There are 120 users in the forums

Building a bully, CK, and other post-Giants comments

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by English:
Are you seriously suggesting that, one third of the way through the season and still looking good for the playoffs, that we start our second string qb next game and our third stringer the week after ?

LMAO
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
The Giants totally had our number.

They beat us on Special Teams.

They beat us in the trenches on both sides of the ball - this was the real key to the loss.

They out-coached us.

When the defense doesn't completly dominate we tend to lose....

If f our receivers don't get separation - we lose.
fixed!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niner_Fan:
This loss was a collective one for sure... I don't understand how that happens coming off of such a big win over the Bills and playing at home to only put up 3 points if I'm a coach I have to look everywhere what's wrong with my team.... we see way to many coaches not making personal changes when they need to and they just keep loosing look at the Jets and Mark Sanchez.

We could be a a lot better team with a few key changes I say pull Smith CK and Tolzien both look good I say give them one full game each and make a decision Smith is not our long haul franchise QB and we need to get rid of Kyle Williams and Ted Gin on kick off returns put Kendall Hunter as our kick return guy and if Akers is gonna start missing what should be easy FG's replace him to!
sorry bud, you do not do this in the regular season. I am not going to make fun of you cuz you and all fans feel bad enough about last week and I know you are just trying to find answers. your theory would not work just as this two quarterback rotating system is hurting us at times. we had a awfull loss but it is no cause for a fire sale. kendall hunter is not an answer on returns. we are playing ginn for one year so that is his job. akers gets a long leash in my opinion. I think our problems center around the line play offensivly and lack of a damn pass rush, not to mention the coaches mukking things up at times with challenges that should not be challenged and killing your rythm by pulling alex and sticking ck in there. i think the coach is f**king with both of thier heads and it bit him in his ass sunday
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
The Giants totally had our number.

They beat us on Special Teams.

They beat us in the trenches on both sides of the ball - this was the real key to the loss.

They out-coached us.

When the defense doesn't completly dominate we tend to lose....

If f our receivers don't get separation - we lose.
fixed!
all of this esp line play on both sides of the ball. also maybe our players need to stop so much s**t talking and just play the damn game. i go by what people do and not what they say, yesterday as a group they did nothing
I am basing my statement over what I have watched from last season and this season they just keep making the same mistakes and yes I would make the changes if I thought it would win the games that really count Smith is on and off you can't have a QB who is only good against a weak team and our kick off returns have been bad put better guys out there and give the offense better field position to start a possession I agree it's not the only issues we have but I would start there
Lol @ people trying to blame the offensive line for this one. Our play at QB completely stymied our offense and defense yesterday. Extremely poor decisions all night
[ Edited by DirtyP on Oct 15, 2012 at 9:13 AM ]
It was more of the same the opening drive looked good we get down field and A Smith chokes and can't get us in the end zone again game down hill from there
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Lol @ people trying to blame the offensive line for this one. Our play at QB completely stymied our offense and defense yesterday. Extremely poor decisions all night
i agree t,, the quarterback or backs get no pass in this game. I was just upset to see us getting sacked so much and eli staying nice and clean. i think our line does have some major issues which have been exposed when we play good teams but that is taking nothing away from your theory to.
WTf folks suggesting we bench Smith and just throw in back ups. What NFL have you guys been paying attention to the last 20 plus years. Yea let's just play shuffle board with the qb's.
americas story is gonna explain how they treated this game like a pre-season game. How Thursday is the more important game. managing this new thursday scheduling.
[ Edited by keeferr75 on Oct 15, 2012 at 10:04 AM ]

• ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by verb1der:
I agree that it messes with Alex's rhythm. For instance yesterday....Alex completed a deep bomb to Moss (I thought that ball was going to get rolling), on the very next play, Kaep comes in and gets sacked for an 11 yard loss...then Alex comes in and is placed in a long yardage situation.

That pissed me off. Not the time to take Smith out.

