LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

Out-coached!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Apone
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
More like out QB'd

No. Look at the stats line. 8 carries for Gore. He doesn't even touch the ball in the last 40 minutes of the game. VD? Put him in the back of the milkcarton. Yes Smith had a s**t game. But they got out coached. Even in some of those INT's Smith threw, you could see the Giants were position perfectly to make a play. After playing 2 worst defenses, Roman starting sniffing his fart too much and believing he was the next offensive geniuses.
I don't want to make a big deal of this and its just 2 games. I just shook my head over and over though watching it happen again today. We just look like we have no come from behind ability. Just a couple of things and I'll have to re-watch the game to make sure I saw what I saw. Most of our deep route play calls seem to come off of play action plays. I watched Smith or Kaep doing this silly fake hand off over and over and I'm thinking, who are we trying to fool? Not the Giants lol. I barely saw any shotgun which helps the QB see the field better, move around more, and keep his eyes down field. The other thing is I don't like the carrousel QB thing. I know Moss got a deep one from Kaep but you can't expect either guy to get into a rhythm in a come from behind....oh and one last thing, I know atleast a few times we made stupid penalties that kept us from 3rd and short to putting us at 3rd and long. I put that on the players though.

I'm not freaking out. As I have gotten older I don't let wins and losses ruin my day. It is what it is. But watching us try to muster some kind of fluid offense coming from behind looked comical and totally forced.
[ Edited by WhoGotItBetterThenUs on Oct 14, 2012 at 8:46 PM ]
Originally posted by Apone:
More like out QB'd

No. Look at the stats line. 8 carries for Gore. He doesn't even touch the ball in the last 40 minutes of the game. VD? Put him in the back of the milkcarton. Yes Smith had a s**t game. But they got out coached. Even in some of those INT's Smith threw, you could see the Giants were position perfectly to make a play. After playing 2 worst defenses, Roman starting sniffing his fart too much and believing he was the next offensive geniuses.

Stop making excuses, what will be the excuse on our loss this Thursday? Only 4 days to prepare ?
More like out QB'd

Stop making excuses, what will be the excuse on our loss this Thursday? Only 4 days to prepare ?

Maybe that's a good thing? Not enough time for Roman to come up with a s**tty game plan? Force him to go back to the basics? Im grasping
  • Apone
  • Veteran

Who the hell is making excuses? Right stating the facts is making excuses. Smith had a f**king s**tty day, but to blame the whole brunt of the loss on Smith is asinine. And right by you blaming mostly everything on Smith and ignoring everything else is not making an excuse, oh the irony.
[ Edited by Apone on Oct 14, 2012 at 10:08 PM ]

Who the hell is making excuses? Right stating the facts is making excuses. Smith had a f**king s**tty day, but to blame the whole brunt of the loss on Smith is asinine. And right by you blaming mostly everything on Smith and ignoring everything else is not making an excuse, oh the irony.

Smith had a bad day and it showed early as his passes were wobbly all day. Credit where it's due, we got whipped today by the NFL's best team and it showed we are not there yet. Fortunately for us it's October and not January.
  • Apone
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bzborow1:
Smith had a bad day and it showed early as his passes were wobbly all day. Credit where it's due, we got whipped today by the NFL's best team and it showed we are not there yet. Fortunately for us it's October and not January.

Smith had a bad day no disputing that, and I do hope Kaep replaces him eventually. However your coaches have to also put your team in a position to win.

The strength of this team is based on the run game. When Gore has 8 carries and sits out 40 minutes of the game, that's not playing it towards your strength.

2 QB sytem doesn't work in the NFL. Either start Kaep or Smith. Kaep was in 7 times. Besides the pass to moss they resulted in either loss in yards, penalties, or momentum/drive killers.

The Giants the NFL's best team? I think the Falcons and the Texans might have better say in that.
[ Edited by Apone on Oct 14, 2012 at 10:25 PM ]
Somone ought to let the Niners coaches know thier not the smartest guys on the field.

The Niners have some real turds who call themselves fans
That Kapernick sack was HUGE for the NY Giants. It brought up 3rd and 21 instead of a first and near goal.score there and we're only down two td's with momentum and it's still the 3rd quarter.

-Rogers dropping that easy ass pick.

-too many INTS

-Akers missing 2

-Too much subbing out Alex and Patrick Willis

-abandoning the run (although 23-3 at the middle of the third, one could make an argument)

Let's kill some seahawks on Thursday
Harbaugh accepted blame for a not so good game plan and that is good enough for me. Smith played poorly and I agree with DJ that it was largely a team loss. At times it looked like the Minn game. Were they preoccupied with the Seattle game? Perhaps...had to prepare for two games this last week. But overall, burn the tape and get over it.

• dj43
Originally posted by danimal:
surprise surprise. DJ43 is blaming the coaches AGAIN. Maybe once the Niners run through every single NFL and NCAA coach you can start to look at QB

Is that really what you took from my post?
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
Guys.

The Giants have a better QB, better receivers, and a better pass rush.

They were better than us last year, and they're better than us this year.
  • dj43
Certainly QB Colin Kaepernick in the two previous games, very successful plays. Is there ever a fear that by putting him in too much you disrupt the flow of the offense?

"Yes."

Do you think that could have been an issue today?

"Perhaps. The plan wasn't the best plan. And we'll work to make a good one this week. Wasn't a great day for any of us."
(this from the Press Democrat interview)

Obviously putting in Kaepernick disrupted the flow. Troy Aikman seriously questioned that strategy, especially right after the long pass completion to Moss.

Harbaugh admitting that their game plan was weak is a major admission. He usually says nothing.

-rest my case...
  • dj43
Originally posted by A-R-S:
Guys.

The Giants have a better QB, better receivers, and a better pass rush.

Obviously all three are true, although their pass rush scheme today was more innovative than the vanilla stuff Fangio was pitching.
Originally posted by danimal:
surprise surprise. DJ43 is blaming the coaches AGAIN. Maybe once the Niners run through every single NFL and NCAA coach you can start to look at QB

Surprise surprise.

Another dumb f**king post.
Share 49ersWebzone