Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Have to admit, as much as I'm a Willis fan, I was a bit disappointed in his reaction to Matt Millen's criticism of his and Bowman's game last Sunday. First, no matter what you think of Millen's acumen as a manager/executive, he was an outstanding backer and had a terrific career. He definitely knows 'backing. Apparently, Willis had no clue who he was and bristled at any criticism, yet virtually admitted it was not one of his (and Bowman's) better days. Maybe Patrick is so used to being fawned over and placed on a pedestal that he can't take criticism? I don't know, but I would hope he's a big enough man to accept it and use it to get even better. As an aside, it never ceases to amaze me that so many modern athletes are so unfamiliar with those who preceded them; even the greats and especially those who played on the same team! As the best linebacker tandem in the NFL, they should be able to take a little heat when their play is below their standards.
Yeah...and in addition Millen has been calling Willis and Bowman the best 2 inside linebackers in the NFL since last year.
. and even more surprised he said as much as he said. usually he's one of the more respectful people on the team.
)!
he's no legend yeah..... but still..........