Ya you can't expect your QB to perform well when you take him out after every other play

One drive
Alex 55 yard bomb to Moss
Kaepernick comes in, sacked for 10 yard loss
Alex comes in on 2nd and 22- Incomplete pass
3rd and 22, Alex to hunter for 6 yards
4th and 16- 7 yard pass
Putting Kaepernick in killed the drive

Another Drive
we drove to NYG's 29 yard line (Alex had 41 yards that drive)
1st and 10 we run up the middle, lose 1 yard
2nd and 11, we put Kaepernick in
3rd and 7 Alex comes back in, pass incomplete to Crabtree
Alex drove the offense down the field, putting Kaepernick in ruined another drive

Another Drive.
1st and 10 Alex is in, we run for 2 yards
2nd and 7 Kaepernick comes in we do a reverse to Manningham for 7 yards
3rd and 1 false start on Leonard Davis
3rd and 6 Alex pass INT'd
Another Drive where Kaep came in randomly

And another drive..
1st and 10- Alex to Crabtree for a 15 yard gain
1st and 10...Kaepernick in 6 yard pass to Crabtree
2nd and 4 ..Kaepernick still in, Hunter runs for 6 yards.
1st and 10..Kaepernick in, pass incomplete
2nd and 10. Kaepernick in, rush for -1 yards
3rd and 11, Alex back in.. sacked
Another drive where Alex is forced into a crappy situation cause we played Kaep on 1st and 2nd down. Alex has to come in in a crappy 3rd and long situation.

This needs to stop..
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niner_Fan:
It was more of the same the opening drive looked good we get down field and A Smith chokes and can't get us in the end zone again game down hill from there

No..

Alex drove our offense to Giants 30
1st and 10 Alex scrambles for 4 yards
2nd and 6 Alex incomplete pass to Crabtree
3rd and 6, Kaepernick comes in and we do a option run

It was more of stupid play calling than "Alex choking" that drive. Our offense looked great that drive than we decided to do a freakin option run with Kaepernick on 3rd and 6
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by verb1der:
I agree that it messes with Alex's rhythm. For instance yesterday....Alex completed a deep bomb to Moss (I thought that ball was going to get rolling), on the very next play, Kaep comes in and gets sacked for an 11 yard loss...then Alex comes in and is placed in a long yardage situation.

That pissed me off. Not the time to take Smith out.

Ya you can't expect your QB to perform well when you take him out after every other play

One drive
Alex 55 yard bomb to Moss
Kaepernick comes in, sacked for 10 yard loss
Alex comes in on 2nd and 22- Incomplete pass
3rd and 22, Alex to hunter for 6 yards
4th and 16- 7 yard pass
Putting Kaepernick in killed the drive

Another Drive
we drove to NYG's 29 yard line (Alex had 41 yards that drive)
1st and 10 we run up the middle, lose 1 yard
2nd and 11, we put Kaepernick in
3rd and 7 Alex comes back in, pass incomplete to Crabtree
Alex drove the offense down the field, putting Kaepernick in ruined another drive

Another Drive.
1st and 10 Alex is in, we run for 2 yards
2nd and 7 Kaepernick comes in we do a reverse to Manningham for 7 yards
3rd and 1 false start on Leonard Davis
3rd and 6 Alex pass INT'd
Another Drive where Kaep came in randomly

And another drive..
1st and 10- Alex to Crabtree for a 15 yard gain
1st and 10...Kaepernick in 6 yard pass to Crabtree
2nd and 4 ..Kaepernick still in, Hunter runs for 6 yards.
1st and 10..Kaepernick in, pass incomplete
2nd and 10. Kaepernick in, rush for -1 yards
3rd and 11, Alex back in.. sacked
Another drive where Alex is forced into a crappy situation cause we played Kaep on 1st and 2nd down. Alex has to come in in a crappy 3rd and long situation.

This needs to stop..

good god.. when you put it right out there in black and white,,,, this is just awfull coaching. no wonder we got our ass kicked. i hate looking at this but i am glad you posted this. this s**t has to stop coach
ImaMod, nice breakdown. It makes it even clearer that the experiment should be over now. I don't think a two QB system has ever worked, on any level.
Originally posted by ImaMod:
No..

Alex drove our offense to Giants 30
1st and 10 Alex scrambles for 4 yards
2nd and 6 Alex incomplete pass to Crabtree
3rd and 6, Kaepernick comes in and we do a option run

It was more of stupid play calling than "Alex choking" that drive. Our offense looked great that drive than we decided to do a freakin option run with Kaepernick on 3rd and 6

Yeah you got it right he got us down there and as you said he had to scramble only 4 yards gained then an incomplete pass now it's third and 6 what do you do? he bobbled that drive coach sends in CK to try to save the drive
[ Edited by Niner_Fan on Oct 15, 2012 at 10:28 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone