There are 218 users in the forums

if you we're head coach

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:
If we win how the hell is it lost? You would rather lose with Kap then win with Alex....that is not being a fan of the team....its being a fan of a player.
I guess im an old school 49er fan, superbowl or bust! I dont concede that we are better with smith short or long term.Go 9ers

Kap will not get us to the Superbowl this year any better or easier, in fact it could be worse and chances are it would be. When you are expected to go to the playoffs you dont play QB swap!

I just think its funny people are saying "Alex Smith can't get us to the Super Bowl". Last I checked, he would have if not for a few fumbles late in the game against the Giants.

Say what you will about Smith, the rest of this time can't wait for Kaepernick to go through his learning curve. In case people aren't noticing, the NFC West is locked in a tight race. The last thing the team needs is a massive change at QB.

The other part of that is our guys believe in Smith because he lead the team to the NFCCG. Fans might not see that, but it is the case.

Alex wasn't the reason for almost making the SB, it was the defense, +28 in turnover margin is the reason we did so well. If it wasn't for our defense keeping us in games, we would of went 6-10, and Alex would finally be gone. He IS NOT a franchise QB. Kaep isn't either, we are screwed until we find one.

That does not make sense. Alex is one of the people who contributed to that +28 turnover margin.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
You know, a great question is:

WHERE THE HELL ARE JAMES & JENKINS?

Seriously though. It's scary that CK may 'possibly' start, but these guys would still be inactive.

Insane.

BTW, the guy picked two spots below AJ Jenkins gashed the s**** out of us on returns yesterday.
I really think they were picked for 2013 and beyond. I like the strategy...its almost like rebuilding while you're still competitive.
I coached some high school football ...But I would NEVER second guess an NFL staff

but what I would LIKE to see is ;

1.) The D to sprinkle in some different blitz packages here and there

2.) Limit the CK Packages until the offense finds a groove

3.) Try Moss & Ginn on the field at the same time , lets take a look at that speed in a base package

this team is stacked and talented , no need to panic ...we just need to get back to what works , sunday , we tried TOO MANY different things
Originally posted by CityKing415:
I would trade Kap asap.. I know everybody is obsessed with his athletic ability but I honestly dont think he is an NFL caliber starting QB. and with all the hype he brings it messes with our team chemistry. im sure there are guys in our locker room who would rather have Kap out there.. all the trust has to be with Alex.

Who's to say they're not trying to advertise his skills now with all the insertions (for trade later)?
[ Edited by MrTruth on Oct 16, 2012 at 8:27 AM ]
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
If we win how the hell is it lost? You would rather lose with Kap then win with Alex....that is not being a fan of the team....its being a fan of a player.
I guess im an old school 49er fan, superbowl or bust! I dont concede that we are better with smith short or long term.Go 9ers

Kap will not get us to the Superbowl this year any better or easier, in fact it could be worse and chances are it would be. When you are expected to go to the playoffs you dont play QB swap!

I just think its funny people are saying "Alex Smith can't get us to the Super Bowl". Last I checked, he would have if not for a few fumbles late in the game against the Giants.

Say what you will about Smith, the rest of this time can't wait for Kaepernick to go through his learning curve. In case people aren't noticing, the NFC West is locked in a tight race. The last thing the team needs is a massive change at QB.

The other part of that is our guys believe in Smith because he lead the team to the NFCCG. Fans might not see that, but it is the case.

Alex wasn't the reason for almost making the SB, it was the defense, +28 in turnover margin is the reason we did so well. If it wasn't for our defense keeping us in games, we would of went 6-10, and Alex would finally be gone. He IS NOT a franchise QB. Kaep isn't either, we are screwed until we find one.

That does not make sense. Alex is one of the people who contributed to that +28 turnover margin.

This. People are reaching.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

He thinks that margin only applies to the defense.
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:

i know right, AS was great at taking sacks to secure the TO battle
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Yeah, we had Hastings and Swain trying to get open.

Moss and Mannigham must suck too

Moss isn't on the field enough and Smith has some nice chemistry with Manningham and it's getting better. Did you hear what they said about Manning and Stokely last night? It takes years to get that kind of timing/chemistry down.

Really good post.

A). The sky is not falling. BUT I feel frustrated like many in the zone.

I think the priorities need to be:

1 - Fix the pass rush ASAP. It could be with a combination of blitz packages and DLine rotation. If JH/Coaches are so high on Dobbs and Tukafu[sp] then play them. We need to see what these guys can do. If they can't cut it - then cut them and get someone who can. The DLine is wearing down and we aren't half-way through the season..

2). Start using Moss a lot more.

3). I don't believe Alex or Kap are franchise QB's. Still, you have to play the hand your dealt - so Alex is our best shot at getting to the playoffs. Still give Kap playing time BUT NOT when Alex is on a roll.

4). Start playing Jacobs immediately! We're paying the guy - so use him. If he can't produce then adios and get rid of him.

5).
Sorry about that.

5). Activate both LMJ & Jenkins and use their speed.

6). Lots more of Gore & Hunter
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Sorry about that.

5). Activate both LMJ & Jenkins and use their speed.

6). Lots more of Gore & Hunter

They could throw them on special teams for starters, gotta get their feet wet somehow

Moss isn't on the field enough and Smith has some nice chemistry with Manningham and it's getting better. Did you hear what they said about Manning and Stokely last night? It takes years to get that kind of timing/chemistry down.

Decker and Manning must have went to college together, they look pretty good?

Decker and Manning must have went to college together, they look pretty good?

Decker was wide open most of the time and attacked passes that were scary throws according to Chucky last night. BTW Manning needed his defense to win that game just like Alex did against the Eagles.
Share 49ersWebzone