LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 230 users in the forums

Building a bully, CK, and other post-Giants comments

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The Giants just sat on all of the routes Smith throws (Wheels, slants, outs, short crosses). After that, there was no where to go.

Its clear Smith wasn't confident in throwing the ball up the field. He started forcing the short s**t or his wheel route and they were all over it.

Th
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Did we watch the same game? What "sticky" throws did CK complete. He made one nice throw to end the half. Besides that?

I hope he is as good as some think, but if he makes one good pass it gets blown out of proportion. Unless I am just missing some other completions he made.
Where have you been? He is 8 for 14 on completions over 2 years and ran the ball 12 times, plus 2 kneel downs. Sounds like he has shown enough to start for me.

I can't tell whether you're serious or not but either way

I figured mentioning the kneel downs would trip the sarcasm meter.
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by verb1der:
I agree that it messes with Alex's rhythm. For instance yesterday....Alex completed a deep bomb to Moss (I thought that ball was going to get rolling), on the very next play, Kaep comes in and gets sacked for an 11 yard loss...then Alex comes in and is placed in a long yardage situation.

That pissed me off. Not the time to take Smith out.

Ya you can't expect your QB to perform well when you take him out after every other play

One drive
Alex 55 yard bomb to Moss
Kaepernick comes in, sacked for 10 yard loss
Alex comes in on 2nd and 22- Incomplete pass
3rd and 22, Alex to hunter for 6 yards
4th and 16- 7 yard pass
Putting Kaepernick in killed the drive

Another Drive
we drove to NYG's 29 yard line (Alex had 41 yards that drive)
1st and 10 we run up the middle, lose 1 yard
2nd and 11, we put Kaepernick in
3rd and 7 Alex comes back in, pass incomplete to Crabtree
Alex drove the offense down the field, putting Kaepernick in ruined another drive

Another Drive.
1st and 10 Alex is in, we run for 2 yards
2nd and 7 Kaepernick comes in we do a reverse to Manningham for 7 yards
3rd and 1 false start on Leonard Davis
3rd and 6 Alex pass INT'd
Another Drive where Kaep came in randomly

And another drive..
1st and 10- Alex to Crabtree for a 15 yard gain
1st and 10...Kaepernick in 6 yard pass to Crabtree
2nd and 4 ..Kaepernick still in, Hunter runs for 6 yards.
1st and 10..Kaepernick in, pass incomplete
2nd and 10. Kaepernick in, rush for -1 yards
3rd and 11, Alex back in.. sacked
Another drive where Alex is forced into a crappy situation cause we played Kaep on 1st and 2nd down. Alex has to come in in a crappy 3rd and long situation.

This needs to stop..

GREAT JOB putting in the work to summarize yesterday's silliness! What the heck were the coaches thinking? Maybe you expect an OC to get carried away, but why didn't JH put a stop to it?? At some point a HC needs to step up and say "Hey, this is going sideways - let's get back to our strengths!" And hopefully a good HC does it early before the loss is set in stone.

To your point on the bomb to Moss -- When you gouge a team with a big play the offense needs to hurry up and get the next play off while the defense is off balance. Instead, they substitute in new personell, huddle, and give the D time to get re-set. Horrible!
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
The Giants just sat on all of the routes Smith throws (Wheels, slants, outs, short crosses). After that, there was no where to go.

Its clear Smith wasn't confident in throwing the ball up the field. He started forcing the short s**t or his wheel route and they were all over it.

Th

That is exactly what happened. Alex doesn't do enough well and he needs his receivers to get separation. If you look at all of Eli's throws there were 49ers close, but the passes were thrown so that the WR would make plays, and the WR did make plays.
Share 49ersWebzone