LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

Jacobs unhappy

Shop Find 49ers gear online
lol a guy is itching to get into the game and tear it up and you guys want to cut him? Harbaugh by design.
I can't believe some people here would want to release him.

I say release him... against the Giants! This guy could win us a game in the playoffs simply because of his ability to get that short yardage. That will especially be needed in the postseason.

What I think Harbaugh is doing with guys like Moss and Jacobs and perhaps a few others is keep them quiet till the postseason in order to provide a fresh set of plays and gameplans that opposing teams can't look back on earlier in the season. It may not be fair to the player who wants to see action, but something tells me Harbaugh doesn't care what they think.
[ Edited by mustangmele on Oct 10, 2012 at 6:58 PM ]
i can see us working him in starting this weekend.
Cut him. Coach just said that Jacobs didn't play because he wasn't 100%, then Jacobs jumps in front of a reporter and starts whining about not getting any reps and that his knee has been fantastic the past couple weeks? He's probably telling the truth but you don't go behind Coach's back and start spewing to reporters, you wait your turn or talk behind closed doors...definitely not to the media. Don't need his emotional baggage when the "Team" is looking at the prize.
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
Cut him. Coach just said that Jacobs didn't play because he wasn't 100%, then Jacobs jumps in front of a reporter and starts whining about not getting any reps and that his knee has been fantastic the past couple weeks? He's probably telling the truth but you don't go behind Coach's back and start spewing to reporters, you wait your turn or talk behind closed doors...definitely not to the media. Don't need his emotional baggage when the "Team" is looking at the prize.

You don't cut him until he takes it a step further. Right now -- what he said doesn't merit enough to be cut.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Play him
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Dude wants to play football and you guys want to cut him?

Lol, that's like erasing a bootycall number you have on the back burner because she wants to f**k.

Chill guys, its a good thing he is upset. He loves to play and wants to, that is NOT a bad thing.
They'll definitely play him this week. He's motivated to do well - a) to stick it to his old team, b) to keep himself in the lineup.
Originally posted by mustangmele:

You don't cut him until he takes it a step further. Right now -- what he said doesn't merit enough to be cut.

I disagree. The Coach and the rest of the team preaches "Team". When a player, especially a player who hasn't played a snap, starts talking to the media about our coaching decisions then they need to go. I know he didn't say anything "too" extreme but it wan't necessary, he's just whining. Obviously my opinion but I don't see him as that much of an asset to detract from the "Team" trying to win games and get in a position to get another Ring.
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
You want to re-sign the safety whose name you don't know?

I can't spell his last name but I know the boy can play! ;0)
One day I hope to be as smart as you!

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:
he was kept because on top of his special teams ability, but also for his running ability, run/pass blocking ability, and last but not definitely not least...his cheerleading ability...if he was one dimensional he wouldn't have made the team with the talent we have.

also CC, i don't think Harbs and Baalke would keep a terrible player on this loaded roster....and if didn't watch our 9ers play, um Dixon has a hard fought TD this year...even though he has like zero carries.

i just am not impressed with his special teams, he seems so slow and the only time he gets carries is in a blow out. terrible is harsh, i am sorry but I just feel the man is a underachiever not your problem,, its mine
I have a feeling that he will be active against the Giants and have himself a good game.

Still not sure who we sit though. Celek maybe?
Originally posted by Chief:
Dude wants to play football and you guys want to cut him?

Lol, that's like erasing a bootycall number you have on the back burner because she wants to f**k.

Chill guys, its a good thing he is upset. He loves to play and wants to, that is NOT a bad thing.

Maybe, but how does his b***hing help the 49ers win? It's a distraction for a head coach who seems to loathe them.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Much Ado About Nothing

yup
Originally posted by mustangmele:

I disagree. The Coach and the rest of the team preaches "Team". When a player, especially a player who hasn't played a snap, starts talking to the media about our coaching decisions then they need to go. I know he didn't say anything "too" extreme but it wan't necessary, he's just whining. Obviously my opinion but I don't see him as that much of an asset to detract from the "Team" trying to win games and get in a position to get another Ring.

I understand what you're saying. If Jacobs says a few more things, perhaps what you suggest should be carried out. But no doubt Jacobs has friends in that locker room. If you cut a guy too early, that very act in itself can cause a division between Coaches and Players. Also, it will cause a lack of trust and loyalty for Harbaugh. You don't want your players walking on eggshells.I remember Mike Nolan was cutting guys prematurely and players had issues with him for that. Not comparing the two coaches. Although, just proves what can happen when things are done too soon.
[ Edited by mustangmele on Oct 10, 2012 at 7:33 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone