LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 289 users in the forums

Official Greg "the mad scientist" Roman Express

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by dmax:
NC...excellent excellent

Originally posted by sfout:
Just wondering "aloud" to the members of this board.......Panthers owner Jerry Richardson has essentially put Ron Rivera on notice for the final 10 weeks of the season with the firing of GM Marty Hurney. Suppose Rivera is shown the door, what are the odds of our own Greg Roman being a lead candidate for the job?

It's just a matter of time when you have success that other teams are going to raid your coaching staff and roster. It happened with the Niners in the 80's, Cowboys in the 90's and the Patriots in the zips. It'll be interesting to see who Harbaugh picks to replace the departed.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
NC...excellent excellent

Agree. Hopefully Roman can figure out some good plays and make adjustments to get the ball to his play-makers as much as possible. We will see just how many adjustments he makes or if he is just fine running the ball most of the time.
Originally posted by tohara3:
NC...excellent excellent

Agree. Hopefully Roman can figure out some good plays and make adjustments to get the ball to his play-makers as much as possible. We will see just how many adjustments he makes or if he is just fine running the ball most of the time.

Thanks guys...this is a great thread and interesting take as all of our offense starts with HarRoman's offensive philosophy and game-plan and then bleeds into in-game management and execution. Teams clearly have adapted to our strengths (in the passing game - VD) and WE haven't adjusted IMHO. I'm very curious to see how we adjust to a very good, aggressive, attacking defense that will not only want to take away VD but also pus tons of immediate pressure on Alex from multiple angles/spots along the DL (corner blitzes, S, ILB, OLB, DL, etc.).
[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 27, 2012 at 8:10 AM ]
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
If it makes you feel better NC, I've read that Greg Roman's name is coming up within the league as a head coaching candidate.

-NationalFootballPost.com
Originally posted by NCommand:
NC...excellent excellent

Thanks guys...this is a great thread and interesting take as all of our offense starts with HarRoman's offensive philosophy and game-plan and then bleeds into in-game management and execution. Teams clearly have adapted to our strengths (in the passing game - VD) and WE haven't adjusted IMHO. I'm very curious to see how we adjust to a very good, aggressive, attacking defense that will not only want to take away VD but also pus tons of immediate pressure on Alex from multiple angles/spots along the DL (corner blitzes, S, ILB, OLB, DL, etc.).

GRO calls a good game. the players need to execute
Originally posted by FL9er:
If it makes you feel better NC, I've read that Greg Roman's name is coming up within the league as a head coaching candidate.

-NationalFootballPost.com

Uh oh...don't want to lose him; he just has some areas he also needs to improve upon. Only 1.5 years in...we have a ways to go. When he's on, he's on. When he's not, he's not.
how about no stupid cute s**t tonight
Put VD in motion. The defense then has to account for where VD may be in conjunction with the other receivers on the team. We can run something behind where VD will be or have VD underneath the other guy like Moss or Ginn. Or VD can go in motion then blowing up a DE with his blocking for a good run gain by Gore/Hunter.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Oct 29, 2012 at 12:02 PM ]
I was speculating on another forum about the future of the Eagles organization. If Andy gets fired, I wondered if Kyle Shanahan would bring the new Redskins' offense to Philli as the new head coach...but then I'm sure he doesn't want to face daddy two times a year.

they invested alot of money into Mike Vick so I'm sure they would keep him around to see what the new coaching staff can do with him.

so maybe Greg Roman will be asked to go there. He is really creative with his offense and the personnel. He is some how able to get our offensive weapons open deep down field, non of which have the speed of Desean Jackson or Macklin. His running game with Vick, Shady McCoy, and Jackson in some type of Pistol formation would be deadly.

and I'm sure he would try to bring our Ed Donatell to be his Defensive Coordinator.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Oct 29, 2012 at 12:18 PM ]

Originally posted by Afrikan:
I was speculating on another forum about the future of the Eagles organization. If Andy gets fired, I wondered if Kyle Shanahan would bring the new Redskins' offense to Philli as the new head coach...but then I'm sure he doesn't want to face daddy two times a year.

they invested alot of money into Mike Vick so I'm sure they would keep him around to see what the new coaching staff can do with him.

so maybe Greg Roman will be asked to go there. He is really creative with his offense and the personnel. He is some how able to get our offensive weapons open deep down field, non of which have the speed of Desean Jackson or Macklin. His running game with Vick, Shady McCoy, and Jackson in some type of Pistol formation would be deadly.

and I'm sure he would try to bring our Ed Donatell to be his Defensive Coordinator.

Vick is just about done being an NFL QB, using him in the Pistol will just get him hurt faster.
Originally posted by jreff22:

Vick is just about done being an NFL QB, using him in the Pistol will just get him hurt faster.

well I would doubt they would run it all game...maybe just 3 - 4 times a game when they want/need a big play. Other wise, run run bootleg run playaction run run. It would be like when Vick was most truly effective. During the year the Falcons went into Green Bay in the playoffs and beat them...(the Eagles beat them the next week) but that year, the Falcons were basically asking Vick to be a game manager but to use his athletic ablity to hit big plays.

This is how I feel the 9ers would use Colin, if they needed him to be out there fulltime....it wouldn't be Pistol/Wildcat 60% of the time...maybe 15%.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Oct 29, 2012 at 2:42 PM ]
Originally posted by jreff22:

well I would doubt they would run it all game...maybe just 3 - 4 times a game when they want/need a big play. Other wise, run run bootleg run playaction run run. It would be like when Vick was most truly effective. During the year the Falcons went into Green Bay in the playoffs and beat them...(the Eagles got them the next week) but that year, the Eagles were basically asking Vick to be a game manager but to use his athletic ablity to hit big plays.

This is how I feel the 9ers would use Colin, if they needed him to be out there fulltime....it wouldn't be Pistol/Wildcat 60% of the time...maybe 15%.
Even the small % runs have been a reason why he never plays a full season, dude is never healthy.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by NCommand:
NC...excellent excellent

GRO calls a good game. the players need to execute

I hope thats sarcasm.......
next eagles HC
Share 49ersWebzone