There are 224 users in the forums

This is NOT a GREAT TEAM in 2012.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by goldstandard333:
Difference is we had a future HOF QB who stepped up and had an all time great season after that game.

He sure didn't look like a future HOF QB in that game. The point is you are trying to make a prediction on the rest of the season based on one game. The 49ers are still a very good football team and most likely will win the division and make the playoffs. We just need to let the season play out. The Giants game spun out of control due to several factors which can be corrected. It's not like the Giants and Manning were simply driving up and down the field against our defense. 13 of their points came as a result of special teams breakdowns or turnovers deep in our territory. These are mistakes that we don't normally make. I agree that Special Teams hasn't been nearly as good this year, but overall this team is better than last year. I guarantee you that last year the 49ers could not have gone into Lambaugh Field and dominated the Packers the way they did in Week 1. Moreover, while they may have beaten teams like the Jets and Bills, they would not have totally trounced them as they did this year. The 49ers are 4-2 and have 3 division games coming up. If they win the next three, all of a sudden they are 7-2 and on their way to winning the division. It's definitely no time to panic. I just think Thursday night can't come soon enough.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Lulz Sandiago's post after Ravens loss last year

So where does that leave us?

Ravens: Loss.
Rams: Win.
Cardinals: Loss.
Steelers: Loss.
Seahawks: Loss.
Rams: Win or loss.

I only see 1 winnable game left. Our redzone offense and offensive line are horrific. We have take a massive step back in regression. 11 - 5 or maybe 10 - 6 final record. We have been exposed. Zone blitz against the run and pass. We can't beat that. The formula is there.So we limp into the playoffs like this and it's 1 and done. Anybody who thinks otherwise is crazy at this point. This is not an offense that wins in the playoffs. Forget the #2 seed BTW.
The study of history is not meant to be used to draw complete analogs, i.e., you cannot use it to predict exactly what is going to happen at any given time. So we lost a game in 1994 where we looked like s**t.

Great.

We also lost 14 games in 2004 in which we looked like s**t.

This team isn't as strong as the team we fielded last season, as our two complete collapses thus far demonstrate. It would be great to imagine that this team is capable of winning it all. In being pessimistic instead, I would sure rather be proven wrong in the coming weeks than proven right. Don't mistake a worry with a wish--none of the fans WANT us to be bad. But we didn't want us to lose this last game either, and it's not being a "crybaby" to point out that this team may not be everything we hoped for.
[ Edited by ninermedic on Oct 16, 2012 at 2:31 AM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We got wiped out by the Giants. It's not even as close as the score shows. We dropped off from 13 - 3. We aren't that good anymore. We can't play with the big boys.

granted we had an easier schedule last year, dropping to 12-4 or even 11-5 wouldnt be a disappointment.

we wernt supposed to be beat New Orleans New York or Pittsburg last year, but we did. We can play with the big boys

How can you say that we're not good though? Last year, the talk was "if the niners play GB, can they win?" blah blah blah. Guess what, we came out and won against one of the best teams in the league, regardless of records. We beat GB AT LAMBEAU and then people wanna make BS excuses. We beat Detroit, Who cares if theyre playing like crap this year. We got better if anything. Yeah we lost to Minny and people want to say that we suck because we lost, Minn beat Detroit and a few others. "The Niners havnt beat anyone with a winning record". We beat two teams who were 5-0 at this point last year(3 teams if you want to include the Bills. Thats crap. Brady, Brees, Rogers could all have 0 wins, but that doesnt mean you dont take them seriously. We're talking Aaron "im gonnav throw 6Tds on the best team in the league" Rogers", So why dont we get credit for beating Rogers and Stafford or even Fitzpatrick. These are teams that put up numbers and we beat them yet people are so quick to put an astrisk on the wins. "we arnt that good anymore". smh. We got better. We have one ugly meltdown week and all of a sudden "we cant play with the big boys". Once again, Rogers and Stafford are "big boys". Fitzpatrick puts up "bog boy" numbers. Ponder is playing lights out and showing what he learned in the offseason, Manning is an Underrated "big boy" so dont say we're not good. We lost to a good team. IT HAPPENS. But the thing is, losing to a good team doesnt make you a bad team. Its the AnyGiveSunday factor. The Hawks and Cards both beat the Pats for crying out loud. It happens. We'll bounce back, and if we dont, then you can scold me
i will be so mad if this is a troll. there will be a plethora of emojis lol.
OUr team is great, we just arnt utilizing our weapons. Anybody in the world would tell you to put Moss and Davis on the field at the same time but for some reason, Greg Roman doesnt see that. If Moss was brought in to stretch defenses and open underneath routes, why do we keep him on the sidelines. I imagine that moving the ball would be fairly simple with Moss, Davis and Manningham on the field or even KW.
At the rate we are going we will finish 11-5. What is not great about that? We are 4-2 with losses to first place teams and, if you'll remember, we are STILL in first place as well. We have three division games in a row coming up. If we can take care of business we will be 7-2 with a commanding division lead. Stop whining and just have faith. Our defense is still VERY good. Our offense is much improved. We still have a great coaching staff. We just had a bad game while our opponent played the best they have all year. Guess what, Houston lost. Guess what else, the Falcons almost lost to the Raiders. The Giants have lost twice too. And one of those losses was to the Cowboys. Even GREAT teams lose a few games here and there.
We got wiped out by the Giants. It's not even as close as the score shows. We dropped off from 13 - 3. We aren't that good anymore. We can't play with the big boys.

