LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 332 users in the forums

Gameplan

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Member Milestone: This is post number 900 for Baldie.
I'm watching the packers/texans game right now......just imagine if Rodgers was our QB with our weapons and our defense. Unbeatable!

Anyhow......our offense is capable of quick stricks and airing it out, but we just don't have the QB to do it. With our weapons, we'd be unbelievable. We brought in Manningham and Moss but have yet to use their skill-set. Any receiver can catch a 5 yard out or a 10 yard pass. They were brought in as decoys I think and the plans worked but not against a playoff team like the Giants. Problem is we have the new weapons but the same ole Alex, and the Giants knew this. So they basically played our game against us, play solid D, rush the QB, run the ball. Except NY has Eli.

I understand the game plan for the Niners is to run, but when a defense keys in and stops our running game, and our defense is having an off day, we need to trust the QB to air it out. Unfortunately we have a QB who just isn't consistent.
Originally posted by Baldie:
I'm watching the packers/texans game right now......just imagine if Rodgers was our QB with our weapons and our defense. Unbeatable!

Anyhow......our offense is capable of quick stricks and airing it out, but we just don't have the QB to do it. With our weapons, we'd be unbelievable. We brought in Manningham and Moss but have yet to use their skill-set. Any receiver can catch a 5 yard out or a 10 yard pass. They were brought in as decoys I think and the plans worked but not against a playoff team like the Giants. Problem is we have the new weapons but the same ole Alex, and the Giants knew this. So they basically played our game against us, play solid D, rush the QB, run the ball. Except NY has Eli.

I understand the game plan for the Niners is to run, but when a defense keys in and stops our running game, and our defense is having an off day, we need to trust the QB to air it out. Unfortunately we have a QB who just isn't consistent.

Rodgers has had better weapons for years. Gore is useless with 8 carries.
Share 49ersWebzone