There are 59 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Biggest matchup against Giants?

Biggest matchup against Giants?

  • Chico
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,204
I think our biggest matchup will be Staley vs Pierre-Paul. Staley seems to struggle vs faster OLB and this could be our biggest threat. What do you guys think?
Rogers / Cruz. That dude can kill us.
the whole offensive line vs their defensive line. Staley vs paul is intriguing but there's more to the game than one on one
It'll be won in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

We need to give Alex time in the pocket - this time we have the receivers who can get separation

Our D needs to get 3 & out very often which will tire the G-Men D out

Turnovers in our favor
If our d line beats their o line then I like our chances, simple as that.
Punted football floating through the air vs. guy receiving the punt for the 49ers is the biggest matchup in this game.....
Giants' defensive plan against the 49ers



Joe Staley
[ Edited by NinerGM on Oct 11, 2012 at 11:44 AM ]
  • Chico
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,204
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Punted football floating through the air vs. guy receiving the punt for the 49ers is the biggest matchup in this game.....

Good point! i should have added turnovers to the poll.
Harbaugh vs Coughlin





Harbaugh wins by the way
Win in the trenches win the game
u guys think we'll play them like we did the Packers? Basically focus on their passing game.
Greg Roman vs Perry Fewell

Jonathan Goodwin vs Rocky Bernard

Aldon Smith vs David Diehl



For those saying Rogers vs Cruz...just remember...a wet track ALWAYS favors the quick receivers. Cruz had one good half of ball in 2 games and most of it came on two drives. Not even worried about that guy....and he's from my hometown
Originally posted by Chico:
I think our biggest matchup will be Staley vs Pierre-Paul. Staley seems to struggle vs faster OLB and this could be our biggest threat. What do you guys think?


I voted for 9er DB's against Giants WR's but Joe Staley and the entire line are high on my list of concerns.

I have no doubt the run game will have sucess, but the sucess of the passing game will depend on the oline keeping Alex upright...................
I voted other because as much as the Giants D Line has looked like crap lately, they still have been known to explode out of nowhere and they can be pretty quick to jump the ball. SO I say our O Line vs there D Line, IMO that is what will make or break this game. Cuz if Alex has time, he will totally pick apart there depleted secondary.
[ Edited by LoneWolf on Oct 11, 2012 at 10:49 PM ]
Originally posted by pdizo916:
the whole offensive line vs their defensive line. Staley vs paul is intriguing but there's more to the game than one on one

good observation...
...