So we already beat two playoff teams from last year going into week 7, yet losing to the reigning champs means we aren't ready to play with the big boys?

Overreaction much?
Originally posted by Loco49er:
Like Harbaugh says, "You get better or you get worse"...this team got worse. Passing offernse still sucks, pass rush is gone and special teams suck.

The passing offense doesn't suck. It's fine when working. The first two drives showed that it would have worked if the niners stayed with the game plan of passing and running. We didn't to go full retard and start switching up our QBs. Plus, Smith made three awful throws for INTs. No excuses on those.
Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by Loco49er:
Like Harbaugh says, "You get better or you get worse"...this team got worse. Passing offernse still sucks, pass rush is gone and special teams suck.

The passing offense doesn't suck. It's fine when working. The first two drives showed that it would have worked if the niners stayed with the game plan of passing and running. We didn't to go full retard and start switching up our QBs. Plus, Smith made three awful throws for INTs. No excuses on those.

THIS. Everyone is forgetting about those first two drives! We were moving the ball really well!
I said it before the season and I stand by my statement now. We are a better team than last year, but will lose more games in the regular season. We have way more passing potential and we have seen flashes of it many times this season. The run game is still one of the best, the defense still one of the best, the line is improved. If we can gain a little consistancy we will see the Giants again in a NFC championship rematch....and thats the game I care about.

If we lose to Seattle then I will be officially worried.
It's not the 60's with the Green Bay Packers, or the 70's with the Pittsburgh Steelers, or the 80's with the San Francisco 49ers. I don't include the Patriots because they eked by in all their contested wins. A case can be made with the 90's Cowboys but what self-respecting 49er fan gives them credit for anything. The point is the best team is changing every week. The 49er team offense is a work in progress. Watch the Giants get beat by the Skins and then if the Pack wins we go full circle to who the best is. Point is there is too much info out there and the people providing it are personalities. Some of the ex-players give good commentary but most get caught in the hype game and the listen to me game.
Read this a few times over the last couple days and just wanted to point out that the Jets and Bills are both 3-3 and were talking about them like they're the 0-16 Lions from a few years back. I know they're not great teams but the Bills just beat the now 4-2 Cardinals on the road, and the Jets destroyed the Colts after playing the Texans fairly well on MNF the week before. 79-3 against ANY two NFL teams is impressive.

This is just not a 13 - 3 good team. I think we can do pretty well. But the OLB pass rusher problems and huge special teams problems lead me to believe a lot more losses are coming. We can still run Gore a lot and play defense. But the thing is our defense is not quite as good this year IMO. Pass rushers at OLB are very thin. And our special teams which would win so many close games for us has dramatically dropped off. It's a bad special teams. It not only won't win games for us. It will lose them. The coaching is too gimmicky. Too many tricks and too much QB rotation. Pound Gore and play defense would be our best bet. But with our awful special teams and OLB being thin I don't think we are even as good at the basics. I'm not completely convinced we are even as good as 4 - 2. We might be a little worse than that.

I am thinking of making a new version of the movie TITANIC. Would you be interested in a job? I still need a spot filled. Someone to run around screaming on the top deck with a bullhorn, "OMGzzzz everyone, we are all gonna die!!! we are screwed!!!!"

Give the word if you are the man for the job, and I'll send a chopper to pick you up.
Originally posted by sacniner:

Our schedule is WAY harder this year. I think most people knew our record wouldn't be as good this year. I hope this is the worst we will play all year and we can learn from this. Our hard a55 schedule will hopefully prepare us for the playoffs.

Dude, we are good. We beat GB on the road week one. We dominated Detroit. Raped the Jets and Bills (I know they suck but we raped both teams). We are part of the elite in the NFL

This game doesn't lead me to believe we are elite. We got destroyed in every category. Offense, defense and special teams and coaching.

So I guess then the Giants arent that good of a team look at week 1 they lost to the Cowpukes a team where T Romo in 1 game alone had more INTs than A Smith. Theres alot of people here in the Dallas area I know that have told me they'd take A Smith in a trade with T Romo ANYDAY
Share 49ersWebzone