There are 64 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Receivers need to attack the ball!

Originally posted by Faraz80:
No offense, but this is the 8th year running that we're still blaming Alex's receivers for bad balls. Every QB has bad throws; every game has a set of passes that shouldve been caught/adjusted to.

This has become a norm with Alex. Everytime he throws a bad ball / pick, we all come out and find some way to blame the receiver(s). That first ball was poorly thrown. It hung in the air; Alex didnt note the zone coverage. It wasnt as if the DB had to run and make a play at it. He sat in his spot and the ball literally "floated" to him. Delanie has been horrible this season, but that was just a bad throw. Nothing more to it than that, in my opinion.

Funny... He didn't get any blame the previous week.
Originally posted by MrTruth:
Originally posted by Faraz80:
No offense, but this is the 8th year running that we're still blaming Alex's receivers for bad balls. Every QB has bad throws; every game has a set of passes that shouldve been caught/adjusted to.

This has become a norm with Alex. Everytime he throws a bad ball / pick, we all come out and find some way to blame the receiver(s). That first ball was poorly thrown. It hung in the air; Alex didnt note the zone coverage. It wasnt as if the DB had to run and make a play at it. He sat in his spot and the ball literally "floated" to him. Delanie has been horrible this season, but that was just a bad throw. Nothing more to it than that, in my opinion.

Funny... He didn't get any blame the previous week.

Loss = 100% Alex's fault. Always...unless his name is Kyle Williams...oh wait, 1 for 13. Never mind.

PS: Are we talking about WR's?
[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 15, 2012 at 6:44 PM ]
Like I said, if the receivers were average, then Jenkins would see playing time. Why do you guys think LMJ isn't seeing playing time.

Now, why do you guys think Kaepernick is seeing playing time. Surely he isn't as talented as Jenkins and LMJ considering out receivers are weak and LMJ is just damn talented.

The writing is on the wall...believe what you will...but the writing is there.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Like I said, if the receivers were average, then Jenkins would see playing time. Why do you guys think LMJ isn't seeing playing time.

Now, why do you guys think Kaepernick is seeing playing time. Surely he isn't as talented as Jenkins and LMJ considering out receivers are weak and LMJ is just damn talented.

Jacobs isn't playing and Dixon is trash.........
Originally posted by jreff22:

And neither are better than Gore or quicker than Hunter. There's a reason why we Jacobs and LMJ and Dixon aren't seeing valuable playing time. Our WRs are better than we want to think or Jenkins would get spots in games to develop quickly.

Yet, our starting QB is the only one losing PT in critical situations.

Do you guys thinks Jets would even let Tebow get considerable snaps if Sanchez was considered really good and it were his WRs fault most of the time?

First indication of a players value is his contract.
Second indication is his playing time.

It's not our WRs.
Did you just see Stokley catch the Manning TD in the 4th quarter of the Chargers-Broncos Game? Manning threw the ball right into what looked like a fully cover receiver and Stokely came down with the touchdown. I ask you...

Have you ever seen a 49ers receiver make that kind of catch?? No wonder JH and AS don't throw it into tight places and LET / HOPE the receiver make a play. Every darn time they do it doesn't turn out well.

I will admit, VD takes some shots and makes the catch - but he doesn't exactly go up and take the ball away from others -- the ball has to be right into him.

MAYBE that is changing the Moss (sometimes) and Manningham are changing this? Manningham seems to be willing to make the tough catches and as such is becoming a favored target.

But again, I hate to harp :) - but this is why we should have drafted a big, tough, go-get-the-ball target -- not another "shifty" speedy small guy. We have enough darn small guys!!

And neither are better than Gore or quicker than Hunter. There's a reason why we Jacobs and LMJ and Dixon aren't seeing valuable playing time. Our WRs are better than we want to think or Jenkins would get spots in games to develop quickly.

Do you guys thinks Jets would even let Tebow get considerable snaps if Sanchez was considered really good and it were his WRs fault most of the time?

It's not our WRs.
Its not about being better then Gore or Hunter....its having another weapon that we could use. Maybe getting LMJ a screen pass goes the distance?

I disagree about the WR's. Ginn doesnt do anything and Moss is never on the field. Can you really say Ginn is better?

Kap running the ball means he is more dangerous then Gore in your analogy.

It's not our WRs.

Ignoring the fact that Kaep still looks like a huge project still and LMJ is a poor man's Reggie Bush, And most likely that Jenkins probably wouldn't be able to get off the line of scrimmage. Now if your talking about hieroglyphics then yes the writing is all on the wall.
41,785 posts and most of it is hate and BS
Can't blame the receivers anymore.

Manningham and Moss both had success running deep and getting open deep for big plays.
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:
Something I noticed during the game. The Delanie Walker INT could have been avoided had Delanie attacked the ball instead of waiting for it to land in his hands.

Really? I read only this part of your post and then realized your a Alex Smith supporter.A blind Alex Smith supporter. I respect any one who truly believes Alex Smith is the QB of the future but only if this person actually takes a hard look at his performance. I would tell you to watch the replay but it would not matter to you because you like many blind Alex Smith supporters believe he have never thrown a legitimate interception. IT'S PATHETIC!
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Moss STILL attacks the ball like a mofo. He needs to be used more often, not just as a decoy. He almost came down with that bomb from Kaep, and he was TRIPLE COVERED!!!

We need to get Moss more involved.
Originally posted by HearstFan:
Did you just see Stokley catch the Manning TD in the 4th quarter of the Chargers-Broncos Game? Manning threw the ball right into what looked like a fully cover receiver and Stokely came down with the touchdown. I ask you...

Have you ever seen a 49ers receiver make that kind of catch?? No wonder JH and AS don't throw it into tight places and LET / HOPE the receiver make a play. Every darn time they do it doesn't turn out well.

I will admit, VD takes some shots and makes the catch - but he doesn't exactly go up and take the ball away from others -- the ball has to be right into him.

MAYBE that is changing the Moss (sometimes) and Manningham are changing this? Manningham seems to be willing to make the tough catches and as such is becoming a favored target.

But again, I hate to harp :) - but this is why we should have drafted a big, tough, go-get-the-ball target -- not another "shifty" speedy small guy. We have enough darn small guys!!

WTF man. You just don't get it. This whole post is full of FAIL.
[ Edited by SFL49ER on Oct 15, 2012 at 8:50 PM ]
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Originally posted by HearstFan:

WTF man. You just don't get it. This whole post is full of FAIL.

The problem is, Alex doesn't pull the trigger and thread the needle into tight spaces. Alex doesn't throw to receivers who appear to be covered.
People don't know who you are b***hing about. And the 5 well placed, tight window, highly accurate, into great coverage, beautiful passes from Alex Smith in his entire career have been documented.

When he fi anally tried that 'Manning' s**t this weekend, we all seen what happened. That's what makes your post a fail.
[ Edited by SFL49ER on Oct 15, 2012 at 9:04 PM ]