There are 56 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

An idiot on ESPN's First Take said Alex Smith looked better last year than this year.

Originally posted by bleeds9ersredandgold:
can't believe people on this board are still making threads based on First Take.





EVERYONE KNOWS THAT first take IS A COMPLETE JOKE.

Haha, a lot of this for me.

I avoid that show like the plague.

Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith are just obnoxious.

All hot air and no substance.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Late 2010 - Better.

2011 - Better Still.

2012 - The best I've ever seen and still ascending.

Pretty much this.

I concur.


This....
Anybody who cannot see the greatness of Alex Smith is an idiot. That includes the Jaw, Steve Young, anybody. Only Alex lovers know football.
no offense but anybody who watches First Take simply has bad taste, the whole show is a joke
Originally posted by vrabbit:
no offense but anybody who watches First Take simply has bad taste, the whole show is a joke

Yes, they are idiots.
But it can be entertaining at times. Especially when 50% of the program they're arguing about Tim Tebow or LeBron James. LOL!
These talkers have some intern (usually a college student that isn't paid) research and write the script. If the person is paid it's around minimum. You can be sure the person doing the grunt work is under 25. Most 49er Webzoners have forgotten what these guys have yet to learn. The real acid test is when they make their picks each week. If they bet real money they'd be in the poor house. Like politicians they just move their mouths, that's all.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
I think the back shoulder throw to Williams is a big step up for Smith. Also, the throw to Vernon on a dime along the sideline. He threw it off his back foot, and threw it early, before Vernon was at full speed; that showed great anticipation.

I think there are certainly some improvements.

definitely. never seen him hit a back shoulder throw like that before.

He actually started doing it last year. I can remember one in particular where he he Vernon on a back should throw. I want to say it was against the Bucs.


I agree, but this one was light years ahead of that one. He threw it down field while Williams was running full speed. Not only this, but the great thing about it, was the he had Gore wide open in the flats on the left. It would have been a good decision to throw it to Gore, and a much safer play, but he decided to make the throw down field to Williams in tight single coverage. It was the bigger play, with the bigger payoff, with the bigger risk.
In other words, Alex Smith is beginning to "take shots", which makes our offense much more scary.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Oct 11, 2012 at 11:50 PM ]
Originally posted by BrianGO:
I agree, but this one was light years ahead of that one. He threw it down field while Williams was running full speed. Not only this, but the great thing about it, was the he had Gore wide open in the flats on the left. It would have been a good decision to throw it to Gore, and a much safer play, but he decided to make the throw down field to Williams in tight single coverage. It was the bigger play, with the bigger payoff, with the bigger risk.
In other words, Alex Smith is beginning to "take shots", which makes our offense much more scary.

Oh my... you are not kidding. Though Alex's primary reads were to the right, Gore ended up being all by himself on the far left flat, lol! If Gore makes that catch, he probably gets chased down by a S around the 15 yd line.. but wow... so by himself over there.

Alex certainly would have gone to Gore.. had he even taken a look over there, but he liked what he had with Kyle W.. so all's well.
Originally posted by ayetee:
Anybody who cannot see the greatness of Alex Smith is an idiot. That includes the Jaw, Steve Young, anybody. Only Alex lovers know football.

Originally posted by ayetee:
Anybody who cannot see the greatness of Alex Smith is an idiot. That includes the Jaw, Steve Young, anybody. Only Alex lovers know football.

well to be fair steve young and joe montana have always liked alex and kept saying coaching was the problem
ZRF?
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
I guess two years of outstanding play would almost qualify him for semi elite status

Two years of outstanding play would DEFINITELY qualify Alex for semi elite status.

So if he continues his outstanding (total) play this year, and does it again next year, I would have no problem saying Alex is semi elite in 2014.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home