LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 255 users in the forums

Gameplan

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Bottom line, we don't push the ball deep enough and safeties were playing up on the intermediate routes today. Minnesota gave everyone a blueprint, and the Giants copied it. We need to quit trying gimmick plays and refine our offense to be more potent. When we play good defenses, gimmicks don't work. Now, I don't know if this is a thing where Alex doesn't take the shots or if Roman doesn't call them, but 2-3 deep balls would help a lot. I know we completed one today, and jsut missed another, but we need to make more of an effort to push the ball down the field and make teams pay.
We had one?
Was f**king retarded.
Our gameplan looked to be.

Step 1: Try to win... if that doesn't work...all out of ideas... maybe we can trick them....

Step 2: Get raped.
Did VD get a pass?
  • Tman
  • Veteran
we got to Kap happy
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
the kap s**t was fine against the jets. stop using it.
I don't think the deep shots were the problem in this game. They took a few of them, although, they were more prayers than anything. The problem is that once we got down by 1 TD, Gore and Hunter were removed from the game plan despite both of them averaging over 4 yards per carry. It was just stupid and the "plan" played right into the hands of the Giants just like it did against Minnesota.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Was f**king retarded.

The gameplan was absolutely this
I understood G-Ro had to call passing plays more because we were slowly getting behind in scores after 17-20 to 3, but he didn't run with Gore and Hunter enough. But instead put Kaep in. He could have left the struggling Alex Smith in to hand it off to Gore and Hunter. It seemed like we were getting good yards running those guys.

Just too cute play calling.

Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Was f**king retarded.

The gameplan was absolutely this
RUN FORRESSST RUNNNNNN
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I understood G-Ro had to call passing plays more because we were slowly getting behind in scores after 17-20 to 3, but he didn't run with Gore and Hunter enough. But instead put Kaep in. He could have left the struggling Alex Smith in to hand it off to Gore and Hunter. It seemed like we were getting good yards running those guys.

Just too cute play calling.

In the first two drives, Alex Smith threw 14 times. Gore had 8 carries the whole game. The game wasnt out of hand until the 3rd quarter, but we started the game like we were down 2 scores. Thats the same way we lost to Minnesota, by abandoning the run.
I think the 49ers quit running the ball to early.Our running game was working,why did the 49ers start passing so much.The passing game isn't the 49ers strengh.WE gave the giants what they wanted.we became one dimentional
Originally posted by NCommand:
We had one?

Yeah, did we have one? I'm with you. Came out swinging the first two series, after that we went to the Tecmo bowl playbook.
We almost had 2 with the pass to manningham (Moss was the other)
Share 49ersWebzone