Dave Wilcox
7. Patrick Willis
8. Jimmy Johnson
9. Bryant Young
10. Bob St. Clair
11. Frank Gore
12. Guy McIntyre
13. Roger Craig
14. Terrell Owens
15. Charles Haley
16. Hugh McIlhenny
17. Gene Washington
18. Justin Smith
19. Billy Wilson
20. Merton Hanks

Honorable Mention: John Taylor, Michael Carter (both criminally underrated)
Share 49ersWebzone