There are 196 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Why doesn't Roman EVER call screens?

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Seen a few to hunter this season, just not good at it. Would be nice to see them have success with the play. It be nice to see any type of successful screen to any skill pos.

middle screens to hunter work so well behind our big ass oline, we ran it last year and got at least a first down out of it every time.

i just don't understand roman sometimes

Remember the middle screen we ran with Hunter this year? Both Goodwin and Staley were available to block down field and both just looked at each other and did nothing as HUnter picked up a few more... but had they actually bothered to block for him? Oh my...
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
our #1s our slowly declining...We haven't changed one bit from last year is our weakness

i'm already looking at loses for This Thursday, Bears and saints

so that puts us at 6-5 heading into December, looks like this is it boys

No one cares if you are "looking at losses" for any given weak. You know nothing. Enjoy the rest of the season if you can allow yourself to.

FYI statically we are maintaining the pace we have had all year, which is substantially better in nearly every statical category on both offense and defense. We are the #1 overall defense, #2 scoring defense and the #1 rushing offense in both total yards and yards per play.
Can we just say that Alex Smith is incapable of throwing a screen pass and leave it as that? Much easier to just blame one guy.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Can we just say that Alex Smith is incapable of throwing a screen pass and leave it as that? Much easier to just blame one guy.

Just like taking a bath in gasoline.
I always wondered. When Alex's head is locked on the guy he wants to throw the ball too. While at home I can see this, I have to wonder what the defense is thinking. The guys who do this for a living and can sniff a telegraphed throw a mile away. I mean if I know who he wants to throw it to, is it even possible the defense doesn't? I am saddened that Andrew Luck already is efficient at things like that and Alex can't even fool nobody fans at home with a beer in their hand.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:

Love this answer!
i honestly think they're saving a s**t ton of plays for later. Sounds dumb, but I think that's the case. I also believe that's why we haven't seen LMJ.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
i honestly think they're saving a s**t ton of plays for later. Sounds dumb, but I think that's the case. I also believe that's why we haven't seen LMJ.

that was last years excuse
Originally posted by BayArea:
I always wondered. When Alex's head is locked on the guy he wants to throw the ball too. While at home I can see this, I have to wonder what the defense is thinking. The guys who do this for a living and can sniff a telegraphed throw a mile away. I mean if I know who he wants to throw it to, is it even possible the defense doesn't? I am saddened that Andrew Luck already is efficient at things like that and Alex can't even fool nobody fans at home with a beer in their hand.

Got this one wrong. One new thing about Alex this year is he has gotten much better at looking in one direction if for no other reason than to throw it to another. It's not every time, but show me a QB that does do it every time.
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

that was last years excuse

Yep that's the standard preseason excuse that seems to be mistakingly used during regular season as well. The coaches should be using every play at their disposal that would give us the best chance to win on that day. There's only 16 regular season games, so they don't have time to hide plays.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

Got this one wrong. One new thing about Alex this year is he has gotten much better at looking in one direction if for no other reason than to throw it to another. It's not every time, but show me a QB that does do it every time.

I will kindly eat my words if you can show one bit of video evidence of this. He seems locked on his target every passing play. I was trying to convince myself all season that Alex had more than one read and failed to find anything to back that up.
Because he'd walk into one
I will kindly eat my words if you can show one bit of video evidence of this. He seems locked on his target every passing play. I was trying to convince myself all season that Alex had more than one read and failed to find anything to back that up.

Well that's not gonna happen tonight. Not available for that sh*t right about now and I'm outta here soon.
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Seen a few to hunter this season, just not good at it. Would be nice to see them have success with the play. It be nice to see any type of successful screen to any skill pos.

middle screens to hunter work so well behind our big ass oline, we ran it last year and got at least a first down out of it every time.

i just don't understand roman sometimes

i hate all the running plays he calls when we get in the red zone.

don't even get me started on that retarded s**t
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

I feel last year he did do a lot better with this, but this year he's regressed. He often looks down his first target and eventually throws it to him. Not 100% of the time, but I still see him do it a lot.